Yada Yada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dude, the least you can do is change up the posts a bit, instead of just a copy and paste job.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Dude, the least you can do is change up the posts a bit, instead of just a copy and paste job.

Agreed, but i think my thoughts are that ultimately, wouldn't you just apply to these programs and at least see if you get an interview first? I can't see this info helping a whole lot on an interview (doesn't really give a great intrinsic reason why you'd be interested in program X). And I don't think the reasons above (unless all were negative answers) would be cause to not consider residency X. Any decent EM program (especially the ones you've been posting on) couldn't be that compromised/limited in their abilities/opportunities. ERAS gives us like what, 30 free apps to residencies? and like 20 bux per each residency afterwards? The cost doesn't seem that bad in the grand scheme of things... I'd probably be more interested in the vibe and the culture than those pieces. and work schedule, again...prolly can ask when you're on interviews...

Agreed, but i think my thoughts are that ultimately, wouldn't you just apply to these programs and at least see if you get an interview first? I can't see this info helping a whole lot on an interview (doesn't really give a great intrinsic reason why you'd be interested in program X). And I don't think the reasons above (unless all were negative answers) would be cause to not consider residency X. Any decent EM program (especially the ones you've been posting on) couldn't be that compromised/limited in their abilities/opportunities. ERAS gives us like what, 30 free apps to residencies? and like 20 bux per each residency afterwards? The cost doesn't seem that bad in the grand scheme of things... I'd probably be more interested in the vibe and the culture than those pieces. and work schedule, again...prolly can ask when you're on interviews...
I agree, and you have expanded on that. My thought is that the copy and paste is like a form letter, and seems a bit insincere.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, and you have expanded on that. My thought is that the copy and paste is like a form letter, and seems a bit insincere.

My apologies, I'm not trying to be annoying or insincere. Just trying to get a recent update on some of these residency programs. Copy pasting seemed like the most efficient way to ask the same detailed questions.

My rationale for getting an early start on residency programs I haven't yet applied for is to screen the programs I'm not interested in based on objective data. Shifts, commute and how trauma and procedures are shared are pretty objective. I imagine culture will be appreciated better in person (if I get an interview) than asking on a forum. I'm generally trying to find out which programs have numerous 12 hour shifts, crazy commutes (e.g., UCLA olive view) and small ED roles (e.g., ED is trumped on by surgery and anesthesia).

Shift load, commute and procedural ownership may not be the primary factors for most people to base where they want to train, but for me at this moment in my life, it is. Raising kids in med school made me learn that time is the greatest commodity I have, and I want to maximize the time with my family by avoiding heavy shift load residencies with poor commutes and poor procedure ownership.

I'm hoping that other readers are finding some utility in details to these questions, not just me.

Last edited:
What is this crap, and who came up with the stupid thread title of "Yada Yada"? It's pretty bad form to do this anonymously. And, by looking at the "similar threads", there's another with the same title, which seems to show a lack of imagination.

So, the demeaning "Yada Yada", and the repetition, makes this look like the SDN of the first decade of the millennium - where the mod staff acted like they were better than all the others on SDN.

I wonder if the anonymous mod will "gut up" and actually post something. If not, in one day, I am going to delete the thread.

What is this crap, and who came up with the stupid thread title of "Yada Yada"? It's pretty bad form to do this anonymously. And, by looking at the "similar threads", there's another with the same title, which seems to show a lack of imagination.

So, the demeaning "Yada Yada", and the repetition, makes this look like the SDN of the first decade of the millennium - where the mod staff acted like they were better than all the others on SDN.

I wonder if the anonymous mod will "gut up" and actually post something. If not, in one day, I am going to delete the thread.

I suspect the mod will not say anything. Nice of them to wander into our forum and mess with it.