Yes, another "this wait is killing me" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danae00

Away from Boards...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know how you feel. I've been waiting too. For one school, I had an interview in December and STILL have yet to hear! I've just been thinking about what I will do if I'm not accepted, so that I have a backup plan. Also, I've come to peace with the whole situation after stressing out. The stress has been affecting my current grades and health, so I've learned to relax. There's nothing I can do to change the situation by worrying. Good luck to you!

I completely understand. My roommates need to find a third person to share the rent and I can't tell them I can sign a lease. If I don't hear soon I'll be in school with no one to share the expenses with. My school didn't even give the accepted students a deadline to tell them yea or nay nor did they require a deposit. School starts the beginning of June. It's April. I'm an alternate, of course, low GRE good GPA. I'm just far enough down on the list the likelyhood of getting in is high but not high enough on the list to be a shoe in. (Last year they took in twice as many off the waitlist as my ranking). This process may be good for the schools but it is excruciating for those on waitlists. Hang in there, try to keep busy and think about a back up plan.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm right there with you! The waiting and doubting is terrible! It's only been a week of waiting so far for me so I hope I learn to relax with it! It makes me batty too and has already messed with my academics! I only get in if people change their minds and I have no idea where I am on the list so I should probably just push it out of my mind! So hard! Good Luck - I hope news comes quickly for you! :)

I think this feels like a permanent panic attack. My school wouldn't tell me my rank, or likelyhood of acceptance. Class starts at June and time is clicking out each day I check the mail box. The stress feels like a tumor growing on my lungs.....interesting.

I had an interview in December and STILL have yet to hear!

I am also still waiting to hear from THAT school! And they promised they'd sent out all the decisions by the first two weeks of March...ridiculous! But i got accepted to another very good school and so I really don't care anymore.....

Danae00, you are really not alone. This year has been so crazy, probably the most stressful year of my entire life! My family and friends thought I went nuts, lol. I was checking my email (no joke) every couple of minutes! I was guarding the mailman like a watchdog. I'm glad I was done with school, I simply cannot imagine what it would be like if i was still in college. I think the best advice for you (and something that worked pretty well for me) - Keep yourself BUSY! Go out with friends, have fun, exercise all the stress out. And just accept the fact that you simply cannot take charge of your life right now, its out of your hands. You've done everything you could, just let it go now....good things happen when you least expect them ;)

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
I'm in, MU class of 2013!!!! There is little to say that will keep you calm but just keep up the faith.

Woo Hoo! That is great! I know that this is a big deal for you! Now you can start living your life instead of putting it all on hold!

OMG I'm glad someone brought this up bc I am going crazy too. I'm on the fence with my lease and employer bc I'm on the waiting list!! Annnndd I want to know if I got in or not bc summer classes are filling up and I'm going to want to retake a class if I don't get in to up my chances for next year...yada yada. I have so many thoughts on back up plans that it isn't even funny. I'm like I could do this and this and this and everyone is like yeah ok, just wait and see if you got in first. I'm putting my boyfriend on hold as well bc he will be moving with me so it is just an absolutely nail biting time right now. Hate it. :thumbdown:

I have a question about waitlist. I can understand some school rank their list and fill the spot accordingly. But the school i'm waitlisted, and bunch of others, does not have ranks. I does that work? Do they just draw people from list randomly?Is there a system? Why? How?

Hang in there! It definitely seems like schools received more applicants then ever before making things more competitive. I am an alternate too and I figure that they wouldn't have alternates if they didn't need them - something good could still come!

So I visited my top choice school today at which I'm an alternate. I was basically told in a nutshell, but in nicer times, that my stats weren't good enough and should look elsewhere. They had ~850 applicants this year and they got plenty of apps with 3.8-3.9 gpas. They are currently ranking the waitlist, but =( I'm so discouraged.
What school told you this? I'm just curious. The school I'm on the waitlist for says that they rank everyone based on gpa and gre. Mine are both not as good as they could be so I'm wondering how many people really applied to my school and how many alternates they keep waiting.

What school told you this? I'm just curious. The school I'm on the waitlist for says that they rank everyone based on gpa and gre. Mine are both not as good as they could be so I'm wondering how many people really applied to my school and how many alternates they keep waiting.

It was USC