Yet another "What are my chances/how are my schools?" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runeofmajesty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just want to know what you all think of my chances to get in to the schools that I have selected thus far to apply to. Also, if you have any other schools that you think I should be applying to, please let me know! I'd preferably like to stay in the mid-west, but we'll see what happens.

My info is on my MDapplicants profile, but real quick:
MCAT= 31T (10 Verb, 10 Physical, 11 Bio)
GPA= 3.95 Cumulative, 3.987 BCPM

I have lots of clinical volunteer work (200+ hours at Rush university med center), I'm an active member of AMSA, etc. I also have 40 hours of physician shadowing and am very involved with the ministry department at my school (I sing for masses and stuff). I'm also going on a Volunteer trip in August to Honduras for a week with the Global Medical Brigade.

Schools list:
University of Wisconsin-Madison
UIC (University of Illinois in Chicago)
Medical College of Wisconsin
Loyola University Stricht School of Medicine
Rush University
Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine
Mayo Clinic (this is my "reach" school)
University of Chicago (this is my "let's see what happens" school)
University of Southern Illinois

So yea, let me know what you think, and suggestions of other schools that may accept me (I'm an Illinois Resident) are always helpful!! Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

You have a great GPA and decent MCAT. Your only weakness is that you are applying to too few schools. Also Mayo, Chicago and University of Wisconsin are reaches which you already know. You have 6 schools where you have a reasonable chance for an interview. I suggest adding this week St. Louis, Creighton, Western Michigan, Oakland Beaumont since you seem to prefer to remain in the Midwest. Also consider schools outside of the Midwest such as Hofstra, New York Medical, Quinnipiac, Albany, Drexel, Temple and Jefferson.