You know VET SCHOOL is driving you crazy when....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...when you check your email every 10 minutes for an email from your vet school even though you know that it's borderline obsessive and you're only doing that because you have nothing better to do.

The opposite for me. I get so many damn emails from school that I realize how unpopular I am on the weekends when I go hours without receiving any emails. During the week, I lose/miss important emails because they get buried by all the crap I get from school. I don't even bother opening most messages nowadays.

Members don't see this ad.

The opposite for me. I get so many damn emails from school that I realize how unpopular I am on the weekends when I go hours without receiving any emails. During the week, I lose/miss important emails because they get buried by all the crap I get from school. I don't even bother opening most messages nowadays.

I hate the volume of emails I receive as well. I can't keep track of anything anymore, because I just see it all as spam.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you get sucked into YouTube binge watching bot fly removals instead of studying for that immuno exam tomorrow morning.

Are they going to get it out?! I don't know!!! I DONT KNOW!!

Reactions: 5 users
You know vet school is driving you crazy when you have a week with one exam, two quizzes, 5 homework assignments, a videotaped client communication scenario and surgery and you think to yourself... "dang this is a nice, calm week".

Reactions: 1 users
When you get into the car and realized you've now been in the anatomy lab frequently enough that even your car interior smells faintly of formalin.

When you are super excited that you can tie square knots with 7-0 suture!

Reactions: 1 user
When you get into the car and realized you've now been in the anatomy lab frequently enough that even your car interior smells faintly of formalin.
Yep, and apartment, and just about everything else. I also somehow managed to lean into my cadaver and soak through my coat and sweater today...sigh

Also, when you walk across campus with a friend talking about how your abdominal aorta isn't "well injected" and that you removed part of your diaphragm. Then you realize the undergrads are staring at you funny...

When you panic when your phone rings on a Saturday morning, because you're convinced it's the hospital trying to reach you even though you weren't scheduled to work ICU, you're not on call and you have no patients in hospital. (It was actually the salon confirming my appointment for Monday...)

When the only way you remember left and right these days is by remembering which side of your cadaver dog you cut the limbs off of.

When you can't help but think when you look at your adorable golden retriever, "I know what your insides look like." Then feel completely creepy about it.

Reactions: 2 users
Please watch this video before class. Attempt to watch video, doesn't work. Professor had sent out an email earlier stating they were aware it wasn't working but should be resolved by tonight... it isn't.

Gotta love vet school.

When you wonder how nice it must be to be a lazy cat that just sits on a cat tree all day and does whatever the crap they want.

I could do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to syllabus:

Required Book: None.

Assignment: Please read xxxx pages from this book. There might be a quiz on this.

:mad:

Reactions: 6 users
I always love it when the professor requires that students buy the book that they wrote....
Obviously not vet school...but that irks me too. My environmental physio prof required his book (he was the lead author), and only tested on his blurbs in the book. Ego. All about the ego. And probably royalty from the publisher, too.

When your anesthesiology ELECTIVE class has quizzes every week (okay, fine, whatevs). But then you FAIL the quiz because they ask DOSAGE questions on the first test. WHO DOES THAT? YOU LOOK THOSE THINGS UP! I got an A in anesthesia! Why do you try to kill me in an elective that I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to learn more things for? Grrrrrr....

When your anesthesiology ELECTIVE class has quizzes every week (okay, fine, whatevs). But then you FAIL the quiz because they ask DOSAGE questions on the first test. WHO DOES THAT? YOU LOOK THOSE THINGS UP! I got an A in anesthesia! Why do you try to kill me in an elective that I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to learn more things for? Grrrrrr....

Ugh... I don't understand 90% of what they ask us about pharmacology/anesthetics... vets look up all that ish... especially dosages...

And early elective.... this is me:

Nothankyou_no_thank_you_no_thanks_goodbye_damn_mean_girls.gif

I am sort of okay with it in this case though, because it's actually a very useful book.

That is good... the one book where the professor wrote it and required us to buy it was a neurology book. It was the most horribly written and useless book I have ever looked at (viewed it in the library). I refused to buy it, not going to buy a book that is largely useless to me since it is so horribly written and that I will probably never look at again after the class ends.

uhh i'd fail that. and i did well in anesthesia and rotation. and supposedly i'm going to graduate in less than 5 months. that seems a little ridiculous...

uhh i'd fail that. and i did well in anesthesia and rotation. and supposedly i'm going to graduate in less than 5 months. that seems a little ridiculous...
It was more like I was supposed to recognize that one was a "high dose" vs. a "low dose" of xylazine, for instance. No way, Jose. That's what Plumb's is for. I get knowing IM vs. IV vs. SQ and differences in time to onset and duration of action and stuff, but it just really made me upset.

On the plus side, I'm kicking major butt in my SAIM elective.

You are so damn tired that you don't even care about eating, you just want to sleep for five days straight. And it is only Monday.

When you realize that you've only been back a week and it feels like several months...

You know neuro is confusing you when you are trying to index search a term, look it up for 10 minutes, think to yourself this makes no sense then realize that you accidentally looked up "pyramidal tract" instead of "trapezoidal body" because of the correlation to shape. D'oh.

When you get your first ever snow day.. and you immediately get a little stressed because that means having to play catch up in anatomy lab.

Can we still comment if vet school has driven us crazy already?

• My lab jacket, 4 years removed from small animal lab, still smells of formaldehyde. Bought a new one last week.
  • Woke up in a cold sweat and tried to find my NAVLE study notes recently. I passed the NAVLE, passed my state boards, and have been working for a while now...
  • I look at dogs at the dog park as potential injury cases instead of dogs having fun.
  • I think I talk more to my patients than my coworkers.
  • There's still a pair of coveralls in the trunk of my car. You know, just in case I have to take care of a cow in the middle of Dallas.

Reactions: 6 users
Can we still comment if vet school has driven us crazy already?

• My lab jacket, 4 years removed from small animal lab, still smells of formaldehyde. Bought a new one last week.
  • Woke up in a cold sweat and tried to find my NAVLE study notes recently. I passed the NAVLE, passed my state boards, and have been working for a while now...
  • I look at dogs at the dog park as potential injury cases instead of dogs having fun.
  • I think I talk more to my patients than my coworkers.
  • There's still a pair of coveralls in the trunk of my car. You know, just in case I have to take care of a cow in the middle of Dallas.

Hey! We miss you around here, stranger.

Turns out jobs suck :(

Actually my job is pretty awesome and I have more free time now than I ever did in fourth year, I just don't feel I have a lot to contribute any more :(

You get home from school and go to make dinner, you decide to just pull out a frozen pizza and throw it in the oven. You go to throw away the box the pizza was in and later find that you didn't throw it away, but you put it in your fridge....

You get home from school and go to make dinner, you decide to just pull out a frozen pizza and throw it in the oven. You go to throw away the box the pizza was in and later find that you didn't throw it away, but you put it in your fridge....
i have learned not to toss the box until everything is finished cooking, because no matter how many times i read the 2 instructions, i will immediately forget them as soon as i am not reading the instructions anymore.

Reactions: 4 users
i have learned not to toss the box until everything is finished cooking, because no matter how many times i read the 2 instructions, i will immediately forget them as soon as i am not reading the instructions anymore.

Yeah, I just pull the box out of the trash to read the directions for the 34123413445 time... :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
You were so concentrated on the steps for doing your spay correctly that you put a metal pot into the microwave. Whoops.

When your phys professor asks you what class you have in the afternoon, and all you can think about is the next exam you have, so instead of telling him you have anatomy, you say "neuro" and accidentally lie like an idiot. Twice.

When snow days go from "Whoo a day to do absolutely nothing!," in undergrad to "Whoo an entire extra day to study!" in vet school.

and then it becomes "oh god, another day we have to make up *somewhere*"
Considering finals is next week I'm trying really hard not to think of that horror....

Vet school: Even when we get a day to catch up we still end up behind!

You can't even watch a movie/tv show with animals in it without thinking in your mind about how the animals look (health-wise) and common diseases of that breed...

Reactions: 3 users