You know you're starting to burn out on the MCAT when ______

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rousey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd create this thread and share a quick funny story. I'm taking my MCAT on the 22nd and am definitely feeling a little burnt out.

Last night, I kept dreaming about central dogma proteins. I kept hearing a "DNA-dependent RNA-polymerase" chant from behind me. Then I look back and I'm being chased by an RNA polymerase. Weirdest dream I've probably ever had haha

It's safe to say I can't wait for this test to be over! Share some other weird stories if anybody has any

Members don't see this ad.

lmao, I too fall victim to the inner chanting of random science terms.

You know you're starting to burn out on the MCAT when: You make the mistake of answering that a high H+ concentration means a high pH.

...You can never forgive yourself after that kind of a mistake

Reactions: 1 users
lmao, I too fall victim to the inner chanting of random science terms.

You know you're starting to burn out on the MCAT when: You make the mistake of answering that a high H+ concentration means a high pH.

...You can never forgive yourself after that kind of a mistake
Just finished a practice passage that had one of those haha I repeated it like 10 times in my head to make sure I had it right

Members don't see this ad :)
When you have a dream about Elon Musk and you have the opportunity to meet him, but all you want to ask him for is advice on "How to study for the MCAT..."

And then you wake up.

Reactions: 1 user
When you seriously, legitimately wish you could take this darn test tomorrow and be done with it forever.

You know you're FLAT OUT burned out studying for the MCAT when you become so slow that you spend an hour trying to go through 2 passages because you are just sick of it.

You know you're FLAT OUT burned out studying for the MCAT when you become so slow that you spend an hour trying to go through 2 passages because you are just sick of it.

Preach on! I just see MCAT everywhere and I'm constantly anxious about wasting time not studying during the day. The other day I went into an "ELEVATOR" (it was all caps), and first thing I thought of was glutamic acid-leucine-glutamic acid...etc etc lol.

Your auto-response to anyone inviting you to anything has become "I can't, I have to study for the MCATS" for as long as you can remember, and then just end up sitting at home doing nothing for hours because you're too burnt out.

Reactions: 8 users
Your auto-response to anyone inviting you to anything has become "I can't, I have to study for the MCATS" for as long as you can remember, and then just end up sitting at home doing nothing for hours because you're too burnt out.

Hahahaha scary how true this is

When your MCAT knowledge constantly creeps over into your daily life. Like when you eat a sandwich you can't help but think about whats going on to convert that into glycogen. Or when your roommate eats all the cookies and blames it on stressful finals, you think "that's totally self-serving bias". It's like the MCAT has become a part of you and you can't get away. Everytime I'd go to the bathroom I'd find myself reviewing renal function.

Reactions: 2 users