You Will Be Financially Secure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unless things have changed it is a year-for-year commitment. Dental school is four years, so you only owe the military four years. Where did you find that it has now changed to eight years?
He is right. It's 8 years. You will find out in the fine print lol. It's 4 active duty and I believe is an extra 4 years as reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

IRR? Being ready reserve is very different from being active duty. I mean, technically, if the military ever needed to avoid the draft, they could re-activate anyone who EVER served anyway, which is just one step beyond IRR.

You put in four years, and then there is a chance you could be re-activated if SHTF. There is no obligation to drill, you don't receive pay, you receive no benefits, and you have no obligation to the military while IRR unless there's an emergency of some kind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless things have changed it is a year-for-year commitment. Dental school is four years, so you only owe the military four years. Where did you find that it has now changed to eight years?
4 years active service, 4 years reserve. A LOT of people have the notion that it's only 4 years. The recruiters will most likely not even bring it up. They will just say that you have 4 years of active service when you are done.

As I said, when you are ready reserve, you are not actually in the military for all intents and purposes. You will be the first to be called up should the situation arise, but you have no obligation or commitment to the military beyond that possibility.

He is right. It's 8 years. You will find out in the fine print lol. It's 4 active duty and I believe is an extra 4 years as reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Individual Ready Reserve is not the same thing as a reservist. Reservists get activated all the time. Very few people (and even more unlikely, dental officers) get called up from the IRR.