Your marriage is in trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaer007ll

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

It was said that 7 years is a big step for couple.
The first step is when you get a baby.
Yes ,A friend of mine is crash when they get the first baby.
You know if you have baby many things are come around. feed baby, take care of him,the financial problem etc.
They mother take the baby away even did not say goodbye.
I am worry about my marriage.
7 years .
What's you marriage story?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
idono... our 7 years anniversary is coming up in april, and we currently have a 6mo old baby. Sometimes i feel that our marriage is in trouble. A lot of time I think we'll get through it. Sometimes I feel that I just wanna pick up my baby and leave (when I'm angry). Definitely my patience for my husband is wearing thinner than before. A baby puts a lot of strain on the relationship. But I hope it'll pass. The key is constructive communication. I wish I can take my own advice though.

7 1/2 years here and not once have i felt that our marriage is in trouble. sorry guys, hopefully all goes well. we are going stronger than ever before.

Members don't see this ad :)
18 years married here, and still strong. That being said, I can count on one hand over the years the friends whose marriages have stayed together after 7 years.

My wife and I have been together for 12yrs and like all relationships, have had its ups and downs. The key is to learn how to forgive and say your sorry. We have two children and as hard as it is, they also help us to work together as a couple and parents. It is very easy to let life pull people in opposite directions and takes a lot of work for two busy professional people to support and be sympathetic towards each other when careers and ambitions seem to pull you apart. But alas, it can be done and will make you a stronger couple.

together 7
married 6
1 kid

we have had our problems...but that is all long term relationships unless you are always high or something. actually we had some problems not everyone witnesses, but we got through them.

it is real love when you are able to face those hardships and even when you realize they can be a bitch sometimes, you still love them and would not trade them in for anything in the world

My wife and I have been together for 12 but married 7.5 (as I said above) with 3 wonderful kids, but I have to ask and please don't get offended. This is to anyone who will answer.

When you guys say "ups and downs" what do you mean? Like any couple, my wife and I have our fights, and some can get pretty brutal, but never have I thought that I wanted out in any way. Are the ups and downs these fights or did you guys have times where you weren't sure. This sounds bad, and please change up the wording so it doesn't sound so bad in your mind, but I am just trying to guage what exactly "ups and downs" means in relation to a couple that is still together.

And I am not asking for specifics, just a general idea of what the phrase means to other people.

My wife and I have been together for 12 but married 7.5 (as I said above) with 3 wonderful kids, but I have to ask and please don't get offended. This is to anyone who will answer.

When you guys say "ups and downs" what do you mean? Like any couple, my wife and I have our fights, and some can get pretty brutal, but never have I thought that I wanted out in any way. Are the ups and downs these fights or did you guys have times where you weren't sure. This sounds bad, and please change up the wording so it doesn't sound so bad in your mind, but I am just trying to guage what exactly "ups and downs" means in relation to a couple that is still together.

And I am not asking for specifics, just a general idea of what the phrase means to other people.

I would describe it the same as you. The difference is that some people do not know how to get past their differences and work together.

Will be married 14 years in a few weeks.

Love her more today than the day I married her.

But, yes I can easily count the friend that made it past 7. Not sure why but it does seem to be a hurdle for many.....

4 years of marriage and 3 years in medical school. Great stuff.

6 years and 11 months of marriage for us. We seem to be doing alright. :) I can't think of another person I'd be happier with; we complement each other pretty well. We've got 2 kids, and I think each one has made us stronger as a couple, honestly. Sort of an "us against them" thing, I suppose. ;)

Ups and downs... well, we don't fight. I think we've had maybe 3 arguments with raised voices in our time together. We do have bouts of serious annoyance, and I've had fleeting thoughts of "gah, this would be so much easier if I only had to worry about myself," but I've never felt that the marriage was in danger. I'm probably due for a good solo vacation one of these days.

I been married 8yrs some months are bad, some months are good. She knows the overall goal, and this change isn't easy. One day I'll make it up to her, and take her on a awesome vacation, and spoil her, god willing I'm comfy after med school lol

1. Why was this person banned after 1 (this) post? I know, you can't really say, but I'm surprised that a person can get banned for 1 post.

As for the rest, been married 3.5, together 8, lived apart for a year and that made the marriage stronger than it was before... Marriage is work, all relationships are, without effort, they will fail, as will most endeavors...

SBB, I suspect there might've been a link for spam in the sig, but since it generated a helpful response they didn't delete the whole thread?

Also, I've noticed a lot of new posts with people not really making much sense, with spammer links in the sigs. What's up with that. sheesh.

Generally when people get banned after one post, it is either because they are spammers, or they are reincarnates of banned trolls.

You are correct that we have been having issues with spammers on SDN recently. One spamming strategy I've been seeing is that someone will join, post a nonsense post, and then come back several hours or days later to edit the post with the spam link or a hidden image with a spam link that shows up when another user quotes the post. If any of you see posts like that, please report them so we can remove the spam and ban the spammer.

That's what I was figuring happened, and when I see them I report, not respond... ;)

....yeah, all marriage are in America. Did I say North or South America?

How is divorce rate looking among ethnic groups? Has there been such studies? Google scholar, I need help with data!

Together 7

3 years of Medical School

6 months of marriage

This road will test any relationship - but it's all worth it.