Your moment of Zen...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As with all good companies they get you with the recurring fees every year to continue to keep your sample cold. they convienently keep your amex card info on file and charge every year.
What are you gonna do when they start cutting their enrollment fees (to entice new members) but double their storage costs?
Are you all of the sudden going to stop? Wouldn't you feel guilty of being a horrible parent who would rather have a weekend vacation than see to their kids totipotential needs for the future?!

Members don't see this ad.

upload_2015-8-4_7-14-13.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Adding to the list
Of questions not to Ask chronic invisible pain pts

11. So why exactly are you disabled and can't work any job?

Last week I had a 25 yr old's mother request that I start her daughter on Pain medications because she can not get out of bed. She was put on a FTL patch by her PCP for pain last year which worked wonders.

I had to give them the famous " Am I helping you or am I harming you " speech. Works every time.

Cymbalta is the only hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last week I had a 25 yr old's mother request that I start her daughter on Pain medications because she can not get out of bed. She was put on a FTL patch by her PCP for pain last year which worked wonders.

I had to give them the famous " Am I helping you or am I harming you " speech. Works every time.

Cymbalta is the only hope.

What ***** would put a 25 yo on a fentanyl patch without evidence of some serious pathology? The sad part is that this girl and her mom will likely leave your office and try another practice until she gets what she wants. The girl will be given some BS diagnosis by some quack, get put on narcs, never get better and then go on disability.

Reactions: 1 users
Award Winning Actor Freeman admitted that he was suffering from Fibromyalgia, a chronic disorder by musculouskeletal pain that had caused pain in this 77-year-old actor's arm. The pain of this disease is intense that Freeman can no longer do a lot of physical activities inside and outside the Hollywood limelight. Such debilitating disease is something that Freeman had been enduring silently since his admission of contracting the disease in 2013. His fans never knew how painful it is for Freeman as he is so dedicated and hard working.

Part of an article on my news app.

Award Winning Actor Freeman admitted that he was suffering from Fibromyalgia, a chronic disorder by musculouskeletal pain that had caused pain in this 77-year-old actor's arm. The pain of this disease is intense that Freeman can no longer do a lot of physical activities inside and outside the Hollywood limelight. Such debilitating disease is something that Freeman had been enduring silently since his admission of contracting the disease in 2013. His fans never knew how painful it is for Freeman as he is so dedicated and hard working.

Part of an article on my news app.

I think that you can get it from toilet seats.

How do you upload these images? I don't see anything that allows me to do that!

Since I started out of fellowship, I typed this up and printed it out. It has hung on my wall ever since and probably will stay there I retire
image.jpeg

Just cut and paste...
I couldn't find the upload function on the desktop version and thought I had to become a donor or something. On the mobile version, the button for upload file is right in front of my face!

Laughter is the best medicine

Except when treating diarrhea

Just a thought.

There should be a sub-sub specialty in Pain Management (Psychiatry based) that treats chronic pain syndromes with a substantial or predominant psychological component?

or

Kaiser (niche/specific physician for specific task model)? i.e.
1. Musculoskeleletal Problem (PMR/Ortho)
2. Headache/Facial Pain/Post-Stroke/MS, etc. (Neurology)
3. Blocks/Stim/Pumps (Anesthesia/Neurosurg)
4. Cancer (Palliative Care with support from other departments for procedures)
5. Everyone else, or categories 1-4 complicated by significant psychological overlay (Pain Mgmt/CBT support)

Reactions: 2 users
Just a thought.

There should be a sub-sub specialty in Pain Management (Psychiatry based) that treats chronic pain syndromes with a substantial or predominant psychological component?

or

Kaiser (niche/specific physician for specific task model)? i.e.
1. Musculoskeleletal Problem (PMR/Ortho)
2. Headache/Facial Pain/Post-Stroke/MS, etc. (Neurology)
3. Blocks/Stim/Pumps (Anesthesia/Neurosurg)
4. Cancer (Palliative Care with support from other departments for procedures)
5. Everyone else, or categories 1-4 complicated by significant psychological overlay (Pain Mgmt/CBT support)

well they do have pain psychiatrists here and there although their quality and judicious usage of opioid therapy is variable. i did work in one model where there was a psychiatrist seeing patients in the context of a pain clinic and that was actually quite helpful.

easily majority of chronic pain patients have some psychiatric co-morbidity whether pre-existing or developing due to the chronic pain and disability.

kaiser has these pseudo functional restoration programs of different levels/intensities depending on what facility or service area can offer these services. i believe they do find these to be efficient for population management of chronic pain patients.

kaiser has these pseudo functional restoration programs of different levels/intensities depending on what facility or service area can offer these services. i believe they do find these to be efficient for population management of chronic pain patients.

Why is the program not standardized across, at least a region?

Maybe you could spearhead that effort. Would help you move up the administrative chain?

Had a patient tell me about the pain from the shower. The water was hurting her. All new since she quit Lyrica due to weight gain. Lost 20 pounds and traded it for shower allodynia.

I like what was posted earlier. From now on I'm going to ask every fibro if they have considered volunteering for the Salvation Army or Red Cross to help get their mind off their suffering.

Can the Moderators kill this thread, almost as painful as the Hillary /Trump one