youtube to study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paeker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever prepared for the pcats through youtube tutorial videos? Besides the verbal section...for the visual learners, I feel that the youtube tutorial videos on chemistry and biology is extremely helpful. All the sections that I forgot since college, I've looked it up on youtube and there seemed to be a lot of videos to help you out. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this method. btw I'm not saying that you only have to use youtube to prepare but I feel that it is a great supplement to the overall preparation.

Members don't see this ad.

The proof will be in the pudding, as it were. If you do well on the test and you used that as a resource, then you found a good resource.

I found it useful for relearning (actually, I don't ever remember learning it the first time) the chain rule for derivatives, esp derivatives of natrual log and trig functions. Some of the tutorial videos were fantastic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever prepared for the pcats through youtube tutorial videos? Besides the verbal section...for the visual learners, I feel that the youtube tutorial videos on chemistry and biology is extremely helpful. All the sections that I forgot since college, I've looked it up on youtube and there seemed to be a lot of videos to help you out. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this method. btw I'm not saying that you only have to use youtube to prepare but I feel that it is a great supplement to the overall preparation.

i agree ^ ^ it's pretty much one big virtual encyclopedia and you can find info on just about anything! technically i'm still a highschool senior. but, preparing myself now![prereq's for pharm school], and currently studying o chem tutorials, for the moment. i do have ap chemistry and there's some o chem in it. but, it's not til later in the year. anyway... i hope all goes well and best of luck to you on your pcats :luck:

Use discretion... The information on YouTube is not certified. Thus info can either be correct or simply wrong. That being said, there are many demonstration videos that are great - some techniques have to be seen before they can be learned.

Use discretion... The information on YouTube is not certified. Thus info can either be correct or simply wrong. That being said, there are many demonstration videos that are great - some techniques have to be seen before they can be learned.

hey ice ^ ^ discretion? ooh, definitely!... besides, the comments usually says it all :)

I used it for redoing Ochem for the pcat I think, and maybe some gen chem. I used mathtv.com(I think, something like that) to relearn calc for the pcat

Thanks everyone, I found all your responses very helpful!! I just learned about this forum and I absolutely love it, I can now relate to others who are in the same situation as I am! Good luck to you all!!

why are you focusing on pharmacy from highschool? isn't that too soon?

oh i realize there are 0+6 programs, i just meant that usually when students start undergrad they might change their majors multiple times before they're content. But yea.

oh i realize there are 0+6 programs, i just meant that usually when students start undergrad they might change their majors multiple times before they're content. But yea.

in that sense... you are very right and my apologies for the misunderstanding ^ ^ as i myself will pursue a BS in biochem. but, as far as Pharm.D. goes? ooh, you can definitely be sure that i'm just as content as you! and i wish nothing but the absolute best... good luck :luck: