Zocdoc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guptaa3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here using the services of zocdoc for your practice ? What has been your overall experience and thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid for a year upfront. It didn't pay for itself.
I kept getting no-shows from doctor shoppers
(verified by my state's PMP).
I also got new patients scheduling appointments for their "friends"; when I didn't prescribe what they wanted we got a string of afternoon no-shows.
Another problem was multiple appointments on the same day from a few mentally disturbed persons; they were scheduling back to back appointments all day long. The secretary would delete the duplicate appointments, and the patients would just keep putting themselves back on. All of the spots were used up by 1 person & Zocdoc won't let you double book.
We proposed taking a $50 credit card deposit if the appointment was made by zocdoc; what ended up happening is we released less and less appointment spots to zocdoc, and after 6 months we just stopped using it.
A urogyn I know loves it for her patient population... Different strokes.

Last edited:
I have used it for the last year. The patients are usually not the type of patients you want in your practice. Its not ZocDocs fault, but most people that search online for pain management are looking for meds.

I have kept it going for the simple fact I have many positive reviews from all verified patients. None of them are fake, so I dont think that rip off report is completely true.

Many patients that are referred from good docs will read the reviews and tell that the researched me prior to coming in

I have been using ZocDoc. Not sure our exact numbers, but probably at about the break-even point. I think it does attract drug seekers, but my ZocDoc profile specifically states: "We do not prescribe narcotic medications but we can make recommendations to your Primary Care Physician." So I think this has helped to keep most of them away. Also my office staff is good at screening out the drug seekers so that has not been a problem for me. As per Pacman27, the reviews have been mostly positive for me, with an overall 5 star rating, so I think that helps, in terms of building up online reputation/presence. Otherwise, I would not expect too much from it either. It also may depend on where you practice and how much patients in your area actually use ZocDoc. We checked with a pain physician colleague in the area before signing on, and his experience was exactly the same as what we have experienced so far.