info on dental internship for international undergraduate (BDS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnravi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: H from Chennai, India in May 2003. I am a dental undergraduate student from India. I am completing my final undergraduate exam in May 2003. I am supposed to do a hospital internship for 1 year after my final exam to earn my degree.
I would like to know if this internship can be done in any hospital in US preferably in Washington area.
I would like to complete my DDS after this, (or if the US university would allow before the internship)

Can I get some info on such hospitals/universities etc.,

I would appreciate even if I can get areply to my private email.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.. So did u ever find out if the internship can be done in the US??

:confused: H from Chennai, India in May 2003. I am a dental undergraduate student from India. I am completing my final undergraduate exam in May 2003. I am supposed to do a hospital internship for 1 year after my final exam to earn my degree.
I would like to know if this internship can be done in any hospital in US preferably in Washington area.
I would like to complete my DDS after this, (or if the US university would allow before the internship)

Can I get some info on such hospitals/universities etc.,

I would appreciate even if I can get areply to my private email.
Thanks

In India, to get a BDS degree you must do a 1 year internship. In USA, there is no need to do any internship to get DDS/DMD. So there is nothing called "internship" in USA for dentists. May be you are confused with medical doctors, where they can do their internship in USA after passing MBBS final year exams in India, which is called a "fifth pathway".
Definition: The Fifth pathway is "A pathway by which students who have attended four years at a foreign medical school may complete their supervised clinical work at a U.S. medical school, become eligible for entry to U.S. residency training, and ultimately obtain a license to practice in the U.S."