How did you find info on schools before an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FancyFloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know when you go for an interview they're going to ask you questions about the school and what makes you want to attend their school. I just have so much trouble finding information about the school that is not on their website. Google is ok but there isn't much of an option for finding information about the school other than their research and research grants. Even the "News" section of google doesn't help out much. I'm stuck so any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking for unique information, not the usual "Everyone says the professors are approachable" or "The atmosphere of the campus is relaxing and laid back". Something like, "From what I've read online, dental students here have their own traditions outside of the class bringing them closer as friends, *proceed to talk about traditions*" etc. WHERE DO I FIND SUCH GOLDEN INFORMATION?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering the same thing !

Students. They'll tell you more than any site or brochure. You can ask around here, but people basically drop off the map after acceptance. So ASDA is your best bet. Google ASDA district map and you'll find links to every chapter site. Find contact info and ask anyone if they have a pre-dent committee or mentors or someone that can answer questions about their school.

Reactions: 1 users
Students. They'll tell you more than any site or brochure. You can ask around here, but people basically drop off the map after acceptance. So ASDA is your best bet. Google ASDA district map and you'll find links to every chapter site. Find contact info and ask anyone if they have a pre-dent committee or mentors or someone that can answer questions about their school.
Ill keep this in mind, thanks!