2011-2012 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for me :/ I submitted my secondary early august, completed on august 31 and no word yet..
but I have heard that they have not had many interview days, so thats nice!
Here is to waiting! :thumbup:

So just got off the phone with admission lady here. She said that they meet every Tuesday and review about 20 applications and then send invites through emails. I dont know hoe helpful it is, but it sounds like it will take a lot of time for them to go through ~7000 applicaitons!

Members don't see this ad.

So just got off the phone with admission lady here. She said that they meet every Tuesday and review about 20 applications and then send invites through emails. I dont know hoe helpful it is, but it sounds like it will take a lot of time for them to go through ~7000 applicaitons!

That would take them several application cycles... =P Does anybody know how many interviews are remaining?

I called UT a couple days ago to check on the status of my application, and I was told that they never received my secondary application despite the fact that I had submitted the secondary two months ago and had indeed been charged for it.

Considering that this has happened to someone else on SDN, it may not be a bad idea to call and verify that Toledo has received everything you have sent them. Even if they have charged your credit card (as they had to mine), they may not have received everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received anything after sending in the acceptance offer?

I called UT a couple days ago to check on the status of my application, and I was told that they never received my secondary application despite the fact that I had submitted the secondary two months ago and had indeed been charged for it.

Considering that this has happened to someone else on SDN, it may not be a bad idea to call and verify that Toledo has received everything you have sent them. Even if they have charged your credit card (as they had to mine), they may not have received everything.

So if we got a complete email from them, it's safe to assume they got our application right? because I haven't heard from them for a while.

Has anyone received anything after sending in the acceptance offer?

I sent it in last month and haven't received a confirmation yet

So if we got a complete email from them, it's safe to assume they got our application right? because I haven't heard from them for a while.

Because of their admin office problems, it's not safe to assume anything. If you are interested in UTCOM take the 15 seconds and call them.

does anyone know how toledo deals with multiple mcat scores? do they average or just take the most recent?

How long did it take to get a response after interview?

I interviewed couple weeks ago and nothing yet...

Was in for a nice surprise when I reached there. Thought "Oh, it's just Toledo" but when I saw the school and spoke to students, I felt this place was amazing. Their match and step 1 scores are phenomenal. US news doesn't give it justice with the ranking, but I'd be more than happy to attend. (Plus they were very lenient on my terrible Verbal - both interviewers said it was not an issue).

Was in for a nice surprise when I reached there. Thought "Oh, it's just Toledo" but when I saw the school and spoke to students, I felt this place was amazing. Their match and step 1 scores are phenomenal. US news doesn't give it justice with the ranking, but I'd be more than happy to attend. (Plus they were very lenient on my terrible Verbal - both interviewers said it was not an issue).

I was also interviewed a couple weeks ago (11/21) and they told us we won't be hearing until mid December and that we would not be reviewed until 12/8 and/or 12/12. I also felt the same way about UTCOM going in and coming out as you did-- I really love the school now! Here's hoping we both get some good news in a couple weeks! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

The hospital was also beautiful from what I saw.

Interview invite this afternoon. Complete sometime in September I think!

Interview invite this afternoon. Complete sometime in September I think!
me too :love:.
Not sure when I was complete because I never recieved any e-mail (but must be sometime in Nov). Also, I did call on friday and was told I was complete and sorry for the lack of communication. Very pleasant conservation.
Schedule for next week

Last edited:
hey all!

i just got an interview invite for the medstart program at toledo (early assurance for 2013 entering class). to those of you who have interviewed there, already, what is the interview setting like? intense? laid-back?

thanks y'all!
-ccfman

hey all!

i just got an interview invite for the medstart program at toledo (early assurance for 2013 entering class). to those of you who have interviewed there, already, what is the interview setting like? intense? laid-back?

thanks y'all!
-ccfman

Extremely laid back! Loved it. You'll have two interviewers and they really want to get to know you as a person. Actually went over by 30 minutes on one of my interviews.

Just read over your app. Nothing hard at all!

I was also interviewed a couple weeks ago (11/21) and they told us we won't be hearing until mid December and that we would not be reviewed until 12/8 and/or 12/12. I also felt the same way about UTCOM going in and coming out as you did-- I really love the school now! Here's hoping we both get some good news in a couple weeks! :xf:

Oh yes! I called them today and they said I won't be hearing back until January! Apparently they had some staff changes so everything has slowed down.

Oh yes! I called them today and they said I won't be hearing back until January! Apparently they had some staff changes so everything has slowed down.

Do you mind sharing the date of your interview?

hey all!

thanks y'all!
-ccfman

read up on ethics

Just got the following:

"Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Toledo College of Medicine. The committee is still reviewing your application to determine if an interview will be offered. Interviews will be scheduled through March and we will notify you as soon as the decision is made. If you are no longer interested in UT, please let us know and we will withdraw your application otherwise, please do not reply to this message. Thank you for your patience during the admissions process."

Just got the following:

"Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Toledo College of Medicine. The committee is still reviewing your application to determine if an interview will be offered. Interviews will be scheduled through March and we will notify you as soon as the decision is made. If you are no longer interested in UT, please let us know and we will withdraw your application otherwise, please do not reply to this message. Thank you for your patience during the admissions process."

I just got the same email. Did they send this out last year? Wonder what this means :confused:

Just got the same email too. They're probably just trying to get people who have already picked other schools to withdraw their applications so they can interview us!!! (that was my sad attempt at staying positive)

I just got the same email. Did they send this out last year? Wonder what this means :confused:

Yes, they sent the same email out on 12/7 last year. Actually, it was a bit longer, but the point of "we're working on it and we'll let you know" was the same.

Yes, they sent the same email out on 12/7 last year. Actually, it was a bit longer, but the point of "we're working on it and we'll let you know" was the same.

I was expecting a rejection from the subject line of the email.

After never getting a secondary, I got an email today reminding me to fill it out. -_-

It means that we are being looked at and nofinal decision is made!
I got this email too..patience is a key (so are patients..i know, bad one)
Good luck everyone! Here's to waiting! :xf:

After never getting a secondary, I got an email today reminding me to fill it out. -_-

I got the same thing. Were we supposed to find the secondary on our own without an invite? I'm going to fill it out regardless.

I got the same thing. Were we supposed to find the secondary on our own without an invite? I'm going to fill it out regardless.

No they were supposed to send it to you. Since their office has been disorganized this year, I don't think some people got it. If you called them, they send it to you. I'm not filling it out though, its already December.

same here, got the email today as well but never received a secondary from them....

Does anyone know if this school accepts pre-interview updates at all? Thanks!

Question to those that have already interviewed, Can you leave your luggage with the admission office, while you interview? because I am going straight from the train to the interview, and wanted to know where I can put my stuff.... Thanks

The education at toledo rocks! I heard they have interviewed far fewer then they should have up this point (person in-charge of 30+ years retires, they have had 3 replacements this year), meaning interviews will probably flood out soon. Don't knock toledo.

But this information is just from campus gossip.

Last edited:
Question to those that have already interviewed, Can you leave your luggage with the admission office, while you interview? because I am going straight from the train to the interview, and wanted to know where I can put my stuff.... Thanks

You can leave your things in the room where you meet in the morning of the interview, but after lunch you have your final interview and leave. So I definitely would not leave it in the room after lunch. But I am sure you can ask the admissions office and someone would be willing to take care of it. Good luck!

The education at toledo rocks! I heard they have interviewed far fewer then they should have up this point (person in-charge of 30+ years retires, they have had 3 replacements this year), meaning interviews will probably flood out soon. Don't knock toledo.

Im definitely hoping that I get an interview here, I've been keeping the faith all along. Heres to hoping

Just wondering when was your interview. It has been three weeks for me since the intervew. Hope I will hear back from them soon.

Don't worry, my interview was the first week of November, so it had been nearly 5 weeks. It took a lot of patience waiting that long, but it was well worth the wait. Good luck!! :luck:

You can leave your things in the room where you meet in the morning of the interview, but after lunch you have your final interview and leave. So I definitely would not leave it in the room after lunch. But I am sure you can ask the admissions office and someone would be willing to take care of it. Good luck!

Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.