Random non-pathology and only peripherally related to pathology thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yaah said:
Yeah I know :laugh: I think it was a subplot that was aimed at making someone else the interim CTU director (Michelle or Tony?)

Damn, 10pm!
that medical staff at CTU is so l33t! they did such a great job with suicide precautions :rolleyes: geez, even Jokewood provides better medical care...

Members don't see this ad.

AndyMilonakis said:
that medical staff at CTU is so l33t! they did such a great job with suicide precautions :rolleyes: geez, even Jokewood provides better medical care...

Well they did say they weren't equipped to handle her! :laugh: Funny that they are equipped to handle torture, locking people up, etc, but they couldn't keep her from killing herself. Well, actually, it's really not that funny. Ah yes it is, it's just a tv show.

yaah said:
Well they did say they weren't equipped to handle her! :laugh: Funny that they are equipped to handle torture, locking people up, etc, but they couldn't keep her from killing herself. Well, actually, it's really not that funny. Ah yes it is, it's just a tv show.
I passed my step 2 BS. i can laugh about these matters again!

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
How am I getting rid of a sticky? Do you mean combining info websites into the FAQ? I have thought of that but I like it better this way. I need to add more info websites though since I have a few more...keep forgetting to keep track of them though.
Yeah, I was thinking that you could save space by combining. Hey I only have 2 stickies in pre-pharmacy now! But, now there is talk of putting up a third. We'll see.

Did you buy lightbulbs yet?

AndyMilonakis said:
I passed my step 2 BS. i can laugh about these matters again!

Congratulations--I bet it feels really good!

bananaface said:
Yeah, I was thinking that you could save space by combining. Hey I only have 2 stickies in pre-pharmacy now! But, now there is talk of putting up a third. We'll see.

Did you buy lightbulbs yet?

No, I don't even need them right now. Eventually I will go, but I really am just not in the mood to go to the store on the way home this week when I am working about 13-14 hour days to get some stupid lightbulbs. They don't own me!

Besides, I potentially have a date this weekend so who needs lightbulbs!

yaah said:
No, I don't even need them right now. Eventually I will go, but I really am just not in the mood to go to the store on the way home this week when I am working about 13-14 hour days to get some stupid lightbulbs. They don't own me!

oh dear, here we go again :laugh:

yaah said:

A date who needs lightbulbs? That doesn't sound to complementary...

I'd highly recommend replacing the bulbs before bringing a chick home. I don't know why. I just recommend that.

AndyMilonakis said:
oh dear, here we go again :laugh:

:laugh: You're probably right! Gotta give me credit though I keep trying dammit!

banana said:
A date who needs lightbulbs? That doesn't sound to complementary...

I'd highly recommend replacing the bulbs before bringing a chick home. I don't know why. I just recommend that.

It's all about mood lighting. ;) :cool:

But yeah I agree I need to change these bulbs. Pretty soon the rest of them are going to die out and I am going to need candles (which I also don't have). I guess I can always turn on the stove.

AndyMilonakis said:
are you actually gonna talk to her this time? :laugh:

This is a different girl you fool. And I have already talked to her so this isn't a complete pipe dream. Gawd that sounds dirty, I just noticed!

banana said:
I think I know what your problem might be. The ladies can't see how hot you are by the dim glow of the burners.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
This is a different girl you fool. And I have already talked to her so this isn't a complete pipe dream. Gawd that sounds dirty, I just noticed!

:cool:
1) "Already talked to her" means nothing. Are you or are you not going to ask her out?

2) You are starting to overuse the "cool" smiley.

3) (general q for anyone) Do medical students have to learn anything pertaining to the structure activity relationship of various drugs?

bananaface said:
1) "Already talked to her" means nothing. Are you or are you not going to ask her out?

2) You are starting to overuse the "cool" smiley.

3) (general q for anyone) Do medical students have to learn anything pertaining to the structure activity relationship of various drugs?

I'll take the third part last. Yes, a bit. We learn in pharmacology, although I think different med schools emphasize it differently. I know in my class we learned mechanism of action of antibiotics and certain immunosuppresants, but not really for other stuff like ace inhibitors and diuretics.

2) Yes, I know. :cool:

1) We already have plans for the weekend. Just not really finalized yet. :cool: ;) :p

BTW - for Andy, LL is basically in room I where I am quite a lot of the time, so I talked with her today. Me, the surg path fellow, and the attending are all in solid agreement that she is major league hot.

I love mooching off of some random dude's wireless internet. I hope he doesn't see the light and switch on his firewall :laugh:

yaah said:
I'll take the third part last. Yes, a bit. We learn in pharmacology, although I think different med schools emphasize it differently. I know in my class we learned mechanism of action of antibiotics and certain immunosuppresants, but not really for other stuff like ace inhibitors and diuretics.
I am talking about structure activity relationship (SAR), not mechinism of action. SAR describes the basic chemical structure of the drug classes and how variations within the basic structures tend to affect the pharmacological properties of the drug. For example, thioxanthines can potentially be used as antipsychotic agents, only cis enantiomers are useful, relative potency and extrapyramidal symptoms increase with increasing strength of the electron withdrawing group at the C-2 position, etc. It strikes me as the kind of thing that would be taught only to PharmDs or medicinal chemists. But, I don't know for sure without asking.

bananaface said:
I am talking about structure activity relationship (SAR), not mechinism of action. SAR describes the basic chemical structure of the drug classes and how variations within the basic structures tend to affect the pharmacological properties of the drug. For example, thioxanthines can potentially be used as antipsychotic agents, only cis enantiomers are useful, relative potency and extrapyramidal symptoms increase with increasing strength of the electron withdrawing group at the C-2 position, etc. It strikes me as the kind of thing that would be taught only to PharmDs or medicinal chemists. But, I don't know for sure without asking.

Duh. Everybody knows that. :p

Well, we talked a little bit about cis isomers of some drugs, but didn't really get into a lot of details.

yaah said:
Duh. Everybody knows that. :p

Well, we talked a little bit about cis isomers of some drugs, but didn't really get into a lot of details.
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

seriously, both of you should hit the sack.

i'm worried about your sleep schedules.

AndyMilonakis said:
seriously, both of you should hit the sack.

i'm worried about your sleep schedules.

Yeah, I know. I didn't plan on the phone conversation going that long. Oh well. Will just have to be tired tomorrow!

yaah said:
Nice one. Not true, but nice try. :cool: This girl is not related to me.
Yeah I thought it was a good one too. And it took me 0.04 msec less than it takes google to search HotSteamingTurd.

AndyMilonakis said:
Yeah I thought it was a good one too. And it took me 0.04 msec less than it takes google to search HotSteamingTurd.

L was there today and she actually talked to me. Now that I have moved on and am interested in someone else no doubt she will be all over me.

yaah said:
L was there today and she actually talked to me. Now that I have moved on and am interested in someone else no doubt she will be all over me.
so who is this mystery lady?

yaah said:
It's a secret. :cool: It is not work related.

I like the :cool: smilie.
I see.

I don't like the cool smilie. It's actually hella lame. It kinda says, "Hi boys and girls. Daddy just smoked a pound of hash and my eyes are bloodshot, but you don't need to see that."

AndyMilonakis said:
I see.

I don't like the cool smilie. It's actually hella lame. It kinda says, "Hi boys and girls. Daddy just smoked a pound of hash and my eyes are bloodshot, but you don't need to see that."
Yeah. It has this kind of obnoxious smug connotation to it.

yaah said:
It's a secret. :cool: It is not work related.

I like the :cool: smilie.

Does she have a sister? :D

Harbster said:
Does she have a sister? :D

Actually, yes.

I can't believe you people don't like the :cool: smilie. It is rather smug, yes, but it doesn't, to me, seem to have any drug connotations. It's just an obnoxious little smug guy who knows something you don't.

it's probably a younger sister too...i always knew that the son of walid was a pedophile :laugh:

dude, I lost those coasters from the night we all went out! :(

AndyMilonakis said:
i

Well, that's a good excuse to go back out and get some more!

AndyMilonakis said:
it's probably a younger sister too...i always knew that the son of walid was a pedophile :laugh:

It is...

And what's this about coasters? Were there phone numbers on them? That would stink if that were true. I feel your pain.

Harbster said:
Well, that's a good excuse to go back out and get some more!
well, get your ass down to Ann Arbor then. did you like Full Moon? we could go there again. i suppose i could drive up. however, let it be noted that we came out to meet up with you two consecutive times. it's time for you to step up to the plate now son of walid.

AndyMilonakis said:
well, get your ass down to Ann Arbor then. did you like Full Moon? we could go there again. i suppose i could drive up. however, let it be noted that we came out to meet up with you two consecutive times. it's time for you to step up to the plate now son of walid.

At your command, Dr. Kim! :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:

Can it wait until april? :cool:

yaah said:
Can it wait until april? :cool:
dude, let's say on a given night you get out of the hospital at 8 pm. you come out drinking with us. you can go home around 10-11 pm. that's two hours of power-drinking. don't use March as an excuse. :laugh:

yaah said:
Actually, yes.

I can't believe you people don't like the :cool: smilie. It is rather smug, yes, but it doesn't, to me, seem to have any drug connotations. It's just an obnoxious little smug guy who knows something you don't.
What are you talking about? You make no sense.

AndyMilonakis said:

You lost your coasters? I lost something but I can't remember if it was in real life or in the dream I just had. Now I'm going to be sitting here picking my brain. Oh yeah. I forgot WTF happened to my windchimes. Did I leave them at my old house? Argh. I was thinking about that when I was at the dollar store yesterday. I had better write myself a note to call my mom and ask her if she has them. (yes, yaah, I do stupid things like that. :þ ) I remember something about my ex not wanting to hear them at night and us not hanging them up. But I can't remember if they are in the attic at the house or if I told my mom to keep them for now. I want my friggin windchimes!

Who knew that if I went to bed at 8pm I would wake up at 3:45 and think about these things in a semi-confused state?

Whoa. This is the first actual reason that I have had to call my mom in like 4 months. She will be happy.

I'm going back to bed. 4am is stupid.

yes i lost my coasters. when we went out to the bar, i drew and wrote things on some of the coasters. One coaster read, "Son of Walid. Rawr!" Then I drew a picture of a chinaman on my coaster. It was reminiscent of the chinese kids in the dodgeball episode of South Park. Then Harbster wrote a certain term which is sometimes used to refer to my people. I would've found it offensive like TEN YEARS AGO but when he wrote that, I almost spit out my drink and almost fell off my chair (or was that because I had too much to drink that night?). anyways, we discussed how i should scan in the pictures of the coasters the next day to post it here as a testament of the good times that were had that evening. i debated for quite some time whether i should really do this. some of the stuff on the coasters could be seen as offensive. fortunately, the dilemma was no more as captain ******* here lost the coasters!

I just woke up. That was alomst 12 hours of sleep. I feel soooo gooood. You know that feeling that you get when you wake up and you aren't tired anymore but the covers are just the right temperature and you want to just lay there and relax and enjoy it? It's like that only I'm not in bed anymore. Mmmm contentedness.

AndyMilonakis said:
Then Harbster wrote a certain term which is sometimes used to refer to my people. I would've found it offensive like TEN YEARS AGO .........

:laugh: Ya can't even remember that YOU wrote that "certain term!"

Harbster said:
:laugh: Ya can't even remember that YOU wrote that "certain term!"
Oh ****, did I really?

Oh yeah, you were the one who drew the picture of the well hung camel...