National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) - Fundamental Knowledge Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

anyone knows if Canadian fundamental knowledge test contains general anatomical science questions or only maxillofacial area questions?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Sandokan and all

I passed fundamental knowledge exam and I am looking for the study partner or group for clinical knowledge exam. Anybody has idea about the study materials???
About fundamental knowledge exam, sandokan is right.. most of the questions were from the sample questions..

Hey I was wondering if u could tell me wut other books u studied from?other than dental deck 2 n the released question??
Thanks a lot.

hi iam new here in camada an iwant to made exame in 2012 what should i study for the exam exactly please inform me
thank u

Members don't see this ad :)
hi every body iwant to register for the exam at 2012 should i register now or wait until the 1 january 2012

Hi Sandokan and all

I passed fundamental knowledge exam and I am looking for the study partner or group for clinical knowledge exam. Anybody has idea about the study materials???
About fundamental knowledge exam, sandokan is right.. most of the questions were from the sample questions..

hi congragulation for youer passing ihave just want to ask u is every one pass the fundamental knowledge exam should pass the clinical exam and then submitte for accolleage for aqualifying program and what u exactly study for AFD exam ,sorry for these alot question but idont know any body here in canada and i live in grande praire so ishould go to edmenton to register for the exam.:(
thanks alot

hi:)
i'm almost done with my graduation. i have visited the website for the canadian ndeb. lemme c if i get it right. the assessment of fundamental knowledge, clinical skills, clinical judgement, written exam, osce. will v be eligible for licensure in canada after clearing these 5 exams without doing a 2yr qualifying program? n if yes, wt is the scenario for an international graduate, not post graduate working in canada? can v be employed in clinics and dental colleges n wt is the salary like?

hi:)
i'm almost done with my graduation. i have visited the website for the canadian ndeb. lemme c if i get it right. the assessment of fundamental knowledge, clinical skills, clinical judgement, written exam, osce. will v be eligible for licensure in canada after clearing these 5 exams without doing a 2yr qualifying program? n if yes, wt is the scenario for an international graduate, not post graduate working in canada? can v be employed in clinics and dental colleges n wt is the salary like?

Yes after you finish all these steps you should be able to work in Canada.
And yes you work in clinics or whatever place you find a job :)

Is this true for all provinces in Canada? Guys, may i ask those of you who applied for this exam if what province has the cheaper or lesser complicated procedures to file my application..am planning to seat the exam in Vancouver or Toronto/Ontario region. Does this mean that we will apply directly to NDBE office without going to any accredited dental university in Canada for upgrading per se? By the way, i am a foreign trained dentist too, currently working on my PR visa and hoping to land in Canada this year. Your response is highly appreciated. :) Thank you.

Hi Sandokan and all

congratulation for passing the exam i hope i will pass it too i would like to register for the fundamental exam 2012 ...do you think i have enough time from now to study to pass the exam ? i am so confused about the study materials also if you can help me i will be so greatful l i am living in montreal ..sorry for talking alot but excuse me i have just arrived to montreal ...you can send me mail on [email protected] if you want.
thanks

Hi, could you guys explain to me what this exam is? I'm a Canadian living in the US and am taking the NDEB, what is this one???? to get into dental school? or to practice in Canada? Thank you

Hi Sandokan and all

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm living in down town Toronto and looking for a study partner or group for fundamental knowledge exam of 2012. please contact me:)
Hi I wanna start preparing for 2012 too ...live in toronto..could you guide me regarding what to study

Hi, I'm living in down town Toronto and looking for a study partner or group for fundamental knowledge exam of 2012. please contact me:)
hi, am willing to join a study group too for 2012 ndeb..am living in downtown toronto too...pls do leave a message..thanks

Hi,
im just completing my BDS from mumbai and am planning to sit for the Assesment of Fundamental Knowledge exam on Feb 4, 2012.
As I understand it ,passing this exam along with the subsequents steps i.e clinical skills, clinical judgement, written exam, osce
will grant licensure to practice dentistry in WHOLE of Canada without having to do the 2 yr DDS .

Please correct me if m wrong on any point! thanks

I would like to join a study group too, in Mumbai or Online.. please do contact me [email protected]

for the people who have already given the exam this year

1) any text books or material besides the decks (part 1 n 2) and past released papers...? should we be referring to any text books?

2) how do u rate the difficulty of the exam? it would be great if someone would share their results here and how they studied for it

3) Any idea about the pass rate for this exam?

4) Is it true that this equivalency process has been started because there is a great need for dentists in Canada at the moment?

thanks

hi
i'm looking for a study partner\guide
i'm taking the exam for this year
but i am now outside canada ,so is it ok with to stay on the internet connection:luck:
hi, am looking for study partner too for ndeb canada..am taking it by 2012..pls add me to skype..tooth.fairy8..thank you..

Hi Sandokan and all

thank you for the info. pls add me to skype: tooth.fairy8

Dear All
I sit the exam on February,5 ,the exam was fair and the distributions of questions came exactly as they said on the NDEB web page on protocol link
http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/assessment_of_fundamental_knowledge.htm#section2

-accordingly pharmacology got the greatest share and so on.
- the released questions on the NDEB was very helpful and alot of questions on the exam came from them.
- the format of a,b,c,d,e is used and no 1-a,b,c/2-a and c /3 all of the above.
- to sum up if you read dental deck 2 and the released questions you will most probably got a very good score.
note:the percentage of questions on dental decks 1 was remarkably negligible
all the best for all
did you pass the asessment?

Hi Sandokan and all

what did you study for passing the test?

Hi Sandokan and all

Hi! Do you mean funamental knowledge exam of NDEB equivalency process? Could you give me the sample questions? [email protected]
THX

Hi! everyone! I think the most important thing is to get the sample questions and the standard answers! If someone got these or wanted to join a group, pls email me, [email protected]

Hi, could you guys explain to me what this exam is? I'm a Canadian living in the US and am taking the NDEB, what is this one???? to get into dental school? or to practice in Canada? Thank you

then ndeb is the equvalent of the usa ndbe part 1 and 2. this is for your license. if you attended a usa or canadian dental school and passed this exam then you can apply for a license in a province or a state. The ndeb is for those that have completed are about to complete dental school. to get into a usa or canadian dental school you need a diferent exam, the dat.

Hi! Do you mean funamental knowledge exam of NDEB equivalency process? Could you give me the sample questions? [email protected]
THX

i dont have to take the fke but from seeing what others have said its basically similar to the ndeb. so you can get copies of the ndeb at the ndeb website. some people have the 660 page packet and some have a 396 packet. they are the same test just shuffled questions. The 660 packet has a lot of repeated question hence its a bigger packet some question repeated four or more times.

hi der.... I am going to appear for the AFK in feb 2012. Please guide me for the assessment test. I dont have any material to follow.

i dont have to take the fke but from seeing what others have said its basically similar to the ndeb. so you can get copies of the ndeb at the ndeb website. some people have the 660 page packet and some have a 396 packet. they are the same test just shuffled questions. The 660 packet has a lot of repeated question hence its a bigger packet some question repeated four or more times.

Thanks a lot. I am planing to apply for NDEB AFK in 2012. I also download the released questions (396 packet). Do you know the best guessed answers? I can share my answers with you. [email protected]:)

Hi Guys,
I am a bds graduate from India, graduated in sept 2010...
Was preparing for nbde part 1 for us till now,
As i could not get a visa, now planning to take exam for canada..
I have done with Kaplan, dentessentials, and decks twice....
If any one is interested in making me ur study partner,
Pls mail me to [email protected]

hi rupisha ,
i am new to this thread ..congratulation on passing ur afk exam ...and good luck with the clinicals ..i wish to appear for the 2012 exam i was wondering if u guide me as to where i can find the sample questions ..will appreciate ur help..thanks!

Thanks a lot. I am planing to apply for NDEB AFK in 2012. I also download the released questions (396 packet). Do you know the best guessed answers? I can share my answers with you. [email protected]:)

i already took the test. i have answers but its for the 660 page packet. the packets are the same but they shuffled the question, and the 660 packet has a lot of duplicate questions but its the one i had and henced worked on it. if you would like i can email the packet for the 660 with the best guessed answers. then in a seperate email i can send you some of the correction a group of us came up with. we ram out of time but managed to verify about 600 pages of the 660 packet. but since the packet has a lot of duplicate question some of those questions may alrready been answered

Dear All
I sit the exam on February,5 ,the exam was fair and the distributions of questions came exactly as they said on the NDEB web page on protocol link
http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/assessment_of_fundamental_knowledge.htm#section2

-accordingly pharmacology got the greatest share and so on.
- the released questions on the NDEB was very helpful and alot of questions on the exam came from them.
- the format of a,b,c,d,e is used and no 1-a,b,c/2-a and c /3 all of the above.
- to sum up if you read dental deck 2 and the released questions you will most probably got a very good score.
note:the percentage of questions on dental decks 1 was remarkably negligible
all the best for all
how doctor how are you do you know any plase give a prepared courses for the fundemental knowledge exame
i hope you can help me with that
thanks

hi congragulation for youer passing ihave just want to ask u is every one pass the fundamental knowledge exam should pass the clinical exam and then submitte for accolleage for aqualifying program and what u exactly study for AFD exam ,sorry for these alot question but idont know any body here in canada and i live in grande praire so ishould go to edmenton to register for the exam.:(
thanks alot
hi hadeel how are you
iam mariam i donot kow any thing also like you ibut i promes you if i kow any thing new i will tell you
i hope the best for both of us do not worre every thing will be gest fine
good luk :)

Hello
I am new to this forum...
I would like to take AFK in Feb. 2012
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a list of study materials for this test. I live in Montreal.
Does anyone know how I can prepare those materials?

Many Tanks,

i already took the test. i have answers but its for the 660 page packet. the packets are the same but they shuffled the question, and the 660 packet has a lot of duplicate questions but its the one i had and henced worked on it. if you would like i can email the packet for the 660 with the best guessed answers. then in a seperate email i can send you some of the correction a group of us came up with. we ram out of time but managed to verify about 600 pages of the 660 packet. but since the packet has a lot of duplicate question some of those questions may alrready been answered

Hi
I was wondering if you could send me the questions and answers of 660- page packet. I would like to take the AFK 2012. My email address is:
[email protected]

Thank you in advance

i already took the test. i have answers but its for the 660 page packet. the packets are the same but they shuffled the question, and the 660 packet has a lot of duplicate questions but its the one i had and henced worked on it. if you would like i can email the packet for the 660 with the best guessed answers. then in a seperate email i can send you some of the correction a group of us came up with. we ram out of time but managed to verify about 600 pages of the 660 packet. but since the packet has a lot of duplicate question some of those questions may alrready been answered[/ooo

Last edited:

hi iam planning to apply for 2012 AFK Exame if please you can help me can you send the 660 quastiion and the answre on my E-mail please this will help me alot
thank you doctor
My E-Mail is [email protected]

hi hadeel how are you
iam mariam i donot kow any thing also like you ibut i promes you if i kow any thing new i will tell you
i hope the best for both of us do not worre every thing will be gest fine
good luk :)
Hi. iam new to this forum. i recently gave exams for usa, my stats are NBDE1 (USA)-91, toefl-97, gpa-3.43. The way competition is going there, i am not sure of my admission .Can u advice me where to proceed.? Do u know the success percentage of the people going through equivalency process in canada. ? I will really appreciate ur help:thumbup:

Hi. iam new to this forum. i recently gave exams for usa, my stats are NBDE1 (USA)-91, toefl-97, gpa-3.43. The way competition is going there, i am not sure of my admission .Can u advice me where to proceed.? Do u know the success percentage of the people going through equivalency process in canada. ? I will really appreciate ur help:thumbup:

Tanguta ! You have an amazing score for US out there and m sure u'll get into any dental school u wish for :thumbup:

Good luck with AFK 2012 as well as US admissions :)