Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I just got one. I'm trying to log on, but I'm having trouble with it.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone else get another email from them today...just another 'check webstar' email. I can't even make heads or tails of that webpage anyway...

hows about an interview?? ;)

Right?

I am so confused by these e-mails. Are they meant to be updates?
We don't need to send transcripts in, correct? How the hell are we supposed to know if they got our letters or if we are complete?

Webstar is not very informative.

Right?

We don't need to send transcripts in, correct? How the hell are we supposed to know if they got our letters or if we are complete?

Got an email when they received my LoRs-- one of those automated messages.

It's weird, but on webstar it only shows that DO letter is received; there's not even a row for other letters under requirements. Is this the same for everyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
exactly...i just have to chuckle when the email states:

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system, WebSTAR:

and then I log in to find a confusing little box of my information...some dates...lots of empty slots...

At least I have dates by the AACOMAS app and the signature page sections. But, not the transcripts (maybe just needed before matriculation like most schools?) Also, I have two different apps I can click on, which is confusing.

Oh well, I guess...I sent them an email just to ask if I am complete. Maybe that'll work

Right?

+1. Does anybody else have two different applications? When I click on one it shows the transcripts requirements (didn't think we needed to send those?) and MCAT scores the other application has the letter requirements and AACOMAS primary.

Got an email when they received my LoRs-- one of those automated messages.

It's weird, but on webstar it only shows that DO letter is received; there's not even a row for other letters under requirements. Is this the same for everyone else?

Weird,

see I sent my letters in 07/11 and haven't heard a word about their status. I sent them an e-mail today asking if they ever got them. I sent them an e-mail about an error on my app which they fixed but they never e-mailed me back answering my question about the transcripts.

I just e-mailed them again asking the same thing. We'll see what happens I guess.

+1. Does anybody else have two different applications? When I click on one it shows the transcripts requirements (didn't think we needed to send those?) and MCAT scores the other application has the letter requirements and AACOMAS primary.

I have two apps. One saying that I need to send in my transcripts and another one saying I don't have any letters in.

CONFUSED.

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system, WebSTAR:

and then I log in to find a confusing little box of my information...some dates...lots of empty slots...

At least I have dates by the AACOMAS app and the signature page sections. But, not the transcripts (maybe just needed before matriculation like most schools?) Also, I have two different apps I can click on, which is confusing.

Oh well, I guess...I sent them an email just to ask if I am complete. Maybe that'll work
+1

Mine is exactly the same. Does any one know a direct phone number to contact admissions? I tried the 1-800 number and have been on hold for awhile. Just want to know if I am considered complete.

I'm not sure what everyone's talking about this 'transcript'. There's nothing in my app about it...

Is it just me, but is the released date of your AACOMAS app way later than it's suppose to be? For example, it says that mine was just received this week but I received the secondary three weeks back.

Officially complete :D

The admissions office said they were super busy with all the applications that are coming in, and they are preparing for the new class to start next week. We won't really hear anything till late August.

The admissions office said they were super busy with all the applications that are coming in, and they are preparing for the new class to start next week. We won't really hear anything till late August.

Yeah, Im sure its a busy transition for them. How did you hear that you were complete?

Thanks for letting us know. Congrats!

You are in for a big suprise if you make it down here. During the summer it is easily 98-102 but when you factor in the relitive humidity (>80%) typically, it gets to >110 degrees on the heat index...

I'll take a few months that you have to stay indoors and most of the year where the outside is considered nice. I was in Orlando in early July a few years ago and had no problem with being outside all day long.

I'm from Oregon where it rains for nine months straight. There are some times where the sun does not come out for months at a time. Further, rain here is different. In Florida the rain lasts a short time and it dumps a couple of inches of water. In Oregon, it rains all day long a light drizzle that only amounts to less than an inch sometimes only 0.25 or 0.38 inches in 24 hours. Everyone here is vitamin D deficient and pale.

My point is that where I am at it is inside most of the year. There it is able to be outside most of the year. That is the reason I said Florida is looking good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've talked to them over the phone now, and have learned that I'm officially complete since 7/5.:cool:

Their data entry personnel might have been either absent in the office (for vacation?) or simply already dead in water with the last year's applicants' work. I assume updates are gonna pop up in September.

I've talked to them over the phone now, and have learned that I'm officially complete since 7/5.:cool:

Their data entry personnel might have been either absent in the office (for vacation?) or simply already dead in water with the last year's applicants' work. I assume updates are gonna pop up in September.

I was going to call them tomorrow to verify my status as well.

Anyone know where I am suppose to sending in my LOR? My school has to mail them in, and there is no address avail anywhere!

Anyone know where I am suppose to sending in my LOR? My school has to mail them in, and there is no address avail anywhere!

I guess I'll do your homework:

http://medicine.nova.edu/do/admissions/procedures.html

NSU-COM participates in the Virtual Evaluations and Interfolio systems of obtaining letters of recommendation or letters may be mailed to:

Enrollment Processing Services
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-9905

blush blush,,, I looked everywhere but didn't find this page... THANKS!

I got a call from NSU today letting me know they have all my paperwork and they're giving it to the admissions people for review. Cool I guess.

All my apps are finally in and got a call from admissions confirming it. So nervous about getting in.

So what's everyone's motive for applying to this school?

I was sold on location after going to undergrad in the tundra. Time for a change!

All my apps are finally in and got a call from admissions confirming it. So nervous about getting in.

So what's everyone's motive for applying to this school?

I was sold on location after going to undergrad in the tundra. Time for a change!

My motiv? The chicks bro.....the chicks.

But seriously I went to undergrad in south florida, the women here are beautiful....oh yea and the school has a good reputation.

I can't remember my login ID. :( I can't find it in my email either. Is it something we chose or something they assigned us?

Anybody know the web address to check our status... I seem to have misplaced it.

Go to WebSTAR at www.webstar.nova.edu and select Admissions.
Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN. If you filed a paper application, use your NSU ID and Personal Identification Number* (PIN).
NOTE: If you completed a paper admissions application, your PIN was sent to you in a separate email.
Under Processed Applications, click on the Admissions Term value representing your application.
NOTE: If you have submitted more than one application to the university, multiple Admissions Term values may display.
Requirements are listed at the bottom of the page; outstanding items will not have a received date.

Please submit all required information or documents to Enrollment Processing Services by fax at (954) 262-3601 or by mail as follows:

Go to WebSTAR at www.webstar.nova.edu and select Admissions.
Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN. If you filed a paper application, use your NSU ID and Personal Identification Number* (PIN).
NOTE: If you completed a paper admissions application, your PIN was sent to you in a separate email.
Under Processed Applications, click on the Admissions Term value representing your application.
NOTE: If you have submitted more than one application to the university, multiple Admissions Term values may display.
Requirements are listed at the bottom of the page; outstanding items will not have a received date.

Please submit all required information or documents to Enrollment Processing Services by fax at (954) 262-3601 or by mail as follows:

This maybe odd but when i try to access the site from my email it will not let me log in but when i do it from the nova website it works fine.... Wtf?

Yea, I have the same problem. I don't know why?

i don't know man, everything seems to be working fine for me

i don't know man, everything seems to be working fine for me

Yeah, same here. That and I just waited forever on hold to talk to someone to understand the results of what the webstar portal said. Lol

When do they start giving out interviews?

I just finished my 2ndary yesterday and just now I received an email from them thanking me and a pdf of my app summary

How long after the release of your app., did you guys receive secondary invite?

The webstar thing is a little strange, I expected better of them. If anyone has any general questions about NSU, shoot away, I am about to start my senior year there. :)

The webstar thing is a little strange, I expected better of them. If anyone has any general questions about NSU, shoot away, I am about to start my senior year there. :)

I saw a thread that stated NSU doesnt give students ANY holidays off. Is this true? Mainly wondering about christmas or thanksgiving.

Honestly people probably say stuff like that to confuse pre meds for funsies

I really want to go here for medical school! What are my chances?

3.5ish cGPA, 3.0ish sGPA, 24Q MCAT (for sure retaking Aug 23)

My stats are low, but I have great ECs and LORs (including one from a DO). Other than the stats, I do believe I am a good candidate but I could be completely wrong.

Please HELP!

Thanks in advance!