adsas science gpa very low

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartandentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!
I started using SDN a little while ago and have found it very helpful :) I think its pretty awesome how people are helping each other out!
I have a question, its similar to the "so what are my chances of getting in"...any advice will be very helpful!
I am an international student, did very well my first year of school here.. however screwed up last year(junior year) since I got too involved with activities on campus and didnt really balance my priorities well.
AADSAS calculated my science gpa as 3.11 and non science as 3.48, the cumulative is 3.26. :eek: I am taking a microbio class and a physics class right now both of which I hope to 4. and hence bring my gpa a little higher.
Have people gotten in with such low gpa's??:(
The rest of my application is very strong, I have tons of extra curriculars, awards, some research experience(I am not very keen on research), a very good internship, a good personal statement( I've been told),solid letters of recommendation and also submitted my application mid june.
I took my DAT earlier this year and got 18 all over, except my PAT which was 13 and RC-22. I am retaking it next week and hope to do much better!
Considering all of this what would my chances look like? Would I be rejected straight up for not having a GPA around 3.4ish atleast??

Very very nervous and anxious.. any honest comments will be appreciated!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It looks like you are a Michigan resident so you will have a couple of state schools to apply to. I would research those schools and see if they have minimum cut offs, like 17 in ever section of the DAT. If you cannot find any information, I would give them a quick call. I probably would say that you would not have a chance as an out-of state applicant because the applicant pool is so large and competitive, plus, the schools will have a minimum cut-off to decrease the numbers competing for those out-of-state chairs. So in other words, the schools will look at your gpa and dat score and if it isn't high enough, they won't look at anything else. I would say retake the dat and interview well at your state schools.

It looks like you are a Michigan resident so you will have a couple of state schools to apply to. I would research those schools and see if they have minimum cut offs, like 17 in ever section of the DAT. If you cannot find any information, I would give them a quick call. I probably would say that you would not have a chance as an out-of state applicant because the applicant pool is so large and competitive, plus, the schools will have a minimum cut-off to decrease the numbers competing for those out-of-state chairs. So in other words, the schools will look at your gpa and dat score and if it isn't high enough, they won't look at anything else. I would say retake the dat and interview well at your state schools.

Well...if you look at the stats, the in state schools are Michigan and UDMercy....which are both very competetive. You would need to do very well. Michigan gives residents 60/40 preference...which is too small if you ask me, and I think UDM is a private school. My advice...get 22s across the board.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your responses! but im not a michigan resident.. atleast I dont think Im counted as one.. I think my status would just be international student