SDN'ers willing to read PS's for the class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. Rosewater

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yo,
I know it's still early, but plenty of you have probably gotten started on your personal statements. Getting mine read by SDN'ers last year really helped me alot, so I'll start the list of people willing to do it this year.

Mr. Rosewater - PM it to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Rosewater can this also apply to people applying for internships this summer?

I'm willing to read some personal statments... PM me, and give me about a week to get back to you... :)

- Quid

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DrWorkNeverDone

im working on it ;)

why not, as long as it's not a short novel send it along.

lol thanks jlee....i found out that NIH will not send my letter of rec to my writers until I send in the app :scared: so now the pressure is on.....pm me if you have any questions or need a little more info on me :)

btw I was looking at your md app, Where did you get the money to apply to all those schools ???? we really should talk some time cause our profiles look kind of alike and i would like to know what you did to get so ahead :)

I NEED ALL THE PEOPLE I CAN GET THOUGH :) ANYONE ELSE IN FOR READIN SOME GOOD O INTERNSHIP QUESTIONS?

lol thanks jlee....i found out that NIH will not send my letter of rec to my writers until I send in the app :scared: so now the pressure is on.....pm me if you have any questions or need a little more info on me :)

btw I was looking at your md app, Where did you get the money to apply to all those schools ???? we really should talk some time cause our profiles look kind of alike and i would like to know what you did to get so ahead :)

I NEED ALL THE PEOPLE I CAN GET THOUGH :) ANYONE ELSE IN FOR READIN SOME GOOD O INTERNSHIP QUESTIONS?

yeah we can talk anytime im here at home.
i got aim and msn messenger so if you got any of the two we can set up a chatting session ;)

Let's have a post as a running list.

SDN'ers willing to read PS's:

Mr. Rosewater - pm it to me
Quidream - Pm, give a week.

***SDN'ers willing to read Personal Statements for 2004-2005***

Quideam - Pm, give a week.
TheFlash - accepted 2004 applicant; willing to read and critique essays via PM for sdn'ers with 20+ posts

I'm currently in my family practice rotation, so I have plenty of free time. :) If anyone wants me to read their personal statement, email it to me and I'll do my best to give you a response within 3-4 days.

Mr. Rosewater, great thread idea! :clap:

hey flash you should be more clear that it should be at least 20 good posts :) are you also available to read summer internship personal statements?

Members don't see this ad :)
TheFlash - accepted 2004 applicant; willing to read and critique essays via PM for sdn'ers with 20+ posts
Ocean11 - accepted 2004 applicant; definetly willing to read and help critique personal statements or internship applications, PM ME

I know I was on the list, but I'd like to be off. I'm not at the computer much this summer, so I won't have time to look at PS's. Sorry, folks.

Ocean11 - accepted 2004 applicant; definetly willing to read and help critique personal statements or internship applications, PM ME
umass rower - PM it to me and I will reply with comments by the end of the weekend
lyragrl - accepted 2004 applicant who has worked as a writer/editor professionally. PM AMCAS personal statements to me and I will respond w/in a week.

Count me in.

umass rower - PM it to me and I will reply with comments by the end of the weekend
lyragrl - accepted 2004 applicant who has worked as a writer/editor professionally. PM AMCAS personal statements to me and I will respond w/in a week.
ZekeMD -PM your PS to me and I'll try to get it back to you with comments in a day or two.

Adding myself and exmike...

ZekeMD -PM your PS to me and I'll try to get it back to you with comments in a day or two.
exmike
essbe - PM it to me (1-wk turnaround)

exmike
drlexygoat - accepted 2004 applicant to several schools, willing to read and critique with several days lag.

exmike
drlexygoat - accepted 2004 applicant to several schools, willing to read and critique with several days lag.
ATPase - accepted 2004 applicant; PM it to me

exmike
DrJ2B-- PM me your PS, will reply within a few days, would love to help in any way I can, internship apps and personal statements

Argh, see how much harder it is to read without formatting... :)

exmike
DrJ2B-- PM me your PS, will reply within a few days, would love to help in any way I can, internship apps and personal statements
IrishOarsman- accepted '04, phil major, email [email protected] but PM me to let me know when you've sent it

exmike - Accepted 2004, low GPA, MPH (try me if you are explaining poor grades or working in your MPH)
IrishOarsman- accepted '04, phil major, email [email protected] but PM me to let me know when you've sent it

exmike - Accepted 2004, low GPA, MPH (try me if you are explaining poor grades or working in your MPH)
jlee9531 - accepted 04, low gpa, life experience type character. email with document if you can. i take a while with PSs. Comments will be given. Use me at your own risk.

jlee9531 - accepted 04, low gpa, life experience type character. email with document if you can. i take a while with PSs. Comments will be given. Use me at your own risk.

Originally posted by TheFlash

Mr. Rosewater - pm it to me. Accepted for '04. Few years of work experience b4 going back for med.

why quote to make everything bold?

Mr. Rosewater - pm it to me. Accepted for '04. Few years of work experience b4 going back for med.

fixed

Whoops, forgot to add my name earlier on.

Blade28 - currently a third-year med student. PM or email your PS to me, I'll try my best to reply within 3-4 days with comments.

Blade28 - currently a third-year med student. PM or email your PS to me, I'll try my best to reply within 3-4 days with comments. [/B]
Disenchanted 1 - Accepted '04 applicant. Bio major. PM me and I will try and get back with you as soon as possible. If I dont have any tests or anything else, I will get it back to you within 2-3 days

Blade28 - currently a third-year med student. PM or email your PS to me, I'll try my best to reply within 3-4 days with comments.
Disenchanted 1 - Accepted '04 applicant. Bio major. PM me and I will try and get back with you as soon as possible. If I dont have any tests or anything else, I will get it back to you within 2-3 days
LaurieB - Accepted '04 non-trad applicant. (My Profile) PM me and I will get back to you with comments about content. (Don't trust me with spelling and grammar.)

I will totally help. Writing is not my forte though. PM it to me.

LaurieB - Accepted '04 non-trad applicant. (My Profile) PM me and I will get back to you with comments about content. (Don't trust me with spelling and grammar.)
Please! - Accepted '04. PM me and I'll get back to you. I didn't have the best GPA/MCAT but my interviewers told me they liked my PS...I think that having everyone and their Mama read my statement helped me out a lot.

DoctorCynical: Dr. C to the rescue.
Please! - Accepted '04. PM me and I'll get back to you. I didn't have the best GPA/MCAT but my interviewers told me they liked my PS...I think that having everyone and their Mama read my statement helped me out a lot.

Supadupafly - Non Trad, URM. Accepted at several schools. PM me.

Anka -- Accepted '04. Lit major. Another life experience type. PM me.

CrazyCarl - accepted '04. Also previously successful with research/internship/fellowship applications. Maybe one week to reply. PM me and include an email address if you don't mind.

CrazyCarl - accepted '04. Also previously successful with research/internship/fellowship applications. Maybe one week to reply. PM me and include an email address if you don't mind.
Chankovsky- I read a lot. Count me in as well.
trojan2004- PM me. I will be glad to help out.

Originally posted by doctorcynical
I will totally help. Writing is not my forte though. PM it to me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anka Accepted '04. Lit major. Another life experience type. PM me.
trojan2004 PM me. I will be glad to help out.
soonerpillow Accepted '04. I critiqued PS's last year, too, so my red pen is ready to go. Oh, and I have no life experience: I was a D.A.D.S. applicant. PM it.

soonerpillow Accepted '04. I critiqued PS's last year, too, so my red pen is ready to go. Oh, and I have no life experience: I was a D.A.D.S. applicant. PM it.
Xega Accepted '04. Also have written a few successful research grants. PM me and include an email address and I will get it back to you within a couple of days.

I am not adding my name b/c I can not write to save my life.....I'm sorry:( But I thought this was important enough to get bumped since I had to go digging for it!!!

:laugh:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

ankitovich For Evil reviews.
Xega Accepted '04. Also have written a few successful research grants. PM me and include an email address and I will get it back to you within a couple of days.

finnpipette PM me. I'm not a Harvard educated writer, but I can hold my own. I'll take about a week too.

wow, i messed that up...let me try again

Finnpipette - accepted '04. bio major, art history minor. i'm very fuzzy, so if you have one of those heart-felt PS's, sent it my way.

wow, i'm really having trouble with the formatting. what a dork i am. sorry for wasting virtual space...maybe you shouldn't send it my way. :D

Finnpipette refer to above postings.