Dental Decks 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluefairy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!everyone, If anyone has got new decks-2004 edition for part 1 ,pls write your comments(as compared to 2001 edition). Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

why not order dentaldecks-2004, then check them out for the difference between it & 2001decks and return it to them(that's what their return policy indicates to return it if we r not "satisfied"):D

Ask this in the Dental Forum. Maybe they know. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!! Meggs and Dentaldoc ,thanks for the reply ,will check at the dental forum

I know this for sure. You can't return them once you open the plastic wrapping

Originally posted by som
I know this for sure. You can't return them once you open the plastic wrapping

really?:(

Hi,
Did you find any difference between 2001 and 2004 decks?

Good job Toothzone!!:clap: :clap:

If only all of us were as resourceful as you!:)

Mrinalini

Good job Toothzone!!:clap: :clap:

If only all of us were as resourceful as you!:)

Mrinalini

Originally posted by Toothzone
I have spoken to all of the educators and asked them about the change in the pattern of questions and their response is that the students still need to know the same information as in past years.

This is the key line in this letter: "....still need to know the same information as in past years...".

Thanks for finding out the info for us Toothzone. Remember to send a copy of this post when we start the nominations for the most resourceful International dentists @SDN. :hardy:

Thanks toothzone for the information:clap:

Now atleast we need not worry about the exam patten being changed.:)

Originally posted by dentaldoc
Now atleast we need not worry about the exam patten being changed.:)

The exam pattern IS beign changed, just not yet. Last summer there was whole thread dedicated to it.

Thanks a lot ..for all the nice words you guys...:p

I wish I also get some help with regards to DA..on the occlusion part.. ..on "cuspal positions" during working and non -working movements ..many questions on that ...

and as regards to " changing in pattern" of NDB ..that is for sure going to happen ..there was an article on ASDA newsletter regarding that ..so meggs is very much right..and so many changes have already taken place..the papers absolutely don't resemble previous papers at all ..I mean there were so many questions last time in the 2003 paper..that I had never even seen or read anywhere!!!!..so changes are already underway...

Hope students are more interactive and exchange their ideas and study tips at SDN as much as they "take "from it ..
Thanks
Toothzone

Originally posted by ajmacgregor
This should resolve the issue:

I spoke with Gene Kramer, Ph.D, manager of testing services for the ADA - he said that they are indeed planning on implementing a pilot program for the NBDE, changing the format to a USMLE-type exam, but he said that the EARLIEST such a test would be administered was summer 2005.

Cheers.

Thank God! Good to know that I am not gonna be a guinea pig since I am gonna take the exam in 2004 july.:)

Thanks to meggs:)

i wanted to know how many extra cards are there in the 2004 edition and in which subject/category are the extra cards????
anyone with 2004 decks set please reply after comparison with the above mentioned figures.

thanx

lasjy

My 2004 Decks don't appear to have any more cards than my 2001 Decks.

The biggest change is they print them on what looks like recycled cardstock, and the cards are now a different color for each subject. Very soothing...light blue, light green, yellow, and gray.

It seems to me that an excellent product has gotten even better!

I don't think anybody would be at a disadvantage if they use the 2001 Decks, however.

ItsGavinC said:
My 2004 Decks don't appear to have any more cards than my 2001 Decks.

The biggest change is they print them on what looks like recycled cardstock, and the cards are now a different color for each subject. Very soothing...light blue, light green, yellow, and gray.

It seems to me that an excellent product has gotten even better!

I don't think anybody would be at a disadvantage if they use the 2001 Decks, however.

1092 cards in 2001 dental decks

Anat - 332
mic/pa- 288
phy/bio-272
dadh - 200
-----
-----

Can u tell me whether u have the matching numbers in 2004 decks too?
If not how many more cards?
Thanks in advance!

i shall list the errors i have find so far in the 2004 decks.

1) in the mic/path section a question on pseudomonas is listed on the viruses section and not bacteria. :eek: this is correctly placed in 2001 decks

2) there is a question in anatomy asking about the blood or nerve supply of the nasal cavity under the section rsp sys. the answer is nasal septum :confused: which is not one of the 4 choices on the front of the card and is completely irrelavant with regard to the question.

i shall list more errors when i find them and shall report it to deckscorp also.

lasjy