Any Columbia U. Premeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gimpMD

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you gotten a premed committee letter from columbia u? who writes it? i didnt realize that i had to interview with the advisor babe. is she cool? what are your thoughts on the premed office in general?

Members don't see this ad.

gimpMD said:
Have any of you gotten a premed committee letter from columbia u? who writes it? i didnt realize that i had to interview with the advisor babe. is she cool? what are your thoughts on the premed office in general?

Your letter is written by your advisor, either from the class center of Dean Rigney herself in the pre-prof office. As for "is your advisor" cool, I think that highly depends on who your advisor is. Some are great, some are more postive about your app and some are less so. In general, I had a great experience with my dean. She was very helpful throughout the process and I have no complaints. If you want more specifics, PM me.

facted said:
Your letter is written by your advisor, either from the class center of Dean Rigney herself in the pre-prof office. As for "is your advisor" cool, I think that highly depends on who your advisor is. Some are great, some are more postive about your app and some are less so. In general, I had a great experience with my dean. She was very helpful throughout the process and I have no complaints. If you want more specifics, PM me.

oh i thought there was just one premed advisor, the chick in the pre professional office. i wouldnt know, i've met my advisor once.

gimpMD said:
oh i thought there was just one premed advisor, the chick in the pre professional office. i wouldnt know, i've met my advisor once.

There are a few advisors. Dean Rigney is the head of the pre-prof office and is the "chief dean" I would say. Many students, though, have deans from the junior and senior classs centers as their main advisor.