Post UCI Alternate List Movement here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, it's not named the "Official UCI Alternate List" thread ( :laugh: ), but we'd appreciate any updates. I'll be calling Gayle on Monday, so I'll let you all know what I find out!

Please include interview date and any status page changes that may occur.
ALSO, please let us know if you're planning on keeping the spot ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Bump! - just getting ready since movement can happen any time now...

Spitting Camel said:
Bump! - just getting ready since movement can happen any time now...

umm, I think you have about a month and ten days wait from my recollection of previous years. Hate to minorly piss on the parade.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jalby said:
umm, I think you have about a month and ten days wait from my recollection of previous years. Hate to minorly piss on the parade.

Tee hee... that's not what iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii heard! ;) I wouldn't be shocked if someone heard some news veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrry soon... ;)

Your piss missed, buddy :laugh:

Spitting Camel said:
Tee hee... that's not what iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii heard! ;) I wouldn't be shocked if someone heard some news veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrry soon... ;)

How weird... I typed a response but it didn't register it...

Spitting Camel said:

Oh, you can't just go and say "that's what I heard" without telling us what it was you heard!

Yeah I'm curious. On a side note, I'm withdrawing after going to the UCSD second look (and the beach today!). I might just wait for my aid package in case there is like a mega-difference in aid or like a scholarship or something (fat chance).

I'm sure lots of you guys are going to get in, I would just enjoy yourselves.

mikeyboy said:
Oh, you can't just go and say "that's what I heard" without telling us what it was you heard!

I'll post what I heard AFTER I get unequivocal confirmation tomorrow... I don't want to post misleading, erroneus information by accident.

thanks. ide love to know. i interviewed in october and am on the alternate list.

I hope this is good news for you UCI waitlisted. My friend just got into UCSF so she'll be withdrawing from UCI any day now. Maybe one of you will get good news from this?!

Spitting Camel said:

Sometimes it shoots to the left. It gets annoying.

me: when are you accepting off the alternate list?
gayle: "we sent some invitations last week. we wont do that again until after may 15th."

arggghhhhhhhhh. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
docmemi said:
gayle: "we sent some invitations last week. we wont do that again until after may 15th."

arggghhhhhhhhh. +pissed+

And Jalby regains his aim.

Now in a side note, are you considering dumping UCLA for UCI????

Jalby said:
And Jalby regains his aim.

Now in a side note, are you considering dumping UCLA for UCI????

Yeah, um why do you care docmemi? Just pull the UCI app now and save people from going crazy!

i am not sure. i would like to keep my options open. will me staying on the list really make a diff...lets say i do get off and then say no, they will just go the next person, right?? me choosing usc over ucla is a more real possibility. well i guess im kinda not making sense cause i wont hear till after may. but i only got 1 acceptance, what if something happens??? my final answer: im paranoid, thats why i care.

eraser, did you pull your uci app already?

docmemi said:
i am not sure. i would like to keep my options open. will me staying on the list really make a diff...lets say i do get off and then say no, they will just go the next person, right?? me choosing usc over ucla is a more real possibility. well i guess im kinda not making sense cause i wont hear till after may. but i only got 1 acceptance, what if something happens??? my final answer: im paranoid, thats why i care.

eraser, did you pull your uci app already?

Nope I haven't, and I'm paranoid too I guess, and waiting for FA packages...

UCSD's was amazing though (got it over the phone) so I'm really thinking of withdrawing this week. I can't afford to go to second look anyway. Nothing about UCSD gave me a bad feeling except perhaps the intensity of the first year, but that's why I'm going to do the summer program.

Docmemi has a point. What would he do if a giant asteriod hit UCLA and destroyed the medical school?????? ;)

I called Gayle today also... and it sounds like after May 15 is when they'll be doing more reviews. I'm thinking at this point PRIME-LC won't be happening for me most likely.... I guess there is still a small chance if someone turns them down right around May 15. I understand the only 1 acceptance paranoia... I'm right there with you on that.

*sigh* Too lazy to hit subscribe.

edit: LOL! Someone gave me grey Karma without a note for this post!
What's the point!?! I don't know if it was good or bad and I don't even know why they did it! Hahahaha... :laugh:

Jalby said:
Docmemi has a point. What would he do if a giant asteriod hit UCLA and destroyed the medical school?????? ;)

:oops: :laugh: no really, what if some evil liar called them and said hey docmemi is a bad person i dont think you want him and makes up all this bs about me. then what would i do?!! :scared:

well i called today. i asked them a q and the lady said that everyone currently on the alternate list post-intereview will automatically be put on the waitlist. alternate list=waitinglist in case any of you were wondering or worried.

Oh great... More good news... *Sigh* :(
Call back and ask how many people were placed on the alternate list and how many people were rejected post-inteview.... pretty please... :D

I mean, there were at least 38 people (~1/10 of the interviewees) who posted on SDN that they were interviewed, and no one mentioned post-interviews rejections.

i dont think anyone is rejected post-interview. ill try calling tomorrow, they are closed now.

docmemi said:
:oops: :laugh: no really, what if some evil liar called them and said hey docmemi is a bad person i dont think you want him and makes up all this bs about me. then what would i do?!! :scared:

I believe you are joking and I've made similar jokes on posts- however, I have irrational fears of the same thing happening. Its been since December since I got an acceptance and occasionally I have bad dreams about them taking it away. Has this ever happened before?

i had a dream that i fell asleep driving and they thought i was drunk and i got in big big trouble and i got kicked out. well the dream was something like that. but yeah, it is scary. :scared:

docmemi said:
i had a dream that i fell asleep driving and they thought i was drunk and i got in big big trouble and i got kicked out. well the dream was something like that. but yeah, it is scary. :scared:

Yeah, I just feel like I've had all this control over things and now I have to choose one and the control goes to the admin. of that particular school and if for some reason they decide they hate me I'm screwed, is that unreasonable?

I have a similar dream except that mine goes something along the lines of them realizing they like me, but not until early August and I get this call on my cell while I'm sitting in on the first day of classes at the school that accepted me and I say "Hello?" and they say "Congratulations, we love you!" and I look around and think "WTF...". :scared:

Mr Reddly said:
I have a similar dream except that mine goes something along the lines of them realizing they like me, but not until early August and I get this call on my cell while I'm sitting in on the first day of classes at the school that accepted me and I say "Hello?" and they say "Congratulations, we love you!" and I look around and think "WTF...". :scared:

Haha yeah and i'll be sitting next to you giving you CPR!

Mr Reddly said:

Haha, that would be the WORST THING EVER!! :laugh: Everyone loves you, man. They're just taking a long time to realize it!

exmike said:
Haha yeah and i'll be sitting next to you giving you CPR!
LOL! See, that's why these dreams SUCK sooooo badly. I know it's a great school and some of the peeps that will be there are cool... It's like the girl who has two guys on her mind. The first is a nice guy who totaly loves her, and the other guy is the Jerk who completely ignores her.... But she can't stop thinking about the jerk. :(

Mr Reddly said:
I know it's a great school and some of the peeps that will be there are cool...

Wait just one minute! Where are you going as of now, Mr Red?

The Jerk. If I can just convince him to like me. "Ahh... Amore"

I heard from someone who talked to Gayle this past Saturday that there's gonna be movement on the waitlist pretty soon....... :D

angstrom55 said:
I heard from someone who talked to Gayle this past Saturday that there's gonna be movement on the waitlist pretty soon....... :D

thanks again! Every time I hear it, it's like sweet music to my ears. So, I take it you have a vested interest in going to UCI too? Can I have your address? I promise I won't stalk you :) :laugh: :smuggrin:

angstrom55 said:
It's May. School starts soon. Therefore, I hope so.
(sorry, was waitlistsed back in Oct/Nov so 'soon' is now a relative term to me :( )
Soon could mean June/July/Aug.... June is comming pretty soon to me.

I'm in the process of scheduling flights out to Ohio to look for housing so......soon probably won't be til after I get back and then some. Oh well.

Mr Reddly said:
It's May. School starts soon. Therefore, I hope so.
(sorry, was waitlistsed back in Oct/Nov so 'soon' is now a relative term to me :( )
Soon could mean June/July/Aug.... June is comming pretty soon to me.

I'm in the process of scheduling flights out to Ohio to look for housing so......soon probably won't be til after I get back and then some. Oh well.

BU's having a housing fair in July... is that too late to wait? School does start in September!

Lucky! Although Case hasn't sent us ANYTHING, people are speculating that it starts August 7th. :( We get to find our own housing.
The nice thing is that it's cheap! (relativly speaking) 3 bedroom house for <$1000!!!
I'm seriously thinking about getting one all to my lonesome. :D

Posting some alternate list movement... :)

I got a phone call tonight telling me that I had been accepted to UCI. It came during the middle of dinner, and I was so happy! :) But I think this means I only have the next few days to decide between UCI and UC Davis, and as of yet, I have no clue which one I'll pick.

Congrats twizzlers! Glad to hear someone heard good news from them. And good luck making your decision... that's a tough one, especially if you are a Lakers fan contemplating a trip to Kings territory.... ;)

twizzlers said:

I got a phone call tonight telling me that I had been accepted to UCI. It came during the middle of dinner, and I was so happy! :) But I think this means I only have the next few days to decide between UCI and UC Davis, and as of yet, I have no clue which one I'll pick.

OMG, congrats! I'm so excited for you!!! Let us know which school you decide on, k?
:clap:

Eraserhead said:
Cows. Beach. Cows. Beach. Cows. Beach. :confused:

BEACH! :D

Be careful about the cow comments... some people are deathly loyal to Davis country...

Maybe his/her family is up there...

Spitting Camel said:
Be careful about the cow comments... some people are deathly loyal to Davis country...

Moooooo!

Relax people!

Reeelax!!!

twizzlers said:

omg...congrats!!!!!!!!

Spitting Camel said:

I'm a she. :D And no worries - I'm from southern California. Besides, at second-look for Davis, the students did tell us that you could sometimes smell the cows in the morning. :laugh:

I do love both schools equally though, so I wish I had the financial aid info for them. That might've made the deciding a lot easier.

LoneCoyote said:
that's a tough one, especially if you are a Lakers fan contemplating a trip to Kings territory....

:laugh: Yeah, and if the Kings end up winning the championship this year, it'd be especially painful going to Davis. ;)

twizzlers said:
I do love both schools equally though, so I wish I had the financial aid info for them. That might've made the deciding a lot easier.

Is USC taking forever with the Fin Aid packages? I don't understand why a school would take a long time... either they think they are so good people will pay anything to go there or they suck at fin aid and want people to choose them without knowing that they will get nothing! A 6K grant, though... that is impressive seeing as how UCI is only going to be 22K.