Whats up with LECOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaveyDoo

DaveyDoo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, heres the story. i had a friend who applied to LECOM in early september...he heard from them in early jan...and had an over the phone interview a few days later...interviewer was very nice he said...he got an e-mail from "Ms. Love" in december telling him he needed three classes, which he planned on taking the following spring. Then, he got another e-mail in feb. saying that he needed an additional class...well, the thing with LECOM is u need all prereqs done by the spring, so he was out of luck...to top all this off...he would e-mail Ms. love two or three times before she ever wrote him back...would say ur app is in a 3 wk process...that was some 7 wks ago...still hasn't heard anything...it gets better...so a few days ago...he got a call...saying that he needed to be interviewed....well he told the person, he'd already been interviewed...and the person said "i thought ur name looked familiar" hmmmmm then they proceed to tell him the class is almost full!!! So the question...what is wrong with this school??? How unprofessional??? Was he ever looked at during the app process or did they think he hadn't ever had an interview??? People spend a lot of money and time to apply to "PROFESSIONAL" schools, but unfortunately some schools like LECOM are anything but professional...i just wanted to put this out here...so people know whats up with this school...With the stories I hear and the disappointment of my friend I highly recommend future students to NOT apply to this school!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you really expect anything less of them after what has been said on this forum??? lol I feel bad for your friend though. Did he/she apply anywhere else?

Ditto, do not apply to LECOM. Do not listen to their "status updates". Do not pay them. Do not feed them after midnight. Do not get them wet. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend was not aware of how unorganized LECOM really is, i guess...she was interested cuz it was an accelerateed program...find it hard to believe they're accelerated when they can't even get interviews under control...oh well...i just wanted future applicants to know about this school...and what it has to offer, or not? :confused:

Well, JD, LVPharm and I both go to fantastic accelerated programs. If you got any questions, id be happy to answer for you and im sure JD would be to.

swaffar.gif

This is Dean Swaffar. She is the head of this business and has had years of chemotherapy research. This person could not talk in front of crowd if her life depended on it. Must of dropped the remote control at least 4 times when I was there. Pretty much the figure head of the joint

tuttle.gif

This is Assistant Dean Tuttle. He is easily the best public speaker the university has. He is also part of the office of dis-information. Likes to tell students they are looking at them, and slams the door at the last moment. Kind of hard to believe he is the assistant dean since his credentials is just a hospital pharmacist (clinical maybe) with no education experiance.

tran.gif

This is Dr Tran. He is head of the department of pharmacy practice. He is a very personable guy and I liked him. Problem was you can only understand about 3 words he says. For some reason, he loves to talk about Philadelphia college of pharmacy and about how they are the best, not to say they are not.

newbldg.gif

Finally, this is their "State of the Art" building. I have do doubt that it is. I was impressed when I saw it. My opinion is that it's a first rate building with a second rate faculty.

Sorry if I offended anyone in anyway!

Where's Cassie. . . . . . . . Love?

South: Ouch! Great post! We used to have a LECOM student post in this forum last year...haven't heard from him/her since. Hmmm.

Actually, my friend asked about "Kassie Love" and why she never returned any e-mails. The professor said that "Kassie Love no longer works here...but they do plan on responding to her e-mails" hmmmm....thats interesting (wonder when that will happen???) :idea:

This happened to me when I first applied. Frank Hanzel was the admissions guy and left midway thru as well. They will probably get back to you on October 1st, right before class starts!

Oh, I forgot, here is a typical Erie winter day! Cheers!

2001-03-26-eriesnowa.jpg

I just noticed that LECOM is buliding a Florida campus. Does anyone know if they're going to try a pharmacy school there too?

Members don't see this ad :)
jdpharmd? said:
I just noticed that LECOM is buliding a Florida campus. Does anyone know if they're going to try a pharmacy school there too?

I hope not. We already have 4 pharmacy schools and I don't think that we need anymore. We also have 3 allopathic med schools and one osteopathic med school. Maybe they feel that the one D.O. school (Nova) is not enough.

Looks really bad I know but I have a different story so far, hopefuly it's not going to change into a nightmare.
I applied early and I got in. I was told I need 4 more classes. However I was sent an acceptance letter and I was asked to pay $200 to secure the seat.
Moserd, did your friend get an acceptance letter after the interview? Early acceptances letters were due in October. That's when I got mine.
They were supposed to send housing and fin aid info in March but they didn't and I called to see what's happening.

Kassie doesn't work there anymore... huh.. It's that a blessing or a curse? They said they are going to send them out shortly.. will have to see..

Sorry for all of you that had a bad experiences with them...
I am questioning if I picked the right school now but I stil have to go there. I cannot relocate and this is the only school I applied to.

good luck to you all

jdpharmd? said:
Just for DO students only. Tantica, all I can say is good luck and put your name on the thread for the class of 2008. Congrats! :)

I wish u the best of luck too at LECOM!!! My friend had the interview in Jan...then e-mailed the dean in late march about her status...they said her status was being re-reviewed and she will know in 3 wks...she got a call a wk ago saying that she needed to be interviewed (they thought for the first time...apparently they lost the original interview evaluation). She then proceeds to tell them she was already interviewed and they said ok..she asked "how many people have been accepted up to date "........"i'm pretty sure we're almost full".....WOW, I'm sure thats what she wanted to hear...so this whole time was my friend ever in the evaluation process...doesn't sound like it...Sounds like somethings not right at LECOM!!! She hasn't heard anything since...BULL****

jdpharmd? said:

I've emailed the general email address on the FL campus' website to ask this, and I received 3 replies from 3 different people (I guess they don't have a system to see whether someone has already answered my question :X ). Anyway, the answer I received from all 3 people was that no, there aren't any plans right now to include a pharmacy satellite in FL. The school they are building is only for osteopathic medicine.

....lecom is severely understaffed in the admissions department so they are extremely behind on everything... that and the dean who has to sign everything is always out of town... they should really invest in a signature stamp for her.... and dont bother emailing.. you'll never get a response... call them up and be adament about your situation... best of luck to you...

I was talking with my friend that pretty much got screwed at LECOM....she told me that when she had another interview, they asked about what other 3 yr schools she applied to...she told them about LECOM...the interviewer/prof proceeded to say that LECOM stole their curiculum....she told me she didn't believe it at the time....but maybe it is true????? :eek: :idea:

My friend got put on the waitlist at LECOM...hmmmmm it only took them 3.5 mths to relocate her application, then a week and a half to give her a decision...funny how that works!!! Good work LECOM :thumbdown:
Sorry for the hostility towards this program...but it angers me to know people spend money and time on things...and can't even be given a fair chance.
:cool:

DaveyDoo said:
I was talking with my friend that pretty much got screwed at LECOM....she told me that when she had another interview, they asked about what other 3 yr schools she applied to...she told them about LECOM...the interviewer/prof proceeded to say that LECOM stole their curiculum....she told me she didn't believe it at the time....but maybe it is true????? :eek: :idea:

What school was that?

my friend got accepted into LECOM within 2 months of applying, and he is chinese with 3.3 GPA and 3.5 MATH and 3.2 Science course..

People spend a lot of money and time to apply to "PROFESSIONAL" schools, but unfortunately some schools like LECOM are anything but professional...i just wanted to put this out here...so people know whats up with this school...With the stories I hear and the disappointment of my friend I highly recommend future students to NOT apply to this school!!!

I am applying there.