Pneumonic Website??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouseboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I remember one someone listing a website that has med school pneumonics on it. Does anyone happen to know what the site address is?

Thanks so much in advance

Members don't see this ad.

mouseboy said:
Hi

I remember one someone listing a website that has med school pneumonics on it. Does anyone happen to know what the site address is?

ummm...well first, they are mnemonics. "pneu-" has to do with air, "mne-" is memory as in Mnemosune the goddess of memory and mother of the Muses. :idea:

all my Classics-babble aside...here's the link...www.medicalmnemonics.com :D

subtle1epiphany said:
ummm...well first, they are mnemonics. "pneu-" has to do with air, "mne-" is memory as in Mnemosune the goddess of memory and mother of the Muses. :idea:

oh man i was about to post almost that exact same responce :laugh:

Then I thought...."no, I'd have to be a dick to do that right?......on the other hand its WAY too good to pass up....argh!!!"

Then I see that you posted it for me...well done, and thanks! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
subtle1epiphany said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that particular spelling error. But I think the goddess's name is spelled "Mnemosyne." At least, that's how I've seen it written. (I was obsessed with Greek mythology back in elementary school, and apparently those neurons haven't been sacrificed to Robbins Path, 7/ed yet. It also annoys me that we have streets here named after the muses, and EVERYONE mispronounces the names. :mad: )

velocypedalist said:
oh man i was about to post almost that exact same responce :laugh:

Then I thought...."no, I'd have to be a dick to do that right?......on the other hand its WAY too good to pass up....argh!!!"

Then I see that you posted it for me...well done, and thanks! :thumbup:

responSe
kekekegay.gif

lane said:

really? damn that one always gets me. I actually wrote respose first and then changed it cause it looked wrong to me :laugh:

I thought someone wanted a lung website. Samoa's right ;) mnemosyne. Hence mnemonics. You have muse street names? COOL! I like calliope. Do you have terpsichore?! That would be so cool! Me: "I live on Terpsichore Lane." Mailman: WTF?

Yeah, we have Calliope, Terpsichore, and all the rest as well. Oh, and apparently we can neither pronounce NOR spell them correctly here, because one street is "Polymnia" rather than Polyhymnia. Every time I drive past that neighborhood, I think it's a shame that such a run-down area has such cool street names.

Samoa said:
Yeah, we have Calliope, Terpsichore, and all the rest as well. Oh, and apparently we can neither pronounce NOR spell them correctly here, because one street is "Polymnia" rather than Polyhymnia. Every time I drive past that neighborhood, I think it's a shame that such a run-down area has such cool street names.

Yes, we also get robbed in that neighborhood. I stay about 10 blocks off Polymnia. :p

chameleonknight said:
My personal favorite is "Tchopitoulas" or whatever.

Chipotle?

Tchoupitoulas, or just Chop for short. Actually, what I meant was it's a shame that an area with such cool street names is so run down...the way I wrote it looks like I meant "what a waste of cool street names" :laugh:

Ancient Greek didn't have the letter "y", so the "y"s we see in Greek words were actually spelled with "u", e.g. polu --> poly; Mnemosune --> Mnemosyne.

I clicked on this thread looking for info on pneumonia! Well, not really.

Samoa said:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that particular spelling error. But I think the goddess's name is spelled "Mnemosyne." At least, that's how I've seen it written. (I was obsessed with Greek mythology back in elementary school, and apparently those neurons haven't been sacrificed to Robbins Path, 7/ed yet. It also annoys me that we have streets here named after the muses, and EVERYONE mispronounces the names. :mad: )

Barry Otter said:
Ancient Greek didn't have the letter "y", so the "y"s we see in Greek words were actually spelled with "u", e.g. polu --> poly; Mnemosune --> Mnemosyne.

Exactly! I was just going to post this as well.
Thanks for the support!

subtle1epiphany said:

hey, the link works. but i can't download it. does anyone know another site for it?

mouseboy said:
Hi

Dont you mean pneumatic??

type 2 pneumocytes? they produce surfactant to reduce surface tension.

But seriously folks, we need to get the pneumonic website some antibiotics or something here pretty soon...