Ohhhh it is so draining

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr PluM

where's the love
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so blue, tired, exhuasted.. I am working on my persnl statement, studying for mcat, and working......Ohhhh, it is so draining....dam draining...

what do people do when they feel so drained, oh, i am so blueee..

Members don't see this ad.

Mr PluM said:
I am so blue, tired, exhuasted.. I am working on my persnl statement, studying for mcat, and working......Ohhhh, it is so draining....dam draining...

what do people do when they feel so drained, oh, i am so blueee..

Hey--sorry to hear you're feeling so overwhelmed. I ws definitely in your position a few months ago and I'm drained from waiting for schools! But I have to encourage you that things definitely do get better and all that studying and writing will definitely help! I know that the personal statement is essential when it comes to interviews and they like to talk about it. Also, the MCAT and GPA can be a determiner of whether or not you get an interview...so not to put stress on you or anything, but don't let your spirit go! Keep up the work and just keep in mind what you are working for...can you imagine how wonderful it will feel when you get your MCAT scores a few months and you realize that you did awesome? Also...just make sure your personal statement is unique and really reflects how you think and what makes you different. The best thing is to stay encouraged! Take your brain off of the stress and if you can, give yourself a day for yourself to do what you enjoy...reading, hiking, TV, whatever you actually like to do. It's important to just REGENERATE your brain to continue your pursuit of medicine. BEST of luck!

KiwiFruit said:
Hey--sorry to hear you're feeling so overwhelmed. I ws definitely in your position a few months ago and I'm drained from waiting for schools! But I have to encourage you that things definitely do get better and all that studying and writing will definitely help! I know that the personal statement is essential when it comes to interviews and they like to talk about it. Also, the MCAT and GPA can be a determiner of whether or not you get an interview...so not to put stress on you or anything, but don't let your spirit go! Keep up the work and just keep in mind what you are working for...can you imagine how wonderful it will feel when you get your MCAT scores a few months and you realize that you did awesome? Also...just make sure your personal statement is unique and really reflects how you think and what makes you different. The best thing is to stay encouraged! Take your brain off of the stress and if you can, give yourself a day for yourself to do what you enjoy...reading, hiking, TV, whatever you actually like to do. It's important to just REGENERATE your brain to continue your pursuit of medicine. BEST of luck!

thanssx your so nice to me, i need it. i will keep mcat in mind, oh no.

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel your stress. only i haven't even started thinking about my personal statement, against the advice of my advisor who told me i should at least outline it during the break. But i just can't figure out how to put in study abroad, figure skating, volunteer, tutoring, and everything else in there. Although when i talked to my advisor, she gave me some suggestions on what should go in there, but i don't see how it would all relate to each other.

grrr....now i'm stressed all over again. oh well, i have an hour and a half train ride to my skating lesson tomorrow, i'll get some MCAT studying then.

don't forget to have some fun too! :hardy:

re: personal statement - share the workload! finish a good first draft and have people you trust to be honest give you feedback. it will help the statement "write itself"... make sense?

re: MCAT - get a study group. actually made my MCAT studying semi-fun. crazy, huh?