What the hell!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Girlfriend who I have been seeing off and on for like a year who I was planning on getting engaged to (of course idiotic idea) sends me an email today that is going out on a date with a guy from out of town. She is hot, about 10 years younger (yeah I know, spare me) but is supposedly totally into me.

So she sends a very matter of fact email to this affect: Im going out this weekend with a friend from out town, hes a totally cool, you would love him. We are going to dinner and theatre. -Love me...

Okay, what the hell, the last time I checked when youre S.O. plans to have an affair they dont EMAIL it to you. Has the world gone totally mad?!

I call shenanigans on this. I had simply asked what her plans were but didnt intend for her to be this brutally honest. To make matters worse she actually emailed me that she met this other "cool" guy in her college class that is some exec and makes $$$ and she was real lucky that they working together on a "project".....

Members don't see this ad.

Don't act jealous...that's what she wants...Don't do anything rash...propose/have an affair

Reassess her role in your life...could you live without her...could you get someone better (as long as you are more attractive than the cornell pathologists you're okay)

Then, ignore her, don't answer her calls/emails and when you do talk to her act 'busy' like 'sorry, gotta go, round of golf coming up'

Chicks want to be treated badly..you probably treated her good...plus she's hot, so she thinks the ball is in her court...mention she's looking chunky

Who says this is a date??? Apparently your sorry insecure ass. :D

From everything you've written, it sounds like they are friends. You know, buds, chums, pals, amigos, comrades. Unless there are other things going on that you didn't mention.

(And BTW, I'm surprised...the proud LaDoc00 thinking of giving up his freewheeling bachelor days?! Are you sure she will cook and clean to your satisfaction? :D :rolleyes: )

LADoc00 said:
Girlfriend who I have been seeing off and on for like a year who I was planning on getting engaged to (of course idiotic idea) sends me an email today that is going out on a date with a guy from out of town. She is hot, about 10 years younger (yeah I know, spare me) but is supposedly totally into me.

So she sends a very matter of fact email to this affect: Im going out this weekend with a friend from out town, hes a totally cool, you would love him. We are going to dinner and theatre. -Love me...

Okay, what the hell, the last time I checked when youre S.O. plans to have an affair they dont EMAIL it to you. Has the world gone totally mad?!

I call shenanigans on this. I had simply asked what her plans were but didnt intend for her to be this brutally honest. To make matters worse she actually emailed me that she met this other "cool" guy in her college class that is some exec and makes $$$ and she was real lucky that they working together on a "project".....

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh, yeah, you're way over-reacting. I talk about guys all the time, and I have lots of male friends, but it's absolutely no big deal with my husband, because he trusts me. I would not have interpreted those comments from her as anything other than innocent. But then only you know this girl; we don't. You should probably ask her yourself their significance.

Where to start~

Alternatives to your dilemma: (most on this site could benefit from the following)

Consider prostitutes from:
1 Amsterdam :thumbup:
2 Las Vegas (overpriced)
3 Bankok (very educational)
4 Vietnam (be careful)
5 Cuba (affordable)
6 Santa Domingo :thumbup::thumbup:

Nasty personal habits:
1 Etoh: Old Granddad 114, Jim & Jack (together... with theraflu)
2 Chronic masturbation: Try sleeping on one arm, so that it feels like someone else is doing it~ You will know you are performing satisfactorily when you can switch hands and gain 2 strokes

If decadence isn't your thing, try companions that have no escape:
1 Goldfish
2 Birds
3 Hamster :love:
4 Ant Farm
5 Worm Bed

If the above options do not quench your desires, how about mold cultures.
Good luck and Best wishes!

Haha, ohh man thats messed up. Your girlfriend either has limited social tact or is trying to rev you up. It sounds like a date to me although in her defense she may not be aware that it is.

Good stuff.

uhduh said:
3 Hamster :love: !

You MUST be a friend of Richard "what's-his-face" !!!!! :laugh:

Dooood, I gotta say I'm surprised at your choice of venues to air your grief.

Seriously, you're overreacting.
She either (1) doesn't realize it's a date, or (2) wants you jealous.

You two will get over this, get married on the beach, pop out many baby LADoc00s to continue the family tradition of terrorizing Cornell pathologists and live happily ever after.
And if you don't it's all your fault - you were the one who was planning on getting engaged after seeing her "off and on" for only a year :p

LADoc00-

Wow! Familiar story from nearly a decade ago. Dated girl for a couple of years, and continued to date long distance when she moved. Then, one day she starts in on this new friend of hers who is just a "terrific" guy and who is teaching her to snowboard. And, the kicker, I needn't worry as this supercool snowboarder guy is a VIRGIN per his report. Mr. Nice guy with no motives. And, he wants to meet me someday because he thinks we could be friends. She bought it all.

Then, the call. She said that they had been out drinking after a snowboarding session and she couldn't drive home so she "camped" out on his couch. I bought that for about 3 seconds, and had a rough go for awhile, but just cut her out cold turkey. No calls, no e-mails, nada. 6 months later, she is leaving messages on my answering machine 3 times/day and sobbing with apologies. By this time, however, I'd realized the error of my ways. Fortunately, she didn't pull this crap when we were married with 3 kids. Dodged a huge bullet on this one. She emailed me 2-3 years back and informed me that she had been married and divorced in the previous year.

Now, incredibly thankful for my good fortune. Lovely wife who is a terrific mother and doesn't camp out on other men's couches (or go to dinner and see a movie with male friends). You are right to see her actions as inappropriate. Ignore her. If she was worth your time, this would never have come up- or you'd be going to dinner with them.

Finally- after following your posts for awhile, I was suprised to see you make yourself out to be vulnerable to the ways of the woman. :confused:

I'd call her up, invite her over, give her the high hard one one last time and move on. Cest La Vie!

any old history of cheating? beware of the buffet style type - those who choose to sample - it's easy to get a new plate.

which reminds me of one of a rule that has served me well (that, of course, i recently broke and have become appropriately miserable as predicted): don't recycle. i guess it works for some people, but it has only led me back into suffocating relationships.

dang. had to get that one off my chest. i'll try to keep the rest of the horrific details to myself. :)

This sounds somewhat suspicious - given the fact that she did email you and not call you to inform you. Are you hard to get ahold of or something? However it could very well be innocent. Given all the female acquaintances I have that are "just friends" I am not sure I would be too worried. Then again I am naive.

"High end bikes." :laugh: There's a market for this stuff? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
sounds suspicious, but then again if he's really into the "theatre", you may have nothing to worry about.

doc05 said:
sounds suspicious, but then again if he's really into the "theatre", you may have nothing to worry about.

:mad: Not all men who like theater are gay!!!

But you may be on to something here...still though, the email doesn't make sense to me. That sounds suspiciously like a male tactic to get away with something.

Situation was resolved. basically this "friend" was in fact her brother's friend from a baseball team and she was tagging along with them, not going alone with this guy. She worded the whole date thing in such a way as to purposely make me jealous tho because I hadnt called her all week and she was acting out. After a long talk, we worked it out.

Just a good reminder not to let path get in the way of spouses/family/friends.

LADoc00 said:
Situation was resolved. basically this "friend" was in fact her brother's friend from a baseball team and she was tagging along with them, not going alone with this guy. She worded the whole date thing in such a way as to purposely make me jealous tho because I hadnt called her all week and she was acting out. After a long talk, we worked it out.

LADoc00, you should take her to boca raton with you... :love:

LADoc prevails!!!
I have a military background, so could be one of your followers.
From Google Images:

Personality: Ladoc is a brash young warrior God, who is something of a braggart. He takes great pride in his battle skills and enjoys a good fight, generally saluting a worthy opponent with a roll of thunder.

He loves to test himself against other warriors and often takes on several at a time to ensure a fair fight.

He is also very self centred. Caring very little one way or the other what happens to mortals by and large.

Description:
Ladoc is large, rugged and handsome, and generally speaking, quite friendly. He has short blonde hair, blue eyes. 6'6", 240 pounds.

Natural Powers:
· Night vision.
· See invisible.
· Turn invisible at will.
· Bio-regeneration.
· Create Lightning
· Create Thunder

Family:
Ladoc is the son of Ranioc and Ysilonna.

Most of his liaisons are brief, and often involve mortal women, as well as the Goddess's

Allies:
Ladoc has several loose alliances with the Gods of Good, Evil and Neutrality.

Enemies:
None

Magical Weapons:

Spear of Lightning - This weapon is magically enhanced to always strike a target when in range and sight. It also returns magically to the caster and delivers an electrical attack similar to the Lightning Bolt spell.

Thunder Shield - This highly polished magical shield protects it's bearer from all types of weather attacks. When hit with the Spear of Lightning, it produces a harmless flash of light and a loud roll of thunder - those within 100 yards must save vs. magic or be stunned.

Clerics of Ladoc

Special Priest Abilities:
· Summon Lighting Storm - This spell allows the caster to summon a storm that brings 1d4 bolts of lightning a round per level of spell caster. These bolts can be directed, but will divert on their own to hit grounded metal in target area.

Personality Type:
· Ladoc's followers tend to be military types, with a high level of commitment and a strong commanding personality.

Attachments

• LADoc.jpg
    LADoc.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 47
I think I could be in this gang...

I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

DrBloodmoney said:
I think I could be in this gang...

I'm pretty good with a bo staff.
I'm good with numchucks naturally by the virtue of my Asian heritage.

Can I join...I trained at Rex Kwan Do and my dance moves are straight D-Qwon

LADoc00 said:

The bigger question here is why would she purposely want to make you jealous? Kinda juvenile.
I always felt that a SO should be a friend first. Would a friend manipulate you like that?
Just a thought.

pathdawg said:
The bigger question here is why would she purposely want to make you jealous? Kinda juvenile.
I always felt that a SO should be a friend first. Would a friend manipulate you like that?
Just a thought.

She is much younger than me, going to college and still lives at home (no making fun). Basically I have social skills dealing with women at the prokaryotic level. Like an amoeba, I bump into them with Brownian motion hoping a baby amoeba will pop out, but that isnt working. Im watching Jane Goodall tapes hoping to learn something about mating from our furry monkey relatives.

Mating isn't the problem. Courtship is - and then you have to care for that sort of stuff.

-- your friendly neighbourhood disinterested observer

deschutes said:
Mating isn't the problem. Courtship is - and then you have to care for that sort of stuff.

-- your friendly neighbourhood disinterested observer

correction: it's "neighborhood"