Hopkins acceptance notification calls go out tomorrow??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mateodaspy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if this is true or not for those who interviewed in December/early January?

Members don't see this ad.

is that true? i thought they were supposed to go out last week...did anyone get a call last week?

I interviewed early December, and haven't heard a word yet. I guess we will find out tomorrow :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in the middle of December and was told the adcom meeting was January 25th and phone calls would start this week. Good luck everyone!

As soon as anyone gets a call (or a snail mail), please post on here for the benefit of all of us nervous nellies... :scared: :eek: :scared: :eek: :scared: :eek:

I JUST HEARD!!!!

Last November when they rejected me...

sorry, I couldn't resist :p :p :p

anyone heard anything yet? I'm beginning to lose hope... :( :( :(

Don't lose hope!

Even if you don't get the call and end up getting waitlisted, be patient! I got waitlisted in early October and got off the waitlist in mid June last year. Hopkins is definitely worth the wait!

I interviewed at JH on Thu 1/6, which is the earliest possible interview date in january, (since they only have interviews thu/fri). They said we would hear in March by phone.

Hope that helps.

UCLAreject said:
I interviewed at JH on Thu 1/6, which is the earliest possible interview date in january, (since they only have interviews thu/fri). They said we would hear in March by phone.

Hope that helps.

Thats what I heard also.

So, I interviewed in early December. Anybody know when those decisions go out?

Haven711 said:
So, I interviewed in early December. Anybody know when those decisions go out?

They should be making calls and mailling off letters this week... but i haven't heard anything yet.... so we'll see.

Mateodaspy said:
They should be making calls and mailling off letters this week... but i haven't heard anything yet.... so we'll see.

I know this thread is for those who already interviewed, but does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? I'm an august mcat. Has anyone who took the august mcat had an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
i took the august mcat and interviewed in january (last week actually). when were you complete?

you folks keep us posted if/when you hear anything! good luck...

man, i'm in the same boat. They lost my files for like two months, so I wasn't "complete" until the last day of december. I don't even know whether I will accept an invite If I were fortunate enough to get one. I've been on way too many interviews and now don't have the $$$$ or the time to go on more. (other than yale, where I can just leave the same day on the train.)

j

sweatybrain said:
man, i'm in the same boat. They lost my files for like two months, so I wasn't "complete" until the last day of december. I don't even know whether I will accept an invite If I were fortunate enough to get one. I've been on way too many interviews and now don't have the $$$$ or the time to go on more. (other than yale, where I can just leave the same day on the train.)

j

yeah, what a bummer. I was complete Nov 24. They must not like me! Oh well, like you I am broke and have no time.

I got my rejection letter tonight, just after coming home from my grueling Univ. of Washington interview. Nice...feeling kind of jaded at the moment (no, no acceptances yet). Poop.

did any januaries (january-interviewies) hear?

UCLAreject said:
did any januaries (january-interviewies) hear?

not me but i figured for me it was still way too early

I think that they said march for the January interviews.

should jan/feb interviewees be hearing finally?

UCLAreject said:
should jan/feb interviewees be hearing finally?
And what does this mean for all who are already waitlisted....will they remain on the waitlist OR will some of the new acceptees be taken from the waitlist? Anyone know how this works with JHU?

I am pretty sure when I inteviewed mid-January that they said decisions would go out about a month and a half later. Anyone heard yet from January?
Good luck to all.

I believe there is an adcom meeting tomorrow where they review all the jan/feb interviewees....not sure if they will call us tomorrow though.

People who interviewed on a Thursday in Jan and early Feb will be discussed on 3/1. So, you should hear something within the next week. Applicants who interviewed on Friday will be discussed in mid-March. Good luck.

Anybody know why they split it up based on the day inteviewed instead of the order by date? Did the same docs always interview Thurs. candidates for example?
Oh well, guess I'll have to be anxious for a couple of more weeks still.

2BMDN05 said:
People who interviewed on a Thursday in Jan and early Feb will be discussed on 3/1. So, you should hear something within the next week. Applicants who interviewed on Friday will be discussed in mid-March. Good luck.

Do they actually start calling people right after they are finished "discussing" today???

Hello everyone....so the meeting was today...what's the Hopkins protocol from here on out????

Hey guys-
So the Thursday committee met last night. The Dean's Office should be calling people soon and should be completed by Friday at the earliest and the following Tuesday at the latest. Good luck to everybody.
-RIP

still no one?

Too bad I was a friday interview.

turkeymou said:

See my "surreal day" post

I got the acceptance call yesterday- I interviewed on a Thursday in late January

Anyone who interviewed on a Friday in January hear yet?

Hey guys-

The Friday committee will meet tonight to review the Friday interviewees from Jan and Feb and acceptance calls will go out the rest of the week and into the early part of the next week....so good luck!

-RIP

RipVanWinkle said:
Hey guys-

The Friday committee will meet tonight to review the Friday interviewees from Jan and Feb and acceptance calls will go out the rest of the week and into the early part of the next week....so good luck!

-RIP
yikes :eek: :scared: how do you know that for sure?

Let's just say I have some inside info... ;)

Last edited:
lol it would make your week????

getting into hopkins would validate the last five years of my life and make the next four

go knock on something else

During my interview (Feb. 18th) they said that the decision day would be in the second week in April. Is that not the case?

RipVanWinkle said:
Hey guys-

-RIP

J.Rom said:
During my interview (Feb. 18th) they said that the decision day would be in the second week in April. Is that not the case?

Your file is probably going to be reviewed during the next round. When I interviewed in January, I was told that accepted students will hear mid-march and everyone will get their letters by the end of march.

frantic983 said:
Your file is probably going to be reviewed during the next round. When I interviewed in January, I was told that accepted students will hear mid-march and everyone will get their letters by the end of march.
it is officially mid march...did anyone hear anything this week?