contact from programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimplera

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if we have enough lists on this board, but how about this one:
Programs which have sent letters, brochures, etc since the interview day.

Fox Chase-- approved for 8 spots total, so will take 2 this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Henry Ford sent a letter to applicants to thank them for interviewing there and re-epmphasizing research opportunities available to them. The new chairman there really seems nice and I've heard nothing but great things about him...

Kaiser did phone and e-mail surveys to get comments about the interview experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stanford sent a cancer center newsletter - from last spring. The attached letter asked that we remember the program and call with any questions.

Michigan sent a campus map, visitor's guide for Ann Arbor and CD of the two powerpoints shown during the interview day.

Isn't it interesting that on most other boards, candidates have already been contacted by PD's telling them that they are "ranked to match" or are "extremely high on their list". Haven't heard anything similar yet for rad-onc. I know this has happened in the past so I'm wondering why programs are more tight-lipped this year... :confused:

UHS05 said:
Isn't it interesting that on most other boards, candidates have already been contacted by PD's telling them that they are "ranked to match" or are "extremely high on their list". Haven't heard anything similar yet for rad-onc. I know this has happened in the past so I'm wondering why programs are more tight-lipped this year... :confused:

same thing over here in the surgery world...

a promise over the phone is worth the paper its written on. A written letter suggesting interest is worth no more. It may make you feel nice but you know what? Dont "play" the match. Rank 'em as you want 'em. Ive seen to many not get ranked well enough at a place that called to express interest. good luck.
S.

I received an e-mail from a program saying I was ranked, nothing more, nothing less. I don't know how much to read into that.

Does being sarcastic make you sleep any better?

jb2 said:
well lets see; did being sarcastic there help you sleep any better?

As an academic attending a med student is small game. If I wanted to sass anyone it would be a peer. Being malignant to juniors makes you a bully, and if you sass your seniors, well, good luck to you. In fact I like most of my peers, are academics because we like students and residents. But if you insist on taking my comment as sarcasm, help yourself.