Any White Male Pre-Meds Out There?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cherebourg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whoooooaaaa. I love you guys. If we don't have it bad trying to get in, I don't who does...

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, a few predictions:

1) Flammers are going to be drawn to this thread
2) It will be closed down

Now that said, I think your thread is pretty lame and there are implicit suggestions buried in the "I love you guys," part of the sentence that are worrisome. I hate to ask what white-cloak-wearing groups you might be affliliated with.

Cherebourg said:
Whoooooaaaa. I love you guys. If we don't have it bad trying to get in, I don't who does...

Would you like to join my group?

To be a memeber you must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a white male
2. Must be a biology major of some sort
3. Both parents must have graduated from college
4. Must have a trust fund
5. Must be a memeber of a country club
6. Must play from the blue tees

frat.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Shades McCool said:

1. Must be a white male

:laugh: :laugh: :confused:

Wait, you're from Alabama. We all know the racist past of that ungodly state(despite the ten commandments debacle outside the courthouse). Now, should I be concerned? Is this what it might appear to be...?

Shades McCool said:

1. Must be a white male

frat.jpg

not again...

GuyLaroche said:
Hmmm, a few predictions:

1) Flammers are going to be drawn to this thread
2) It will be closed down

Now that said, I think your thread is pretty lame and there are implicit suggestions buried in the "I love you guys," part of the sentence that are worrisome. I hate to ask what white-cloak-wearing groups you might be affliliated with.

First of all Mr. Laroche, the thread was started in jest. Jest, surely a concept even you can related to with your witty username?

Second, why should my Thread be shut down if the Black Female Pre-Med Thread be allowed to thrive.

Lastly, now that I think more about it 1) can it not be that white male pre-meds can have genuine concerns when applying to medical school that are unique to them without in any way shape or form having even a remote hint of veiled racism 2) Not that SDN need operate under First Amendment dictates, but why shouldn't a Thread like this one be allowed to exist as it attacks no one nor is obviously spewing invective?

yeah...i'm not a fan of this whole racial threading thing.

virilep said:
yeah...i'm not a fan of this whole racial threading thing.

Dear Virile,

It Goes both ways. You can't have your cake and eat it too. We might be a majority, but we have a right to our Thread as long as do the "Black Female" for example.

Dear Madame Lulu,

I have loved you before under other aliases and I continue to do so...

Honestly, though I hadn't seen those other threads. But my, my what a repository of SDN folklore you are...a type of SDN librarian. Sexy one at that with glasses.....

hey, definately, u can have the thread. i'm all about free speech.

Cherebourg said:
It Goes both ways. You can't have your cake and eat it too. We might be a majority, but we have a right to our Thread as long as do the "Black Female" for example.

:confused: It seems that no one who begins these threads (as demonstrated in the examples given by MadameLULU) can truly validate the existence of their respective threads without reasoning that, just because the "Black Females" have threads, they are entitled to one as well.

Not that I have anything against this thread, but it just seems to be an interesting thing to point out.

Cherebourg said:
First of all Mr. Laroche, the thread was started in jest.

:rolleyes:
Here lies the inherent problem with your thread. You state that it's intended as a joke. Clearly, the other thread you use to justify the existence of your thread is not a joke.

I have it pretty bad (with all due respect to other applicants):

White
Male
21-23
Science Degree
Lower-middle Class
Large state university for undergrad
Shorter

You just have to tough it out, make yourself stand out, and you will be accepted into medical school!

Hey Cherebourg, I hate to be the jerk but I have to say it. QUIT YOUR BITCHING! I am sorry that you haven't had much good news lately, but many of us are in the same boat and we aren't going around spewing out erratic threads with little to do about anything. So how bout you take a deep breath, put down your "White man's burden," and get on those letters of interest.

Rzarecta said:
Hey Cherebourg, I hate to be the jerk but I have to say it. QUIT YOUR BITCHING! I am sorry that you haven't had much good news lately, but many of us are in the same boat and we aren't going around spewing out erratic threads with little to do about anything. So how bout you take a deep breath, put down your "White man's burden," and get on those letters of interest.

You are right...i am whiing.... But if I can't have fun on SDN what can i do??? Would you rather I go postal at work or burden and whine to every family member I have. No sorry Mario you will have to put up with me...til I get in somewhere...