HICP accreditation status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bananaface said:
Thank you for your civility, BMBiology. ;)
your avitar is killing me

i love it!

we got to watch some of office space in our HR class....

ok sorry now back on topic...

we just had a big meeting about our accreditation visit (in april) and the process

Members don't see this ad :)
Caverject said:
BTW- BMB has a B.S. in biochemistry & B.A. in psychology and minor in biomedical engineering.

Well, geez, then i guess everything he says is correct and gospel and he has never been immature or inciteful what so ever huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You guys all need to worry about your own situations and stop the obsession with ours. Everything will be fine, we dont need you guys to worry about us, we are worrying about ourselves enough, okay?

The faculty has done several things to ensure my confidence in them, and none of these things do I feel the need to defend myself with. We have a great faculty and we will get the job done. Period.

John

JohnHICP said:
The faculty has done several things to ensure my confidence in them, and none of these things do I feel the need to defend myself with. We have a great faculty and we will get the job done. Period.

John

Seems the faculty has also done some questionable things as well though.

imperial frog said:
Seems the faculty has also done some questionable things as well though.

Who hasn't? Everyone makes mistakes. I know you and I have made many of them. All that matters is what we do to correct those mistakes and persevere, which is exactly what I expect us to do.
John

JohnHICP said:
Who hasn't? Everyone makes mistakes. I know you and I have made many of them. All that matters is what we do to correct those mistakes and persevere, which is exactly what I expect us to do.
John

Unfortunately, simply correcting mistakes doesn't take care of all the problems. What matters more is finding out why the mistakes are happening and trying to find a way of preventing more.

JohnHICP said:
Well, geez, then i guess everything he says is correct and gospel and he has never been immature or inciteful what so ever huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John

"Inciteful" is not a word, but "insightful" is.

I think that BMBio IS "insightful" ("exhibiting insight or clear and deep perception; "an insightful parent"; "the chapter is insightful and suggestive of new perspectives"-R.C.Angell) Insight: The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation; penetration.

Hmmm,

I was not going to post this, but the topic of HICP came up in a converstion last week in a discussion with the faculty last week during a discussion about the acrredation process. The faculty were mentioning that at the last ACPE meeting there were some fairly stong concerns about new pharmacy schools opening that were not really up to the standards of many of the existing schools of pharmacy. Apparantly a great deal of this stemmed from the fact that many felt that NVCP was not as strong a program as it should have been, but was approved anyway. Basically ACPE said that NVCP was eligble under the current guidlines. However, this and the proposed opening of several new pharmacy schools spurred the changes in language and standards that ACPE is currently adopting which will effectively give them much more power to deny applications for accredation. As far as HICP, from what I understand many of the established programs strongly feel that they should not be given candidate status and that to do so would set a bad precedent. When asked what the students graduating from the program should do they basically said that the best they can hope for is to take the foriegn equivalency exam, which essentially would just give them the right to attend an accredited pharmacy school.

JohnHICP said:
You guys all need to worry about your own situations and stop the obsession with ours. Everything will be fine, we dont need you guys to worry about us, we are worrying about ourselves enough, okay?

John

John, your tone has really gone down hill in these threads.

I don't know why you have faith in a faculty that has basically lied and misrepresented things over and over. (hows that BS attendance policy working out for you?) Maybe the faculty is good, but I would be very worried about the people who matter in your situation, the investors of this private start-up. They have basically not followed the ACPE guidlines several times, all while pushing forward with a 240 student class paying what, around 30K a year, and getting ready for another big payday with next years class. Based on the size of the first class alone, which is ridiculous, it is easy to see what the school cares about, $$$$ for the private investors, not you students.

Good luck. I will get back to worrying about my own situation, passing finals that we have this week at my full accredidation school. Say Hi to your class VP, I miss reading her journal about how she is so hot and smarter than all the rest of you at HICP. (great leading skills she has)

jdpharmd? said:
"Inciteful" is not a word, but "insightful" is.

I think that BMBio IS "insightful" ("exhibiting insight or clear and deep perception; "an insightful parent"; "the chapter is insightful and suggestive of new perspectives"-R.C.Angell) Insight: The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation; penetration.

Please excuse my mistake. I meant his comments are inciting (which IS a word).

Jeddevil said:
Good luck. I will get back to worrying about my own situation, passing finals that we have this week at my full accredidation school. Say Hi to your class VP, I miss reading her journal about how she is so hot and smarter than all the rest of you at HICP. (great leading skills she has)

These are pathetic attempts at trying to talk trash. I hope you get banned for immaturity alone. Grow up will ya?
John

seriously people if you dont have anything new that we already dont know, please please please just keep it in yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.