Wayne State vs. Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LGW

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can fill me in on the pros/cons of the two schools.
My interview went fairly well at Wayne and I am wondering if I am accepted at Wayne (will know 2/23) should I accept my MSU interview invite.
I am particularly interested in pediatrics, primary care, and women's health. I know that Wayne is on top of these specialties and I've been reading that MSU is really focused on primary care. I have also been reading that Wayne has better clinical opportunities because of the many hospital affliations and at MSU you may have to relocate after two years.
What is your opinion?

Members don't see this ad.

check this thread out and/or do a search:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=119148&page=1&pp=20&highlight=wayne+state

personally, i would choose wayne over msu-chm, because not having a hospital is not something i'd be willing to put up with. you have to remember that clinical years are the most important, and wayne will prepare you better than msu... at least in my opinion. however, the fields you're interested in are ones which msu specializes in, so definitely do not write it off.