Dr 90210

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HazCoffee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Every time I watch Dr. 90210 I always see this guy going on and on about his superior educational pedigree from Harvard Med. School.

Curious about it, I checked out his bio and he did a Masters of Health Policy from Harvard while his medical school wasn't from Harvard at all. BA from Arizone State Univ., Med school at Tufts, General Surgery Res at UCLA, Plastics residency at Univ of Tenn, and a 1 year fellowship at Harvard.

Lots of good programs on his background list, but does a 1 year fellowship at Harvard merit one to say in general, that he did his med schooling at Harvard?

I'm curious as to how all of you look at this issue. I tend to be more interested where a doctor did his residency (#1) and his med school (#2) than where he did a 1 year fellowship (#3). And I couldn't care less about where a doctor did his Masters in Health Policy at all. I rank that at the same level as where did he his undergrad.

Those are my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad.

HazCoffee said:
Every time I watch Dr. 90210 I always see this guy going on and on about his superior educational pedigree from Harvard Med. School.

Curious about it, I checked out his bio and he did a Masters of Health Policy from Harvard while his medical school wasn't from Harvard at all. BA from Arizone State Univ., Med school at Tufts, General Surgery Res at UCLA, Plastics residency at Univ of Tenn, and a 1 year fellowship at Harvard.

Lots of good programs on his background list, but does a 1 year fellowship at Harvard merit one to say in general, that he did his med schooling at Harvard?

I'm curious as to how all of you look at this issue. I tend to be more interested where a doctor did his residency (#1) and his med school (#2) than where he did a 1 year fellowship (#3). And I couldn't care less about where a doctor did his Masters in Health Policy at all. I rank that at the same level as where did he his undergrad.

Those are my 2 cents.

I agree - he is a Plastic Surgeon because of his training at UT, not Harvard (although, assuming his fellowship was in aesthetics you could make the case that the bulk of his work comes from the additional training he received at Harvard). Of course, saying he trained at UT is much less impressive to the viewing audience than Harvard. So while I agree that he really learned PRS at UT, he did refine his aesthetic skills at harvard but I think he's "conveniently" leaving out his previous training to make himself look better.

Thank you for giving me one more reason to be extremely irritated by this guy (besides his muscle scrubs). Ughh...

Kimberli Cox said:
I agree - he is a Plastic Surgeon because of his training at UT, not Harvard (although, assuming his fellowship was in aesthetics you could make the case that the bulk of his work comes from the additional training he received at Harvard). Of course, saying he trained at UT is much less impressive to the viewing audience than Harvard. So while I agree that he really learned PRS at UT, he did refine his aesthetic skills at harvard but I think he's "conveniently" leaving out his previous training to make himself look better.

Thank you for giving me one more reason to be extremely irritated by this guy (besides his muscle scrubs). Ughh...

who gives a **** where this guy did his residency/fellowship/cosmetics training...he obviously does a good job and has more business to do with because of his reputuation...besides...going to med school in australia and doing a gs residency at Penn State is not that "prestigious" to most..however, I am sure you will be a fantastic surgeon when it is all said and done..am I right? :D

The doctor we're refferring to is a joke. He's a celebrity because he's a caricature, not because he's considered a good surgeon (several of the other surgeons on that show are in fact very celebrated). He's not board-certified & has evasively said he was too "busy" to be bothered with taking his boards when asked by one of the patients on the show re. his credentials. The level of unprofessionalism on display from him constantly is pretty shocking. His "superior pedigree" is pretty marginal in fact (BTW he did NOT train @ UCLA but one of the affiliate programs) & the pretense he displays with wearing Harvard sweat-shirts constantly is amusing. I really wish they'd have some long-term follow up on some of his cases, I suspect you'd see some pretty horrible looking work on some of those oversized augmentation cases he's doing. The size implants he uses look AWFUL after a relatively brief period of achieving the Baywatch look, especially on so many of the really thin women he's placing them in.

:laugh: Why does the public keep buying into this "harvard" business? Harvard is just another school - there are lots of good schools around the country, training there doesn't make someone a better doctor, for pete's sakes.

I drove by harvard once, and I must admit, my IQ I think went up 1 or 2 points :idea:

must be something in the water.....

Goose...Fraba said:
I drove by harvard once, and I must admit, my IQ I think went up 1 or 2 points :idea:

must be something in the water.....

LOL. From now on I'm going to spell Harvard with an "e", just to piss off people that care. The name of the school doesn't make the person.

Are we talking about Dr. Ray(spelling). Last episode he was wearing a Harvard Med hat. He is also SAG cardholder.

Although what school/program you go to doesn't necessarily mean you are a good or bad surgeon (Harvard vs community program), what does surprise me is that this Dr.Rey seems to have done his general surgery training in 3 different places - does this mean he was a prelim resident during most of his GS residency.

Regardless, he is a poser and I think his show is quite annoying...

yaah said:
:laugh: Why does the public keep buying into this "harvard" business? Harvard is just another school - there are lots of good schools around the country, training there doesn't make someone a better doctor, for pete's sakes.

But, but ... I thought you are training at the Harvard of the Midwest!

I always enjoyed watching Dr. Rey's part of the show (he isn't bad looking) :p But after reading your comments, this guy is really a wannabe...I guess Dr. Kanodia (sp?) will be my fav now

GMO2003 said:
who gives a **** where this guy did his residency/fellowship/cosmetics training...he obviously does a good job and has more business to do with because of his reputuation...besides...going to med school in australia and doing a gs residency at Penn State is not that "prestigious" to most..however, I am sure you will be a fantastic surgeon when it is all said and done..am I right? :D

I didn't realize we were talking about me. I never tried to hide my "credentials" or claim that they were more prestigious than they actually are as Dr. Rey has. I have been more than upfront about where I went to medical school and where I am doing residency.

You're absolutely right - skill and reputation are more important than where someone does their training. However, the fact that Dr. Rey engages in some subterfuge about his education implies that either he is not impressed with it, or realizes that his client base would be more impressed if he were a Harvard trained surgeon.

As for "good job", well that's debatable. I can look askance at his snide comments to patients who don't want as large of implants as he thinks they should have, or his creepy comments to patients about the cosmetic appeal of their various body parts. Maybe that's what you have to do to be a Bev Hills plastic surgeon. But frankly I have seen better breast implants in many many other places and I can't say that he would qualify as "the best" IMHO.

Now that roboliver has added the other tidbit about his lack of BC, I can despise him even more. My BF loves to watch the show to make fun of him; I just find it incredibly embarassing and painful. But I obviously have some sort of inferiority complex because I went to school in Oz and residency in PA. ;)

golgi said:
Although what school/program you go to doesn't necessarily mean you are a good or bad surgeon (Harvard vs community program), what does surprise me is that this Dr.Rey seems to have done his general surgery training in 3 different places - does this mean he was a prelim resident during most of his GS residency.

Regardless, he is a poser and I think his show is quite annoying...

Did he? I was under the impression that he did his Gen Surg residency at a UCLA affiliate, Plastics residency at U Tenn, and Aesthetic fellowship at Harvard. This is not uncommon path.

Kimberli Cox said:
I didn't realize we were talking about me. I never tried to hide my "credentials" or claim that they were more prestigious than they actually are as Dr. Rey has. I have been more than upfront about where I went to medical school and where I am doing residency.

You're absolutely right - skill and reputation are more important than where someone does their training. However, the fact that Dr. Rey engages in some subterfuge about his education implies that either he is not impressed with it, or realizes that his client base would be more impressed if he were a Harvard trained surgeon.

As for "good job", well that's debatable. I can look askance at his snide comments to patients who don't want as large of implants as he thinks they should have, or his creepy comments to patients about the cosmetic appeal of their various body parts. Maybe that's what you have to do to be a Bev Hills plastic surgeon. But frankly I have seen better breast implants in many many other places and I can't say that he would qualify as "the best" IMHO.

Now that roboliver has added the other tidbit about his lack of BC, I can despise him even more. My BF loves to watch the show to make fun of him; I just find it incredibly embarassing and painful. But I obviously have some sort of inferiority complex because I went to school in Oz and residency in PA. ;)

how is it possible to obtain priveledges and bill for procedures if you are not board certified? isn't this a requirement in most state medical boards and with insurance companies? :confused:

Kimberli Cox said:
Did he? I was under the impression that he did his Gen Surg residency at a UCLA affiliate, Plastics residency at U Tenn, and Aesthetic fellowship at Harvard. This is not uncommon path.

Looks like he did GS in Minn, NY, and CA. Here it is straight from the AMA:

Roberto M Rey Jr MD

Medical School:
TUFTS UNIV SCH OF MED, BOSTON MA 02111

Residency Training:
UNIV OF TN COLL OF MED, PLASTIC SURGERY
LA CO HARBOR UCLA MED CTR, GENERAL SURGERY
STATEN ISLAND UNIV HOSP, GENERAL SURGERY
MAYO GRAD SCH MED/MAYO FNDN, GENERAL SURGERY

GMO2003 said:
how is it possible to obtain priveledges and bill for procedures if you are not board certified? isn't this a requirement in most state medical boards and with insurance companies? :confused:

You are only required to be Board Eligible. Practices might want you to be BC, but it is generally not a requirement of any hospital or institution.

Remember that an aesthetic plastic surgery practice (which is what Dr. Rey has) is typically "cash on the barrel", ie, no insurance. The patient pays for it out of pocket, begs, borrows or steals to get the $$. Many practices have payment plans for their patients.

Would not being BC increase his malpractice premiums? Would some insurance companies refuse to write him policies?

RexKD said:
Would not being BC increase his malpractice premiums? Would some insurance companies refuse to write him policies?

Yes it can.

But we don't know if he even carries a sole provider malpractice policy, os covered by a group or whether he goes bare back.

I was a nurse in a situation where a patient back in 1999, when he first started his career in L.A. almost died. He did a reconstructive breast job had her in surgery for over 10 hours with complication and did not tell her husband, he said all was great and she looked beautiful. She then later had a hematoma one month later and that day also had her in for hours in surgery, he was banned from helping her at Cedar sinai in L.A. and she almost died. I heard she tried to sue him for the damages on her breasts but he used Harvard as a getaway so she dropped the lawsuit after no expert doctor would help. His lying about being BC in plastic surgery and going to Harvard in the deposition will hurt him when this patient goes public because the deposition he did stated he was BC, and also left out that he worked for Cosmedex a bogus co. that started his career and now they are no where to be found, i heard they filed bk. He also lies about Harvard, he is not a Harvard Med School graduate. Thats why its so important to not lie about your credentials or twist them a little to help your career as you see now its going to hurt him more than anything.

HazCoffee said:

Those are my 2 cents.

Far be it for me to defend this guy.... but I think you all are being harsh in terms of attacking where he got his credentials from.... (he means nothing to me and I don't watch the show). It was even mentioned before. The bottom line, you do a fellowship in a specialty and that's what you will do for the rest of your life... just because he learned to do appendectomies in UCLA and learned to do breast reductions at U of Tenn.....and finally perfected breast augmentation at Harvarde doesn't mean he is not harvurd trained to do what he is doing.

Lets compare him to someone else..... who lets say did his bachelors in harvurd, did his medical school in harvarde, did residency in general surgery in harvurd as well then did his fellowship of transplant surgery in Yale.

Which is more appropriate for this transplant surgeon to claim.... him saying he is Harvard trained or Yale trained? My answer is Yale...(again the appendectomy he learned to do in Harvard and will never do again as well as the digital rectal exam he did in harvard as a medical student and will never do again....and the anthropology science he did in Harvard to get into med school and probably doesn't even remember, all does not make him a harvard transplant surgeon).

BTW, I think Harvarde is a much better ticker for people than Harvurd, because they will KNOW Harvurd is misspelled to tick them off but Harvarde will put doubt in their mind.... was that on purpose or was that an insult.... and worse there will be those who wont even see that it was intentional and try to correct you... :smuggrin:

I think a lot of people just hear names of certain schools and instantly put the person on a pedestal. I used to do it.....at least until I hooked up with a girl from oxford and hung out with ones from ivy leagues and what not.......then I was much less impressed. They are people just like all of us and the scary smart really just go to wherever they want most of the time...I really don't care about the guy. I don't watch the show and I don't intend to.....douchebags are everywhere...he is a lucky one. Maybe stuff will come and bite him in the ass and maybe it won't...but it seems like his patients are as much at fault as he is. These are people treating cosmetic surgeries like it is getting a mole removed on your little toe and doesn't have it's dangers....They go in there dropping tons of money on a surgery (possibly screwing up the lives of their loved ones for their own personal benefits) but don't do the research before hand....some of these people spend 50k plus on this crap...and they don't even look at the end results with others, look up credentials, etc. It is like going in and buying a car by how pretty it is and then being shocked with the constant problems and huge loss of money that comes along. Elective cosmetic should be researched a little more than seeing a guy on tv and trusting him...........and this post turned out much longer than I expected.

OK...I think most of us agree that Dr. Rey is a major tool, but what about the others? I've heard good things about Kanodia, but does anyone know about the others? What about facial work...who's the best?

Anybody noticed Dr. Will from "Big Brother?" Did an internship then started working at a health spa/laser treatment center thing and now calls himself a dermatologist on TV. That is worse than Reays misleading if you ask me. Though Reay is clearly still a chump. How self absorbed and clueless do you have to be to do plastic surgery on the poor in Mexico and still talk endlessly about how it affected YOU?

droliver said:
The level of unprofessionalism on display from him constantly is pretty shocking.

In my opinion, it is unprofessional to publicly criticize the abilities of a fellow physician.

Callogician said:
In my opinion, it is unprofessional to publicly criticize the abilities of a fellow physician.
So if a physician is dangerous you should just tell him so and everything will be fine? Approaching him first is ok but the patients should come first. Not all doctors deserve respect, and ignoring their faults as a profession wouldn't help our image.

I heard he is super buff. He was buff enough to karate chop an 80 year old man on an airplane recently anyway. The guy unfortunately makes plastic surgeons look bad. The majority of us really do help people and went into it for the right reasons.

GSresident said:
...and went into it for the right reasons.

chicks and cash or that one burn reconstruction you did in the 80s?

Lets see...the oldest I was in the 80's would be 14, so in fact I did zero burn reconstructions in the 80's. :)

GSresident said:
Lets see...the oldest I was in the 80's would be 14, so in fact I did zero burn reconstructions in the 80's. :)

A simple "chicks and cash" would have sufficed...why you gotta be cryptic?

Callogician said:

Oh come on! We are not talking about a guy in another practice or something. This guy puts himself out there on a tv show to entertain the masses. Doing this is like putting his own a$$ on a plate and serving it up as fodder for our amusement.

dynx said:
A simple "chicks and cash" would have sufficed...why you gotta be cryptic?

They need a nailed smilie. :laugh:

Shodddy18 said:
Oh come on! We are not talking about a guy in another practice or something. This guy puts himself out there on a tv show to entertain the masses. Doing this is like putting his own a$$ on a plate and serving it up as fodder for our amusement.

Exactly. While I agree that it is unprofessional to publicly discuss another physician's foibles, Robert Rey has put himself in the public eye and as such, renders himself open to such criticisms. He is no different than Britney Spears or other celebrities who have chosen a public life, then cry when people talk about them.

I dont' question that he was trained to do Breast Reconstruction at Harvard, but it was a small part of his training (since he does do other things outside of breasts) and it just smacks of elitism and snobbery to constantly refer to the school. Who cares (except his patients)? :rolleyes:

dynx said:

You don't have a clue what most plastic surgeons do, do you?

Diabetic feet, diabetic feet, paniculectomy, diabetic feet, god-aweful smelling diabetic feet. Oh, and bed sores, diabetic feet, and more bed sores.

Plastic surgeons must have the absolute strongest stomachs and least sense of smell of anyone in the world.

Ah, never mind. I'm going to go watch Nip/Tuck.

Annette said:
You don't have a clue what most plastic surgeons do, do you?

Diabetic feet, diabetic feet, paniculectomy, diabetic feet, god-aweful smelling diabetic feet. Oh, and bed sores, diabetic feet, and more bed sores.

Plastic surgeons must have the absolute strongest stomachs and least sense of smell of anyone in the world.

Ah, never mind. I'm going to go watch Nip/Tuck.

Funny...you never see Dr. Rey doing decubiti, do you? I guess Beverly Hills plastic surgeons don't get the nursing home consults. :rolleyes:

She is the one that is dying because of the complications of the surgeries done by him. This isnt about credentials its about lying and not being professional and telling a patient I cant help you, go to someone with more experience. She is paying the price now. She is dying and who are you to defend someone who damaged her with a brain illness. unless you are him, then dont put your two cents in, this woman will die because he left her in surgery for hours under the knife and for extended hours we almost lost her when she was under. I hope you feel you feel better, meanie, I hope that you are not a doctor. This is about the cruelest comment a doctor could make.

Faebinder said:
Far be it for me to defend this guy.... but I think you all are being harsh in terms of attacking where he got his credentials from.... (he means nothing to me and I don't watch the show). It was even mentioned before. The bottom line, you do a fellowship in a specialty and that's what you will do for the rest of your life... just because he learned to do appendectomies in UCLA and learned to do breast reductions at U of Tenn.....and finally perfected breast augmentation at Harvarde doesn't mean he is not harvurd trained to do what he is doing.

Lets compare him to someone else..... who lets say did his bachelors in harvurd, did his medical school in harvarde, did residency in general surgery in harvurd as well then did his fellowship of transplant surgery in Yale.

Which is more appropriate for this transplant surgeon to claim.... him saying he is Harvard trained or Yale trained? My answer is Yale...(again the appendectomy he learned to do in Harvard and will never do again as well as the digital rectal exam he did in harvard as a medical student and will never do again....and the anthropology science he did in Harvard to get into med school and probably doesn't even remember, all does not make him a harvard transplant surgeon).

BTW, I think Harvarde is a much better ticker for people than Harvurd, because they will KNOW Harvurd is misspelled to tick them off but Harvarde will put doubt in their mind.... was that on purpose or was that an insult.... and worse there will be those who wont even see that it was intentional and try to correct you... :smuggrin:

This woman is dying because he had complications in doing reconstructive breast reduction. She has a brain illness now, for being under for 12 hours the first surgery. The second surgery she was under for 10 hours when she had the hematoma. He will eventually be caught its just a matter of time. I just recently heard about this poor girl, He destroyed her life, she has children and a husband. So for all you out there its not about money its about quality not quantity. And yes there are great schools out there, but if you lie you pay the price. look up all the fake doctors who left people to die and either there in jail, file bankruptcy or out of practice. How Could you live with yourself? This now has opened my eyes to be better at what I need to do with my future and to be very honest and careful.

droliver said:
The doctor we're refferring to is a joke. He's a celebrity because he's a caricature, not because he's considered a good surgeon (several of the other surgeons on that show are in fact very celebrated). He's not board-certified & has evasively said he was too "busy" to be bothered with taking his boards when asked by one of the patients on the show re. his credentials. The level of unprofessionalism on display from him constantly is pretty shocking. His "superior pedigree" is pretty marginal in fact (BTW he did NOT train @ UCLA but one of the affiliate programs) & the pretense he displays with wearing Harvard sweat-shirts constantly is amusing. I really wish they'd have some long-term follow up on some of his cases, I suspect you'd see some pretty horrible looking work on some of those oversized augmentation cases he's doing. The size implants he uses look AWFUL after a relatively brief period of achieving the Baywatch look, especially on so many of the really thin women he's placing them in.

I'd just like to point out that a relatively anonymous internet bulletin board isn't the best place to be airing out patient related matters that could eventually involve lawsuits. Also this thread isn't even close to the top of any search engine's results which makes a new poster's identity a little suspect, particular when said individual claims to have "personal" knowledge of an incident that isn't common knowledge.

Ok, I'll stop feeding the trolls now.

nursebetty said:
This woman is dying because he had complications in doing reconstructive breast reduction. She has a brain illness now, for being under for 12 hours the first surgery. The second surgery she was under for 10 hours when she had the hematoma. He will eventually be caught its just a matter of time. I just recently heard about this poor girl, He destroyed her life, she has children and a husband. So for all you out there its not about money its about quality not quantity. And yes there are great schools out there, but if you lie you pay the price. look up all the fake doctors who left people to die and either there in jail, file bankruptcy or out of practice. How Could you live with yourself? This now has opened my eyes to be better at what I need to do with my future and to be very honest and careful.

Uhhh, ok. Look up confabulation, you might see your picture.

nursebetty said:
She is the one that is dying because of the complications of the surgeries done by him. This isnt about credentials its about lying and not being professional and telling a patient I cant help you, go to someone with more experience. She is paying the price now. She is dying and who are you to defend someone who damaged her with a brain illness. unless you are him, then dont put your two cents in, this woman will die because he left her in surgery for hours under the knife and for extended hours we almost lost her when she was under. I hope you feel you feel better, meanie, I hope that you are not a doctor. This is about the cruelest comment a doctor could make.

Did you even understand what I said? Probably not. :rolleyes: I have no idea if he killed 1 person or a million, or whether he is a good or a bad surgeon..... my comments on his credential remain correct. Harvard trained during fellowship is more correctly labeled 'Harvard trained' than someone with his MD from Harvard but got their fellowship elsewhere.

Now if my explanation didn't get through to you the second time... then you are a troll at which point I will just put you on the ignore list. If you have a personal anger or vendetta against this person then take it up with him or sue him but infact even if you somehow take away his license my comments are correct...

And BTW, if you think you can be a surgeon and have ZERO deaths then please go apply to be God. :laugh:

Shodddy18 said:

Fair enough.

as a nurse if this is what you are , you are in the business to care for patients and to report any wrong doing on any doctors. Why would i sue a doctor that did not perform work on me. This woman passed away 3 weeks ago. Who are you to call me or this woman a troll. since you care nothing about patiens, honey you are clearly in the wrong profession. I would hate to have someone like you ever look after patients like this. these people put their lives in our hands and this doctor let her down and now she is dead. Can you live with that for the rest of your life, i sure cant!!!!

Did you even understand what I said? Probably not. :rolleyes: I have no idea if he killed 1 person or a million, or whether he is a good or a bad surgeon..... my comments on his credential remain correct. Harvard trained during fellowship is more correctly labeled 'Harvard trained' than someone with his MD from Harvard but got their fellowship elsewhere.

Now if my explanation didn't get through to you the second time... then you are a troll at which point I will just put you on the ignore list. If you have a personal anger or vendetta against this person then take it up with him or sue him but infact even if you somehow take away his license my comments are correct...

And BTW, if you think you can be a surgeon and have ZERO deaths then please go apply to be God. :laugh:

as a nurse if this is what you are , you are in the business to care for patients and to report any wrong doing on any doctors. Why would i sue a doctor that did not perform work on me. This woman passed away 3 weeks ago. Who are you to call me or this woman a troll. since you care nothing about patiens, honey you are clearly in the wrong profession. I would hate to have someone like you ever look after patients like this. these people put their lives in our hands and this doctor let her down and now she is dead. Can you live with that for the rest of your life, i sure cant!!!!

Apparently you didn't understand when I said "And BTW, if you think you can be a surgeon and have ZERO deaths then please go apply to be God." Just because the guy is an ass and didn't cry on camera doesn't mean he is not in his office miserable as hell and it doesn't mean he doesn't regret the death of his patients. You get up after you fall and move on.....Whatever... I'm putting you on my ignore list.

l
Apparently you didn't understand when I said "And BTW, if you think you can be a surgeon and have ZERO deaths then please go apply to be God." Just because the guy is an ass and didn't cry on camera doesn't mean he is not in his office miserable as hell and it doesn't mean he doesn't regret the death of his patients. You get up after you fall and move on.....Whatever... I'm putting you on my ignore list.

I will remind the users not to assume negative things about each other and post them within threads. This is a forum for professionals and should be maintained in a professional manner.

While this thread about Dr. Rey really has nothing to do with General Residency Issues I've allowed it to stay in this forum; should this change and it dissolves into attacks by members against each other, I will move it to an unmoderated area like The Lounge.

Please respect each other and what we bring to the profession. This of course does not extend to surgeons who wear muscle scrubs and pump iron in front of the scrub sink! ;)

i dont routinely watch Dr 90210, but i will watch it if i happen to be scrolling through the channels and its on. i never knew anything about where he went to school or whatever, but what bothers me the most and drives me completely crazy (besides his bad hair and anorexic wife) is that fact that he hugs his female patients when they are naked!!!! and on the first visit!!! this one episode i saw, he hugged her on the first consultation visit and she didnt have her shirt on. my jaw about hit the floor. i dont have a problem with hugging patients. but usually its with established patients or after giving bad (or extremely good) news. and the patient should have clothes on!! uggh he just gives me the creeps.

i dont routinely watch Dr 90210, but i will watch it if i happen to be scrolling through the channels and its on. i never knew anything about where he went to school or whatever, but what bothers me the most and drives me completely crazy (besides his bad hair and anorexic wife) is that fact that he hugs his female patients when they are naked!!!! and on the first visit!!! this one episode i saw, he hugged her on the first consultation visit and she didnt have her shirt on. my jaw about hit the floor. i dont have a problem with hugging patients. but usually its with established patients or after giving bad (or extremely good) news. and the patient should have clothes on!! uggh he just gives me the creeps.

That I can agree with you.... BTW, you wouldn't catch me dead watching the show... it's lame.

Totally agreed. I hope he has his nurse or some other female type in the room with him when he does that; I'd pay to see them :rolleyes: or :eek: when he does that creepy stuff!

Gotta love that the future psychiatrist is the first person to bring this "little problem" up! :thumbup: :love: