any asian premeds out there (besides indians/chinese)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

it.

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just want to see how many of you there are

Members don't see this ad.

Ummmm... pakistani

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
cool cool.

It,

you still haven't answered my question.

Am I going to drag you out of this thread? It specifically says BESIDES Indians and Chinese.

Lets not turn this poor guys thread into an esoteric discussion on the relative difference between North and South Indian samosas.

junebuguf said:
Am I going to drag you out of this thread? It specifically says BESIDES Indians and Chinese.

Lets not turn this poor guys thread into an esoteric discussion on the relative difference between North and South Indian samosas.

No I'm not going to talk about samosas or indian stuff. I'm just curious where "IT"is from. Besides I have many non desi friends. Mostly vietnamese premeds at my uni. They really seem like they should be considered URMs at time since many of them come from disadvantaged families with lesser money and there aren't many of them represented in comparison with desi's and other asian groups within medical school.

it. said:
just want to see how many of you there are
you mean ppl from like kazakhstan or something? what other asia is there besides india and china?

junebuguf said:

:laugh: :laugh:

gujuDoc said:
cool cool.

It,

you still haven't answered my question.

vietnamese.

hmm, not too many responses. it's just crazy how those chinese/desi threads are so freakin "ginormous"

gujuDoc said:
No I'm not going to talk about samosas or indian stuff. I'm just curious where "IT"is from. Besides I have many non desi friends. Mostly vietnamese premeds at my uni. They really seem like they should be considered URMs at time since many of them come from disadvantaged families with lesser money and there aren't many of them represented in comparison with desi's and other asian groups within medical school.

let me guess...uci?

Harold in the house! (I'm Korean)

it. said:
let me guess...uci?

nah,.......USF in good old sunshine state. We got lot of viets here in premed and pre pharmacy. Yet, so few of them are represented in the med school that I always think they should get some sort of URM status. I swear, you don't see half as many viet docs as you see of desi docs and there's a big population here who don't understand much english etc. So there's definitely a need.

Most viets that I know have nail shops and salons. Is that how it is where you live too?????

Burmese!

PS: I think the avatar girl is hyori lee. She's hot.

gujuDoc said:
nah,.......USF in good old sunshine state. We got lot of viets here in premed and pre pharmacy. Yet, so few of them are represented in the med school that I always think they should get some sort of URM status. I swear, you don't see half as many viet docs as you see of desi docs and there's a big population here who don't understand much english etc. So there's definitely a need.

Most viets that I know have nail shops and salons. Is that how it is where you live too?????

indeed. *it. thinks to himself: one nail salon at a time...and then...the world! muahahhahahahahhhahahahahahhaha! they don't know what's comin! muahahhhahhaha :smuggrin: *

I was made in America but with Korean parts. :thumbup:

Is the title of this thread a joke?

haha I hope not, there are so few of us. Vietnamese here.

MB in SD said:
Is the title of this thread a joke?