University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gasedo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody got an iterview with UW and got in, (or not)? Just curious how it went, how is the school, people, etc. I heard that the facilities are kind of old. Is that true?
Tks

Members don't see this ad.

Gasedo said:
Anybody got an iterview with UW and got in, (or not)? Just curious how it went, how is the school, people, etc. I heard that the facilities are kind of old. Is that true?
Tks

i had my interview in october and hopefully i'll get in. the school is great... top notch in various areas (research, academia, clinic, etc). the health science building is old, but the clinics in the dental school are not. the sim labs actually look brand new. students generally seem pretty happy with their choice.

I agree with the above post. I also interviewed in October, and going in it was sorta my first choice, but it was definately my first choice after my interview. I liked the small class size and that the adminstration seems to care about each and every student. The students that we had lunch with and took us on the tour were very friendly and seemed the most relaxed of any of the dental schools that I've interviewed at. I was concerned like the OP said about old facilities, but I found the sim labs and clinics in very good condition. I interviewed at UPenn and was surprised at how old their facilities were compared to all the other schools, including UW, I've seen. I would love to be accepted there.

Thanks guys, I wish you all luck to be accepted at UW. I hope I will get in too, I am applying for 2007, and I am planning to take the DAT in spring. Any idea what is their avg.?