condition of acceptance letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

My letter of acceptance states that I have to finish the program that I am currently in and any other course work as well. They said they want transcripts as courses are completed. I already have a BS. I'm currently enrolled in a MA program. Is there a GPA that I should be concerned with or do I just concentrate on finishing out with a decent GPA? I like my conditions but was wondering if I should send a transcript after this semester as well or just wait till I receive my MA degree.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dentalguy said:
hey everyone,

My letter of acceptance states that I have to finish the program that I am currently in and any other course work as well. They said they want transcripts as courses are completed. I already have a BS. I'm currently enrolled in a MA program. Is there a GPA that I should be concerned with or do I just concentrate on finishing out with a decent GPA? I like my conditions but was wondering if I should send a transcript after this semester as well or just wait till I receive my MA degree.

Thanks

i think as long as you don't get lower than a C in any class, you'll be fine.

just kick back and relax. i mean, think how much energy, time, brain juice you spent for this. least thing you can do for yourself is drop out of school if you are still going to one, get divorced if you are married, and disown any annoying kids or pets you may have fathered or adopted in your life.

its december. its christmas. you're accepted to dental school. your life is set. hell starts next august. i say enjoy those 8-9 months doing absolutely diddly squat. and save the energy for dental school.

HURRAY!

Members don't see this ad :)
dentalguy said:
hey everyone,

Thanks

Can students not finish a masters degree, I read where schools say to initiate a masters degree but doesn't necassarily say finish it.

hd

Most professional schools don't like to pull anyone out of a master's program in progress. I would suggest finishing the masters and then going.

dentalguy said:
hey everyone,

Thanks

I remember getting those letters. As far as I recall, just finish up (no worries about making A's unless you plan to apply to residency programs--in which case it may matter as they'll ask for those transcripts, too), relax a bit, and send in a transcript when you are done.

'Course, I could be off and the school wants all A's and trasncripts each time you finish a class...you can always check with the program that accepted you.

dentalguy said:
hey everyone,

Thanks

I think they just mean you have to finish off this current semester. And by "successful completion" I'm assuming it means passing the class. Maybe each school's acceptance letter's different, but I don't think you need to do anything as far as next semester is concerned. On the other hand... I feel like i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm currently set to graduate in May, but now I don't think I need to. It sounds so tempting to just go work and relax... but i'm so close... is the degree worth it? what would you guys do????