Any Christian white males applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jerry75

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just saw some other posts pertaining to certain demographics, so I thought I'd chime in ask if there are any Christian white males applying this cycle. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, I think you're the only one. You should look into applying as urm.

Nope. You're probably the only one.

Members don't see this ad :)
angel5 said:
I'm a Christian, white female.
Ah, my white whale (no offense if you're on the heavy side). I've found you at long last.
Myself, I am neither white nor christian. Can I still be part of your group? If you deny me I will complain to no end.

justskipee said:
nope, just Ethiopean Jews here at SDN.

lol, that was a good one. The OP's question was mind boggling until I saw how many posts he had.

jerry75 said:
Just saw some other posts pertaining to certain demographics, so I thought I'd chime in ask if there are any Christian white males applying this cycle. :laugh:
Christian white male here but applied last cycle. all the best, God bless

jerry75 said:

:confused: Um, okay then. So your point was that Christian white males would be the majority? Actually, I think there are more female applicants (and matriculants) now than male.

lolzors...i'm pretty much sure this is the first time this has been done....lol lol haha

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
gbleeker said:
I am white / male and a Christian. Not sure of the point of the thread though, lol.

the point is to RE-PRE-SENT!!

i am not white or male but i am christian :thumbup:

I am an athiest white male, but most of the people I know who are applying to med school and dental school are both white and christian. Half of these are males. I feel confident that you will find people like you if you are attending an American medical college. This country is rife with religious people, most of them professing to be christians. Christians are *very* well represented in the medical fields.

Interestingly, the criteria specified in the OP are the (old) criteria for membership in the Klan. Esp. if you add 'protestant' to the mix. I am pretty sure that this was not the intent of the OP, but it was the *first* thing that sprung to my mind when I saw the thread header.

I was raised as a Christian white male. Now "agnostic white male" is a more accurate description.

jerry75 said:

Are you truly Christian or do you claim to be like most people?

riceman04 said:
Are you truly Christian or do you claim to be like most people?
It is funny that you say this... as a gay man, I have this knee jerk reaction when I hear the word Christian - I think of people screaming "God hates fags" and throwing things at Matthew Shepards family when they went to his funeral (after he was murdered by "christians"). I know that Christianity isn't supposed to be all about hatred, but sometimes it sure seems that way.

Flopotomist said:
It is funny that you say this... as a gay man, I have this knee jerk reaction when I hear the word Christian - I think of people screaming "God hates fags" and throwing things at Matthew Shepards family when they went to his funeral (after he was murdered by "christians"). I know that Christianity isn't supposed to be all about hatred, but sometimes it sure seems that way.

Yeah, for most people being Christian involves nothing more than fitting in with the crowd. People are willing to publicly proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior but only do so to appear "right" (whatever that means) within the public eye. It was a real eye opener when I went down south...The same people out in the country who claim to be solidiers for Jesus were the same calling me the N***er behind my back.

Flopotomist said:

well i hope you try not to think this way of all christians! i was embarrased for that baptist minister who was screaming and promoting hate at the shepard funeral. i think he is actually known for doing things like that. not all christians are lke that. actually, most christians i know are not like that, and these are hard-core christians, not just "fit in with the chritian-ish demographic when it is convenient for myself" people.

we are loving, friendly people who are taught not to judge others. we want to become doctors and do something good with our lives! :)

in any case, i'm sorry you had any negative judgemental experiences.

Flopotomist said:
Come on guys, no blanket statements like this. You can't do the reverse, and think it's justified. People everywhere, no matter what race, religion, sex, all do some crazy ****. But Flop, I see where your comming from. Like I said, crazy ****. :thumbdown:

bubbleyum said:
well i hope you try not to think this way of all christians! i was embarrased for that baptist minister who was screaming and promoting hate at the shepard funeral. i think he is actually known for doing things like that. not all christians are lke that. actually, most christians i know are not like that, and these are hard-core christians, not just "fit in with the chritian-ish demographic when it is convenient for myself" people.

we are loving, friendly people who are taught not to judge others. we want to become doctors and do something good with our lives! :)

Will you marry me? :love: ;) :laugh:

bubbleyum said:

I try very very hard to not group all Christians together as one, but it just seems like far too many of the Christian leadership demonize me and my family. You can only be spit on by a group for so long before you start to just avoid the group entirely.

riceman04 said:
Yeah, for most people being Christian involves nothing more than fitting in with the crowd. People are willing to publicly proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior but only do so to appear "right" (whatever that means) within the public eye. It was a real eye opener when I went down south...The same people out in the country who claim to be solidiers for Jesus were the same calling me the N***er behind my back.

Flopotomist said:

I hope you don't think of us all being like that. Sure there are some people like that, but don't stereotype us as a bunch of homophobes. That's just as bad as if we stereotyped you for being gay.

There are crazy extremists in everything (politics, religion, etc). We shouldn't let a few people be representative of everyone else.

Speaking of Christianity (or faith in general), did any of you mention this during your interviews? I know its kinda taboo within academia to say you believe in X faith/religion. I mentioned it at 2 interviews (not out of the blue, it was appropriate) and was kinda nervous afterwards, but it all worked out for the best.

Any similar experiences?

RunnerMD said:
Speaking of Christianity (or faith in general), did any of you mention this during your interviews? I know its kinda taboo within academia to say you believe in X faith/religion. I mentioned it at 2 interviews (not out of the blue, it was appropriate) and was kinda nervous afterwards, but it all worked out for the best.

Any similar experiences?

my longest extracurricular was church volunteer and sunday school teacher, and as somebody intrested in pediatric specialties, i mentioned it in a lot of my essays and my ps.

BUT, maybe you shouldn't use me as an encouragment because i only have one interview scheduled in january and no love from anywhere else yet! hah.

in any case, i've always heard it's good to show dedication and conviction as long as it rings true and has significance towards your medical aspirations.

RunnerMD said:

Any similar experiences?

Well I am not white or male but I am a christian. While I do not volunteer that kind of information at interviews it is readily apparent in the type of activities I listed on my AMCAS. Sometimes the interviewer brought it up and I never held back. No one seemed to be affected by it.

Flopotomist said:
I try very very hard to not group all Christians together as one, but it just seems like far too many of the Christian leadership demonize me and my family. You can only be spit on by a group for so long before you start to just avoid the group entirely.
I know where you're coming from...I've had plenty of bad experiences with Christians telling me I'm going to hell simply because I'm Jewish (or to them just non-Christian). Fortunately, I've met a lot of great Christians and know not all of them feel this extremist attitude toward the "truth." It's hard not to have a knee-jerk reaction though...I admit I'm still really sensitive to the whole thing and somewhat bitter, but I'm working on it.

Flopotomist said:

:(

well, i don't hate you. i save my spit for sealing the letters begging the adcoms to let me into their med school.

Hey Runner...I was actually asked straight up about my religion during my Miami interview. He asked it in relation to abortion. something like "what religion are you and what would you do if a patient came requesting an abortion?"

I was honest, told him im catholic and would never perform an abortion on someone who just changed their mind about being pregnant. but of course I followed up with the careful "but I advocate for the best interest of my patient and would refer her to a colleague I trust who can help her" ...I was worried about it for a bit after the interview but I think its ok to have your ideals in order as long as you rationalize your reasoning and back it up. The acceptance later told me that it didnt bother my interviewer. :)

Ever since the TRI Kappa premedical fraternity closed there just aren't that many christian white males applying...........................go figure

tacrum43 said:
:confused: Um, okay then. So your point was that Christian white males would be the majority? Actually, I think there are more female applicants (and matriculants) now than male.

I wasn't implying that Christian, white males were the majority or promoting any negative feelings toward anybody else. I was merely asking a question that has been asked before for a whole range of demographics but I've never seen this one asked! Basically, it was joke! :laugh: But so is my inability to be considered for millions of dollars of scholarships because I am a white, Christian male.

jerry75 said:
But so is my inability to be considered for millions of dollars of scholarships because I am a white, Christian male.
Oh whoa is you... maybe if all the other white Christian males throughout history had been a bit less stodgy with their conception of equality, we wouldn't be in the situation we are in today that led to the scholarships that you are bemoaning.

Flopotomist said:

I feel so sad when I hear people say these things, so many people have given Christianity a bad reputation - Flop, I am sorry you have encountered harsh, abrasive people like that who behave so poorly yet proclaim to love Jesus. Jesus hung out with the lepers and the ******, not the rich and “popular” or socially acceptable people of the time. He spent his time with them and showed them love - he loved the "unlovable" (meaning society's definition of what is unlovable) and I think any one who is a TRUE Christian strives to continually do the same. I went to a Christian school 3rd - 8th grade and hated it! The people there looked down their noses at anyone who was not just as they were...especially people who were not Christians. They were so quick to pass judgment behind someone’s back and yet their public “message” was that of spreading the gospel and God's love. How can you do that if you never interact with people who do not know God and are therefore not classified as "Christian"? The whole thing really turned me off to church as I would rather spend my time among the different people of the world demonstrating and spreading God's love the way Jesus did, giving each and every human being the love, respect and companionship that they deserve no matter who they are!

I hope that you can move past these bitter one-sided Christians and give true Christians a chance.... we are out there, we do exist, there are just not enough of us to speak up and make up for those who claim to be Christian but whose actions definitely say otherwise!

Ron Mexico said:
lolzors...i'm pretty much sure this is the first time this has been done....lol lol haha

Yeah, everybody who does this thinks they're the first, and everybody else wishes they were the last.

hey guys
i am also christian, not male and not white either. I think this really cool. Guys i did something on my application to UC davis. They asked for who the most inflential person in my life was. I was going to write my mum, but then it simply was not flowing. So finally i decided to write jesus and decided that if a school was nmot going to grant me an interview bcos i am christian, then maybe i should not be there anyways,
Anyways just wanted to share that. Anyone else have an interesting encounter or something like that.

Flopotomist said:

It is really too bad that a few very vocal Christian (with less than Christian views) taint the whole religion for so many people.

Another point I like to remind people of is that having faith does not mean you subcribe to everything your church officially does. Faith and religion, while related, are not the same thing. A fair number of people seem to get so tied up in the bureaucracy and prevaling political climate of their religion that they put that ahead of their faith, like Timmy was talking about in her elementary school.

TimmyTheWonderD said:
I would rather spend my time among the different people of the world demonstrating and spreading God's love the way Jesus did, giving each and every human being the love, respect and companionship that they deserve no matter who they are!

I hope that you can move past these bitter one-sided Christians and give true Christians a chance.... we are out there, we do exist, there are just not enough of us to speak up and make up for those who claim to be Christian but whose actions definitely say otherwise!

I am a Christian (white and male, but that doesn't matter). I agree with Timmy - the only Christians usually making headlines are "extreme" ones - those that promote a dislike of, well, everything that isn't considered the "norm." I guess it is comparable to the fact that Muslim male extremists get national coverage frequently, while the majority of Muslims aren't in any way like that. The same is true for Christianity. Sure, we have a bunch of yayhoos always causing a ruckus, but that's expected of most religions, I guess. Many (or most???) of us are really good people - we embrace every nationality, creed, religion, etc. and strive to live as Jesus did. He had no prejudices - just love. That is how I would like to live my life - and hope everyone else can do the same. Peace and love to all.

tacrum43 said:
A fair number of people seem to get so tied up in the bureaucracy and prevaling political climate of their religion that they put that ahead of their faith, like Timmy was talking about in her elementary school.

Yea, I agree! I do not go to church anymore, and in discussions of faith, the "what church do you go to" question comes up and when I say "none" I usually get the "well then how can you call yourself a Christian (or even religious)" response.
The only place I feel comfortable now is the chapel at work, which is always empty. I go there almost daily after work and I think there is a much more intimate and humbling atmosphere in the quiet solitude of the hospital chapel than in some large community church packed with citizens wearing their "Sunday best".

This thread happens 3 times per month.

BTW, I think all the white christians are out fighting the good fight in the "War on Christmas".

Flopotomist said:
The bible talks about the analogy of Jesus, the groom, laying his life down for the church, or the bride. Please don't judge the merits of Christianity (i.e. following JESUS, a flawless being) based upon the fallen nature of the bride (the church). I know this is difficult because there are people who claim to be Christian but who disregard all of the principles.

You and I probably do disagree on a lot of political/moral things. Like I really do believe homosexuality is wrong as outlined in the bible, but good grief, Jesus accepted me of all people, and I've done plenty of things that are also outlined as wrong in the bible. I like the analogy that Christianity is like one beggar showing another beggar where he found food. Good luck on your search. Keep seeking truth and I trust you will find the one Truth....

And Psycho Doctor, I thought you were a girl for some reason.... I'm glad to have that clarified.

MrBurns10 said:
I know where you're coming from...I've had plenty of bad experiences with Christians telling me I'm going to hell simply because I'm Jewish (or to them just non-Christian). Fortunately, I've met a lot of great Christians and know not all of them feel this extremist attitude toward the "truth." It's hard not to have a knee-jerk reaction though...I admit I'm still really sensitive to the whole thing and somewhat bitter, but I'm working on it.
No offense, but Christianity does make claims to being the only path to salvation. If it is a false religion there is no fear for you. But that said, a true Christian has to believe that Christianity is the only way since it is so explicit (John 14:6; 1 John 5:11, 12; etc.).

RunnerMD said:
I hope you don't think of us all being like that. Sure there are some people like that, but don't stereotype us as a bunch of homophobes. That's just as bad as if we stereotyped you for being gay.

There are crazy extremists in everything (politics, religion, etc). We shouldn't let a few people be representative of everyone else.

Hold up....I am not gay. But I do not have any issue with people who are. Flop is a cool dude and I was just supporting what he said....who are we to be the judge of what is "right" and what is "wrong"

There are a few crazy extremists who claim to represent Christianity. It's just funny that many of those extremists have taken a central role within the Christian world. Just b/c I question so many people's true reasons for saying they are Christian does not mean that I am not one myself. I was Christened as a baby, but did not get baptized until I was a senior in high school. I was happy that my parents let me choose when I wanted to get baptized b/c that way I would know exactly what I was proclaiming. And when I expressed my faith it was b/c I wanted to do so.
I am definitely not saying that this makes me better than anyone else! I just think that there are so many of us who just say "OH YES JESUSSSSSS..... HALLELUJAH.....PRAISE JESUSSSSS" (I hope I dont get struck down for that) without really knowing why they are saying it.

But then again there are others who do know and live their lives accordingly

Any white male Christians applying?
If your last name is Troy PM me....PLEASE PM ME!!!! PLEASE :love:

riceman04 said:
Hold up....I am not gay.

It's okay to admit who you are riceman. Stand up! Be Proud!

You should attend a gay pride parade sometime. I bet you will finally be able to accept your place in the world, knowing that there are millions of others out there just like you!

p.s. I hate your Sig. Go Horns!! :smuggrin:

riceman04 said:
Hold up....I am not gay. But I do not have any issue with people who are. Flop is a cool dude and I was just supporting what he said....who are we to be the judge of what is "right" and what is "wrong"

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the person who said "I am a gay guy."

riceman04 said:
who are we to be the judge of what is "right" and what is "wrong"

That's what I was saying. I felt like people were being judgemental of Christians so that's why I said it would be just as bad if we (Christians) were being judgemental of homosexuals.

RunnerMD said:

Deanmonster said:
It's okay to admit who you are riceman. Stand up! Be Proud!

You should attend a gay pride parade sometime. I bet you will finally be able to accept your place in the world, knowing that there are millions of others out there just like you!

p.s. I hate your Sig. Go Horns!! :smuggrin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: my girlfriend is reading this with me right now and you should see the look on her face

I FORGOT TO MENTION:
GO TROJANS!!!

I WILL BE AT THE ROSE BOWL WATCHING SC BEAT THE ISH OuT OF UT.
We are going to drive those horns in the ground. (I grew up in a trojan family....my popls went there for med school...two of siblings did undergrad...one of them also went to business school there....and my mom took alot of classes there...)

Rice sucks in football unfortunately!!!
But we beat the mess out of you in baseball

I am so tired of this anti-Christian crap on the forums. Grow up and face the reality that just because people say they belong to a particular religious group doesn't mean they are the true faithful.

And I refuse to apologize for the "bad Christians." There are no bad Christians - only good ones. And lots who claim to be but aren't. Those are the "bad ones".

And I refuse to apologize for the behavior of the Roman Catholic church, which has been the biggest tarnish on all of Christendom, and it isn't just non-Christians that have suffered because of Rome, but just as much Christians who refused to bow to the papacy.

And about exclusivity, yes Christianity is exclusive. If you fear going to hell, perhaps you'd better consider the question of your faith seriously. If you don't fear going to hell, then just ignore it. Why does everyone take offense at this? I am not offended by Muslims thinking I am an infidel/dhimmi/kuffir. I know that I am not, so they can think up all the crap they want but I don't care. I don't care if Jews look down on me for not keeping kosher or keeping the sabbath or being circumcised, because I personally do not believe that any of those things matter to God.

Why all the offense? Can't people grow up and face the fact that not everyone will think the greatest things of them, yet life will go on?

indo said:
This thread happens 3 times per month.

BTW, I think all the white christians are out fighting the good fight in the "War on Christmas".

:sleep:

mercaptovizadeh said:
I am so tired of this anti-Christian crap on the forums. Grow up and face the reality that just because people say they belong to a particular religious group doesn't mean they are the true faithful.

And I refuse to apologize for the "bad Christians." There are no bad Christians - only good ones. And lots who claim to be but aren't. Those are the "bad ones".

And I refuse to apologize for the behavior of the Roman Catholic church, which has been the biggest tarnish on all of Christendom, and it isn't just non-Christians that have suffered because of Rome, but just as much Christians who refused to bow to the papacy.

And about exclusivity, yes Christianity is exclusive. If you fear going to hell, perhaps you'd better consider the question of your faith seriously. If you don't fear going to hell, then just ignore it. Why does everyone take offense at this? I am not offended by Muslims thinking I am an infidel/dhimmi/kuffir. I know that I am not, so they can think up all the crap they want but I don't care. I don't care if Jews look down on me for not keeping kosher or keeping the sabbath or being circumcised, because I personally do not believe that any of those things matter to God.

Why all the offense? Can't people grow up and face the fact that not everyone will think the greatest things of them, yet life will go on?

You know, a big part of being a Christian is reaching out to others with kindness, mercy, etc., regardless of who they are or what they believe. After all, that's what Jesus did. Telling people, "I know I'm right, and you can stuff it" probably isn't a part of being a "good Christian".