U of Chicago Rumor!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoneyDaddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who interviewed there told me that he received a letter from them after his interview? Is this true? I am asking because I also interviewed there in early January and I still haven't received a letter. Please give me some information about this. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved a short letter basically saying thank you for visiting...it was a pleasure to have you interview here. Ended with "please contact us if you should have any further questions, etc" very brief. The letter came with an updated brochure of the program. Thats it. seemed very standard and automated if you know what i mean.

i haven't recieved anything else from them...anyone recieve anymore than this?

oh, one more thing...it was addressed "Dear Applicant:"
so, that should tell you something about the value of the letter

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah- got the same thing- I am putting very little stock in a two line form letter! That, and the only difference in the "updated brochure" was a pic of the new chair...

Exactly how long after the interview did you receive the letter? It has been more than a month now and still nothing. Thanks

HoneyDaddy said:
Exactly how long after the interview did you receive the letter? It has been more than a month now and still nothing. Thanks

.... I would say maybe about a month(ish). I got it late Jan. and interviewed mid December.

I also received the "letter" and new booklet. I did not take it as a "We are ranking you to match!" type of gesture. It came about a month after my interview.

dukeblue01 said:
I also received the "letter" and new booklet. I did not take it as a "We are ranking you to match!" type of gesture. It came about a month after my interview.

ditto. recieved it about a month after my interview. again, I'd put very little stock into it. However, I do admire how tight lipped and "professional" these programs are. I've had a couple of programs write me with "rank to match" emails...and I'm still hesitant to put much faith in those either.

FYI:
I recently received a larger book (Annual Review of Dept. of Medicine) and a hand written note from an associate PD at U Chicago saying "we were very impressed" and "you will be ranked as a top candidate for this year's match". Basically more along the lines of a rank-to-match type of message. This was in addition to the form letter and short program booklet sent a month ago. Thought this might shed light on any previous rumors.

Has anyone else received a similiar letter of interest from UofC?