Cornell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
asldkjfasld;kjf;alsdkjf;alsdfkja;lsdkfj;aldskfj

alsdkfj'alsdjf'lak

Members don't see this ad.

gafft said:
How obnoxious is it, within one day of getting into Haaahvaaahd (whatever), to post an enourmous picture of your dog on a thread where the pros and cons of Columbia and Cornell are being discussed. Pisses me off. Go to Boston and stay there.

well, to be fair, there were people who were ranting against poodles... and facelifts... :laugh: so i guess it's ok to be a lil bit light hearted sometimes (insert poodle pic). i doubt she meant any kind of arrogance you might have felt.

alsdkjf;lasjdfl;sdkfjl;asdkjf

askldfjl;asdkfj;aldsfjkad

Members don't see this ad :)
gafft said:
I wouldn't judge anybody by reputation alone....kind of like medical schools (go figure). In fact, I've visited the business school and I've worked with harvard college alums who thought they were god's intellectual gift to the universe. I wasn't impressed.

oh yea, i completely agree with you on judging based on reputation, but isn't it kinda similar to stigmatize all people affilliated with harvard? i mean i can definitely see that there would be a number of students who think they'e the **** because of the brand name school, but it's still bad to generalize and say anyone associated with harvard is prick. ne?

gafft said:
Sorry, you have me confused with someone else. Seriously, though, this poodle person should learn a little humility. This kind of flagrant shoving down people's throats is not going to serve her well in medicine or life.

oops. sorry

kirexhana said:
oops. sorry

asdlfkjasjdfl;kj

askldfha;dslfkjdsalfkja;lsdkfj

alsdkfj'alsdjf

anyway, getting back on track.....

news, anyone? i'm actually hoping that they don't take my interview into that much account and look at my app more, because i really bombed it last month. bad case of word indigestion :( .

kirexhana said:
anyway, getting back on track.....

news, anyone? i'm actually hoping that they don't take my interview into that much account and look at my app more, because i really bombed it last month. bad case of word indigestion :( .

In one of my Cornell interviews, I spent half the time defending my ability to "handle" the PBL curriculum. And today....a fourth-year Cornell student (who matched quite nicely....today's match day) told me "PBL is worthless."

I really couldn't read my interviews well.

Do you think legacy helps a lot with med school/Cornell admissions?

gafft said:
Okay, you got me, I have A friend from Harvard who I like :) And Harvard Med is one of the world's greatest institutions. But give me a break....Get your large ugly beantown poop colored Harvard dog off our Columbia/Cornell thread. And go find some friends to celebrate with instead of bragging to anonymous strangers on the internet.

awww... the pooch wasn't that ugly, it just wasn't adorable. but if harvard = poodle... what's a columbia or cornell dog?

hehehe, corn(ell) dog, ok i'll stop now :p

wth! I liked that pic of the poodle! it was cute and properly placed :laugh: it was in no way arrogant or anything. you sound :mad:

I abhor PBL and think it's the worst thing about Cornell. I hate it so much.

I bombed my interviews and didn't really like either of my interviewers.

I still want to get in so badly.

Cornell is a pure-bred greyhound....and Columbia a border collie....

tkdusb said:
I abhor PBL and think it's the worst thing about Cornell. I hate it so much.

I bombed my interviews and didn't really like either of my interviewers.

I still want to get in so badly.

yea, there's just something about school in ny that intrigues me and keeps me hoping.

Members don't see this ad :)
kirexhana said:
yea, there's just something about school in ny that intrigues me and keeps me hoping.

I really just want to get in because it's the only school that we both applied to.

Kirexhana, I wish I knew how to quit you

tkdusb said:
I really just want to get in because it's the only school that we both applied to.

Kirexhana, I wish I knew how to quit you

awwww.... you're sweet. tkd?... tae kwon do?

kirexhana said:
awwww.... you're sweet. tkd?... tae kwon do?

Sure why not. My name is just madeup. There's no meaning behind it, but I'm surprised you managed to find something in it. I just mashed my hand on the keyboard and voila.

tkdusb said:
Sure why not. My name is just madeup. There's no meaning behind it, but I'm surprised you managed to find something in it. I just mashed my hand on the keyboard and voila.

haha, yea, i used to do tkd so that acronym is ingrained into my brain pretty heavily.

Just checking in for 3/17. Nothing today either.

Last year, emails were sent on a Friday late afternoon and Saturday midday so hang on...

gafft said:
Last year, emails were sent on a Friday late afternoon and Saturday midday so hang on...

%$@&

They're really trying to %$@& with us.

I had an 8 hour long nightmare about not getting in. It was too horrific to even describe. Imagine waking up and finding Carrot Top next to you. That would come close.

tkdusb said:
%$@&

I had an 8 hour long nightmare about not getting in. It was too horrific to even describe. Imagine waking up and finding Carrot Top next to you. That would come close.

ewwww... i'm sorry you had to go through that. but i'm sure it means good news?

gafft said:
Who cares about HMS? I didn't apply there because I have no interest in that particular medical school. You've just been accepted and you're already being arrogant and obnoxious and imposing your ugly ass dog on us. Listen, go to harvard, spend four years thinking you're the greatest medical student in the world and please, leave the rest of us alone. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I don't think I mentioned HMS in this thread. You said "poodle," I was like "ooh I have poodle pictures, how topical," and voila. It was funny! If it wasn't funny enough then that's my bad... it would have been a Chuck Norris joke if I knew how to do those. I obviously hit a nerve there, but I don't think my acceptance to Harvard preempts my right to post in any other capacity on SDN ever again.

And to all the innocent bystanders... sorry to post now, but I was asleep last night while gafft was attacking me, and I couldn't bring myself not to respond now. I know this thread is back on track this morning, so hopefully it'll stay that way :oops:

Best of luck, really, to everyone waiting on Cornell. It's an amazing school! :luck:

tkdusb said:
%$@&

That's really bizarre - last night I too dreamt that I didn't get into Cornell.

Risa said:
I'm sorry, I don't think I mentioned HMS in this thread. You said "poodle," I was like "ooh I have poodle pictures, how topical," and voila. It was funny! If it wasn't funny enough then that's my bad... it would have been a Chuck Norris joke if I knew how to do those. I obviously hit a nerve there, but I don't think my acceptance to Harvard preempts my right to post in any other capacity on SDN ever again.

And to all the innocent bystanders... sorry to post now, but I was asleep last night while gafft was attacking me, and I couldn't bring myself not to respond now. I know this thread is back on track this morning, so hopefully it'll stay that way :oops:

Best of luck, really, to everyone waiting on Cornell. It's an amazing school! :luck:

Sorry, you have me confused with someone else. I never said the word "poodle." And by the way, I can hardley imagine that you thought you were making a constructive contribution to the discourse in this thread by posting a huge picture of a dog with "HMS Class of 2010" beneath it. Good luck to you.

poor gafft...he hates life! too bad it has to come out as :barf: on everyone else around him! *prepping for the somewhere2010 slaughtering that is bound to follow*

somewhere2010 said:
poor gafft...he hates life! too bad it has to come out as :barf: on everyone else around him! *prepping for the somewhere2010 slaughtering that is bound to follow*

Haha, nice call...did you notice the Brown ranting he did (which I guess he regretted and deleted? He's awesome at life

...sorry to hijack the thread...good luck everyone on cornell!

gafft said:
I can't figure it out either. Cornell was my first choice for a couple of years! But i'm in at P&S too and now I think Columbia's better. Guess I'll see you at P&S revisit....

The best thing that you can do, if you are fortunate enough to get in to Cornell, is to go to both Columbia's and Cornell's 2nd looks. Only then will you be able to evaluate the pros and cons of each school, your future classmates, the value of PBL, etc. For some, PBL stinks, for others, pure lectures suck--only you (and not a 4th year), can decide what is best for you. And don't fall in to the trap that Cornell is just for poodle dog owners--they have some of the best facilities in the world (aka Sloan-Kettering, Rockefeller, etc) and indigent care in the Bronx etc. Cornell and Columbia ane both fabulous schools and you should consider it an honor to be accepted at either one (or both). Harrvaaaaaaaaaard is a great school too, and with time and maturity, I guess you might stop being an angry young man

And to all of you still waiting to hear from Cornell--best of luck. The waiting is awful, but it makes an acceptance even sweeter. Also, if you are waitlisted, don't give up hope. Some of the best and brightest kids get in from the waitlist.

Risa said:

I saw so much activty on this thread, I thought for sure people had heard something. But no, it was just gafft beeing a dumba$$.

golftrippy said:
Haha, nice call...did you notice the Brown ranting he did (which I guess he regretted and deleted? He's awesome at life

...sorry to hijack the thread...good luck everyone on cornell!

I may have VERY good reasons to rant about Brown.

somewhere2010 said:

Don't cry for me, Argentina....

ACCEPTED TO CORNELL!! Go ahead and bite my ass...no harder... HAAAAHAAA... Gotta go party. See ya..................

Just got the acceptance email. Be ready for good news, folks!

congrats you guys!

:luck: to everyone else waiting!

basfan2000 said:
Just got the acceptance email. Be ready for good news, folks!

What (s)he said!

Just checked my email.....Nothing yet.

I wonder if they send them out in a batch or one by one.

NunoBR said:

Me neither :(

Can you guys post the time that the e-mail was stamped? If everyone has the same time, then they probably just sent a batch.

NunoBR said:

Strange about the emails. Why did the secretary say they weren't going to send them by email?

Nothing in my inbox, by the way.

tkdusb said:
Me neither :(

Can you guys post the time that the e-mail was stamped? If everyone has the same time, then they probably just sent a batch.

T/D stamp: 13:55:47 -0500

NunoBR said:

Just got an acceptance via email. It was sent at 1:56 PM.

Got acceptance email at 10:55am (PST)!! Ohhhhhh yea!!!!!!!!!!

basfan2000 said:
T/D stamp: 13:55:47 -0500

Damn. That was half an hour ago. I suppose there is life beyond Cornell.

It definitely seems like a batch e-mail.

tkdusb said:
Damn. That was half an hour ago. I suppose there is life beyond Cornell.

It definitely seems like a batch e-mail.

Agreed.
Def seems batch email.

NYU it is then. Happy anyway.

PS: Although, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
And she may sing tomorrow. You never know.

Same time for me.

I was wondering, has anyone ever heard current/former Cornell med students say anything POSITIVE about their PBL-focused curriculum?

EDIT: And :luck: to everyone that hasn't heard yet...this could be just one round of acceptances.

bobob said:
I was wondering, has anyone ever heard current/former Cornell med students say anything POSITIVE about their PBL-focused curriculum?
No, sorry. :smuggrin:

bobob said:
Same time for me.

EDIT: And :luck: to everyone that hasn't heard yet...this could be just one round of acceptances.
I remember talking to some students at Cornell who loved the PBL curriculm, not for its own merits per se, but because it allowed them more freedom to do things like explore NYC and advance their own personal academic interests.

Man I hope that was only one wave of acceptances. I was really looking forward to going back to NYC and exploring the city/school under less stressful conditions.

Bluntman said:
Man I hope that was only one wave of acceptances. I was really looking forward to going back to NYC and exploring the city/school under less stressful conditions.

I really hope so too. Maybe it is only one wave since there wasn't as big of a flood of people who've reported their acceptances compared to other acceptance threads I've looked at.

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!!! (Just got the email...) :clap: :clap: :clap:

airflare said:
I really hope so too. Maybe it is only one wave since there wasn't as big of a flood of people who've reported their acceptances compared to other acceptance threads I've looked at.

WORD.....