Latest Date to Take DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pelotari

Pelotari
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

What would be the very last day to take the DAT and still get into Dental School in 2007? I am planning to take the DAT in August (late?) and I am not sure if this would be too late. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pelotari said:
Hi,

What would be the very last day to take the DAT and still get into Dental School in 2007? I am planning to take the DAT in August (late?) and I am not sure if this would be too late. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

August is fine. However, if you happen to not do as well as expected time does not really give you an opportunity for a retake. :cool:

I disagree, I think you should take it sooner. I took my DATs in the middle of August which was too late for some schools like UOP. Although my application was submitted early June, my late DATs were a problem for me...sort of.

well, im taking mine in August... You just have to try to plan on getting those scores there around the same time as the AADSAS app gets there... So if u figure you submit your app on June 1st, it takes 4-6 weeks for your GPA and transcripts to get verified.... then another 4 weeks for it to get to your schools, so thats about 2 months, give or take a week or two, probably give :sleep: So take your dat at the begining of August like me, and it should be submitted to the school around mid August. I think you will be fine, just know you are not the only one doing the same thing ;)