University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teething

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
New to the site but have been reading the posts for quite some time now. It seems like a lot of you are headed to California and East Coast schools. Just wondered what everyone's take was on the University of Washington. I've heard some awesome things about the school, although extremely competitive. I'm part of the 2003 application cycle and would love to be a Husky. Any feedback on your opinion of UW would be very appreciated. Also, if you were accepted to UW, would you mind posting your stats? Thanks

I love this site!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Teething,

I'm a Husky right now, and I'm applying to Dental school for the 2003 application cycle as well. UW is probably THE best dental school, and this is without bias. Two years ago UW dental school's entering class had a higher entering gpa than the medical school which is 1st in primary care. Their DAT scores are by far the highest of any school in the US, including Harvard. I don't know about this years entering class, but I know 4 people getting accepted and they all had 24+ Academic average. Last year's stats were 22 DAT and 20 PAT. Also, UW caters to state residents and the class size is very small. ~50, but 55 maximum. So if you are applying from out of state it is a very thin wire you need to cross, but it can be done with at least a 3.8 GPA and 23+ DAT scores. What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking? I maybe able to give you a more personal advice. PM me or email me.

Regards,
DesiDentist

i agree with desi. UW is one of the top schools in the country. you arent going to see very much written about it here on the sdn. and thats because it is so difficult to get into. if you arent a washington resident, there is little chance of getting in. and if you dont live in a western state, it's even less.