Any White Christian Male pre-meds out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xanthomondo

nom nom nom
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have all of the other races/sexes/religions, why not this one too?

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, the white christian premeds have a long history in medical history. You will be in good company here. ;)

taylormade44 said:

Well I'm white and male, but an atheist. So I guess my search for my own thread continues...

Members don't see this ad :)
taylormade44 said:
:thumbup: let us all unite!

taylormade44 said:
we would like to invite you to feel home in this thread...ill even change the title for you if youd like lol

Awww I'm really touched :D

i'm not a white male :oops: , but i'm a christian. :D

hi you guys!

Oye, look mommy the man from West Texas is a Christian although non-practicing, I am so surprised. ;)

I wonder how many times people will make these threads thinking they were the first to do so on SDN. I've honestly never seen so many people trying to re-invent the wheel. :laugh:

Rafa said:
I wonder how many times people will make these threads thinking they were the first to do so on SDN. I've honestly never seen so many people trying to re-invent the wheel. :laugh:
But you've never seen a human thread, admit it!

Edit: As for reinventing the wheel, check out the score release thread in the MCAT forum, there were at least 30 ppl "announcing" the shocking news of the June 20th score release :D

EddieIndy said:
But you've never seen a human thread, admit it!

True. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
when I see this thread, I think a) W.A.S.P 's or b) born-again's...either way it's a Republican country club.... I don't think a nice Catholic boy like me will fit in here ;)

The Man of Integrity Walks Securely Proverbs 10:9

Rafa said:
Yeah, someone has to create a list of pre-allo motifs. I'm sure I did the same when I first came here though

Nadal!

I almost lost it when I saw this thread! :laugh:

you guys are funny

Rafa said:

Touche

I'll categorize this one as a "Subtle Right-Wing Commentary" Thread.

One of these a week, by my estimation.

Any caucasian-but-doesn't-care nondenominational androgynous pre-meds out there?

ADeadLois said:
I'll categorize this one as a "Subtle Right-Wing Commentary" Thread.

One of these a week, by my estimation.

Why do people have to hate on a thread like this? It's as if the very existence of a white male christian premed is so "un-PC" that it's actually offensive to people.

I'm a little surprised that Big Brother didn't close it already.

NotAnMD said:
Why do people have to hate on a thread like this? It's as if the very existence of a white male christian premed is so "un-PC" that it's actually offensive to people.

Eh. The threads are passive-aggressive. You get what you give.

I'm a little surprised that Big Brother didn't close it already.

Indeed. What with Bush's NSA spying on all of us, we both probably got added to some list.

Big Brother moved my Human premeds thread to the lounge... The anti-Human sentiment is growing beyond reasonable proportions in this forum! :(

I'm mormon, and certainly feel like I belong in a christian thread....doubtless that others will argue.

Interestingly, according to acceptance stats, the proportion of white/christian/male applicants to total applicants will be ALOT greater than the proportion of accepted white/christian/male applicants to total accepted applicants.

Am I right?

Don't worry ryan, I won't argue with you, of course that's because I'm LDS also.

It'd be interesting to see the stats for that.

Rafa said:
Eh. The threads are passive-aggressive. You get what you give.

Only if you interpret it that way. I really don't think that was the intention of the OP.

I am a white, Christian male, who will be a freshmen Pre-Med this fall.. :)

I'm a white Christian male and I'm applying to medical school this year. :)

ryandote said:
I'm mormon, and certainly feel like I belong in a christian thread....doubtless that others will argue.

Interestingly, according to acceptance stats, the proportion of white/christian/male applicants to total applicants will be ALOT greater than the proportion of accepted white/christian/male applicants to total accepted applicants.

Am I right?
you are absolutely right; perhaps the most discriminated against group :(

Psycho Doctor said:
you are absolutely right; perhaps the most discriminated against group :(

:(

If white males acceptance rates are lower than everyone elses, we should be able say we are URM :(

Dr.Andrews said:
:(

If white males acceptance rates are lower than everyone elses, we should be able say we are URM :(
well we aren't under-represented because there are sooo many more white "Christian" males applying, but we are also the ones who really have to prove overselves above and beyond everyone else...

Psycho Doctor said:
well we aren't under-represented because there are sooo many more white "Christian" males applying, but we are also the ones who really have to prove overselves above and beyond everyone else...

Hi Psycho.

That's why I said acceptance rates. For example, if 10000 white males apply and 3000 get in, their acceptance rate is 30%.

Sometimes I feel there is no point in even talking about it, because we can't do anything. It just helps to vent my frustrations though.... :(

NotAnMD said:
Only if you interpret it that way. I really don't think that was the intention of the OP.

Look at the posts since yours. It's turning into a "woe are we white men" thread, AKA an anti-AA thread already. :laugh: Beneath every joke is a serious intent.

proud white, christian male here (i belong to the middle class as well). gee wiz, three strikes and i'm out!

: :
Rafa said:
Look at the posts since yours. It's turning into a "woe are we white men" thread, AKA an anti-AA thread already. :laugh: Beneath every joke is a serious intent.

i agree..when i saw the title of this thread i laughed..yeah i feel so, so sorry for you guys!! :thumbdown:

Dr.Andrews said:
Hi Psycho.

That's why I said acceptance rates. For example, if 10000 white males apply and 3000 get in, their acceptance rate is 30%.

Sometimes I feel there is no point in even talking about it, because we can't do anything. It just helps to vent my frustrations though.... :(
yea i knew you said rates, and that does affect it more but somehow I doubt it's going to be statistically significant, or maybe it will be, but as you said, nobody cares. furthermore the reason the rates are so much lower is because of AA favoring the URM, which then makes it all circular...

Psycho Doctor said:
yea i knew you said rates, and that does affect it more but somehow I doubt it's going to be statistically significant, or maybe it will be, but as you said, nobody cares. furthermore the reason the rates are so much lower is because of AA favoring the URM, which then makes it all circular...

You really think that the URM's that get into med school due to AA are significantly bringing that percentage down. Have you ever seen a med school class?

taylormade44 said:

b/c it is assumed you are present.

WASPM's have that ever present hand that controls the growth of society...everyone else is simply a piece on a chessboard that can be moved.

MarzMD said:
You really think that the URM's that get into med school due to AA are significantly bringing that percentage down. Have you ever seen a med school class?
hey i was the one who said i didn't think it was statistically significant; and we're talking about rates, not whole numbers.

and have I seen a med school class?...hmmm..i hope so since i just completed my first year of med school :rolleyes:

Psycho Doctor said:
hey i was the one who said i didn't think it was statistically significant; and we're talking about rates, not whole numbers.

and have I seen a med school class?...hmmm..i hope so since i just completed my first year of med school :rolleyes:

Rhetorical question smarty :)

When I get to med school, I want to have a nice long conversation with one of my white classmates about the AA topic. I dont understand some of the gripes I hear on SDN so I would like to hear it from their perspective.

My Y-Chromosome Haplogoup is the I1a group so that means I am about as white as you can get. And about the Christian part, if I had to believe in fairy tales, I guess Christianity or Zoroastrianism would be my choices.

As an interesting side note, I am not from Northern Europe or the British Isles.

MarzMD said:
Rhetorical question smarty :)

When I get to med school, I want to have a nice long conversation with one of my white classmates about the AA topic. I dont understand some of the gripes I hear on SDN so I would like to hear it from their perspective.
Just find someone who introduces themselves as being from Eastern KY. You'll have an endless debate there.

UMP said:
when I see this thread, I think a) W.A.S.P 's or b) born-again's...either way it's a Republican country club.... I don't think a nice Catholic boy like me will fit in here ;)

Why do born-agains have to be Republican?

I personally hate the Republican party.

Anastasis said:
Why do born-agains have to be Republican?

I personally hate the Republican party.

I once pretended to be born again over the phone so the mother would let me talk to her daughter in high school.

Does that count?