April MCATers Submit AMCAS already? part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone--

Just curious--who submitted their AMCAS last night after seeing their April, 2006 score? Right now my screens say: "Ready for Review." They have my transcripts! Thank Jeebus.

I wonder how long it will take those of us who took the plunge on 6/19 to get verified and start getting secondaries. I bet there are a ton of us with the EXACT SAME TIME STAMP on our applications, too! Guess it depends how fast you can put that credit card number in! Woo!

I am excited and terrified at the same time. :luck:

UPDATE: I got verified 6/23 at 12 noon. I submitted 6/19 at 10pm. As of 6/26, I have three secondary invitations (via email) :thumbup:

EDIT: IF YOU'RE COMING FROM THE FAQ, proceed to the LAST PAGE of this thread to find the MOST RECENT LIST! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted last night! I was so scared to push that submit button even though I read through the application 5 times. Let's hope they move quickly! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I waited until this afternoon to submit mine - I wanted to do one more final proofread. Now I'm $550 poorer :eek:

Jackie...you read my mind in starting this thread! I was wondering how many people jumped on this between last night and today. It looks like I'll be a couple of days behind all of you...I'm still kickin' around that damn PS and the description of my work experience / activities.

To all...may your AMCAS be verified swiftly and the secondaries be abundant!

I didnt quite submit mine yet, was procrastinating waiting to see the MCAT scores before filling out everything (giggle), in the same boat as danjo above me

i am on the verge of submitting. a few last editting things (mostly i am just nervous to hit the button). could you guys maybe look at my mdapps and give me suggestions on where to apply??? please please please thanks

Yeah, I know a lot of people who didn't even fill out the AMCAS (like, at all!) before seeing their scores yesterday. Just wondering how many of us were living on the edge of submitting it until we got the score.

"Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear. Whooooaaaa Oh! Livin' on a prayer"

Heh.

i submitted mine friday afternoon, to beat the mcat rush, if you will. it's still "ready to review." wonder how long the line is...

spospo said:
i am on the verge of submitting. a few last editting things (mostly i am just nervous to hit the button). could you guys maybe look at my mdapps and give me suggestions on where to apply??? please please please thanks

spospo, you know you can just submit your AMCAS with the schools you're sure about and add others later. your app isn't going to be sent to the schools until they verify it, anyway.

(this is what i did.)

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey everyone--

Just curious--who submitted their AMCAS last night after seeing their April, 2006 score? Right now my screens say: "Ready for Review." They have my transcripts! Thank Jeebus.

I wonder how long it will take those of us who took the plunge on 6/19 to get verified and start getting secondaries. I bet there are a ton of us with the EXACT SAME TIME STAMP on our applications, too! Guess it depends how fast you can put that credit card number in! Woo!

I am excited and terrified at the same time. :luck:
Submitted on 6/5, verified soon thereafter and ready to be looked at by MD schools. Many do not review them until July, but they go by batches according to when they were submitted. Best of luck.

Hey! as soon as someone gets a verification (someone who submitted 6/19) let us know-- :D

I check my score last night at 10:05pm and then submitted my AMCAS app at like 10:20pm. AMCAS peeps please verify everyone's apps quickly. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
ltrain said:
i submitted mine friday afternoon, to beat the mcat rush, if you will. it's still "ready to review." wonder how long the line is...
Me too. I was going to add some schools after my scores came back. Decided not to.

I'll let y'all know when mine is verified. Shouldn't be too long after that for you guys.

yeah what are the current estimates on verification times? i sent mine in earlier today, sounds like it was on the late side for some of the folks here, but it certainly should be processed before secondaries are released in the beginning of july, right?

i would think people who got theirs in on friday will have processed by the end of this week and i would be disappointed if it took longer than 2 weeks for people submitting yesterday/today to be verified this early in the application season.

Well. That is why I started this thread. To see when we submitted versus when we got verified, assuming that transcripts were already in.

"Ready for Review" baby! :cool:

It is probably good that it takes a few days because I need a little time to simmer down after the MCAT score release and after submitting my AMCAS. Oh, the drama. :sleep:

I submitted about 10 minutes after I got my scores last night. ;) They've had my transcripts (from all three schools) since mid-May.

Kind of silly since I'm doing an EDP. They'll look at me early as long as I submit before 8/1 but I wanted to get it done ASAP anyway. ;)

oxeye said:
I submitted about 10 minutes after I got my scores last night. ;) They've had my transcripts (from all three schools) since mid-May.

Kind of silly since I'm doing an EDP. They'll look at me early as long as I submit before 8/1 but I wanted to get it done ASAP anyway. ;)

Oxeye, see this is what I was talking about. I am sure we all have the exact same time-stamps on our apps. Where are you applying EDP?

I heart that baby photo too, by the way. :thumbup:

I submitted mine 6/1/06, before my MCAT score came out...yeah I'm a wild one.

DoctorNick83 said:
I submitted mine 6/1/06, before my MCAT score came out...yeah I'm a wild one.

Um, I thought AMCAS didn't start accepting applications until June 5th?? :confused:

so why do you guys think that little message is up on the AMCAS log in page?? because they have a ton off apps coming in and are way too busy to take phone calls? too many of the super over anxious premeds calling in wanting to know what is going on with their app? or do you think that they are having a really big office party both today and tomorrow that is going to last 6 hrs both days?

oxeye said:
Wow, I submitted Monday night and my AMCAS is already verified!!! :eek:

Okay. So mine should get verified today as well. Let's go AMCAS!

Anyone else submit Monday night and get verified today? :eek:

Here's my submission/processed date and time info right off the application -

SUBMISSION DATE: 06/19/2006 10:16 PM PROCESSED DATE: 06/21/2006 12:58 PM

They didn't need to correct anything - I think I've read some places that it takes longer to process if they need to correct transcript stuff or things like that.

Anastasis said:
Whoa - I submitted last friday and mine isn't processed. I hope nothing is wrong :scared:

You know what? I bet different processors have huge groups of them.
Do you think they are even working today between 1 and 7? I wonder if anyone will get processed today.

Anastasis said:
Whoa - I submitted last friday and mine isn't processed. I hope nothing is wrong :scared:

Yeah, me too! Well, maybe they're busy boosting our gpas ;)

Submitted my amcas 11:30pm on 6/19 and was verified 6/20 at 1:31pm....but for me it makes no difference since I am applying to a EDP, so now I'm waiting on the online secondary to open july 1st.... ALL THIS WAITING IS KILLING ME!!

bearkat1 said:
Submitted my amcas 11:30pm on 6/19 and was verified 6/20 at 1:31pm....but for me it makes no difference since I am applying to a EDP, so now I'm waiting on the online secondary to open july 1st.... ALL THIS WAITING IS KILLING ME!!

Okay so there are people who have gotten them back. Shoot! When are they going to verify the rest of us? :luck:

I hope they are boosting the GPAS!!
Watch, once we get the 2nd-aries we aren't going to want them!!! :laugh:

oxeye said:
They didn't need to correct anything - I think I've read some places that it takes longer to process if they need to correct transcript stuff or things like that.

This is exactly why I'm giving my AMCAS the old thrice over with a fine-toothed comb! I am banking on the fact that when I finally do finish my PS, that I will have a relatively fast turnaround time for verification.

bearkat1 said:

I wonder if the quick turnaround we both had was due to applying EDP?? I am doing EDP as well.

I submitted on June 15th and they're still waiting for my transcripts. The pre-med advisor at my school told us not to send in transcripts before you submit because they might throw them out. Apparently that's not true...TMDSAS is 1/3, but AMCAS is 0/3...HURRY UP SNAIL MAIL!

Anastasis said:

don't worry ana, you're still ahead of the game, and with your mcat score, you have nothin to worry about!

hmm well the EDP thing certainly makes sense, sounds like wait times have been pretty short for people submitting before the mcat release though. perhaps they worked overtime to get all those done in time for the rush. either way, it will be interesting to see when the first non-edp, post-mcat submitter is verified.

Woot! Finally submitted my AMCAS at 6:18 CST PM!! Time for secondaries!!

jackieMD2007 said:
Okay so there are people who have gotten them back. Shoot! When are they going to verify the rest of us? :luck:

I hope they are boosting the GPAS!!
Watch, once we get the 2nd-aries we aren't going to want them!!! :laugh:

Seriously...I don't want the secondaries. I just want it verified so I can try and completely forget about applying for a couple weeks :)

DrVanNostran said:

You go DVN! You get down with your bad Chi-Town applying self! Weeee!!! :D

DrVanNostran said:

Well done DVN! I think our lists are pretty much the same size (~30 schools?). Feeling poor tonight :oops: . Submitted at 9:14 MST today (21June06). I'll update when verified.

Bring on the 2ndaries. Cheers to all!

sandros1 said:
Well done DVN! I think our lists are pretty much the same size (~30 schools?). Feeling poor tonight :oops: . Submitted at 9:14 MST today (21June06). I'll update when verified.

yes definitely let us know when you get verified.
Besides our EDP friends, it doesn't look like ANYONE (regular decision) who submitted on 6-19-06 is verified yet :mad: but I am sure they are working on it. That note about them not being available for like 6 hours a day makes me think that they are either
1. Working overtime to get them verified or
2. Not working on them, doing other staff things.
:rolleyes:

sandros1 said:

All I can say is oh s***, I just went crazy. I won't be in school the next year and will be working downtown and part time teaching MCAT so I decided all my finances will go towards my applications basically lol.

Deal with my parents:
1. I live at home this year and help out.
2. I will pay for 50% my application fees
3. My mom will not ask who my friends are and why I am coming home late.
4. My parents will pay for interiews
5. If I get in, I get to go on one hell of a vacation :thumbup:

All in All--41 AMCAS schools, about 12 reaches and soon to be 3 TMDSAS schools :eek:

jackieMD2007 said:
yes definitely let us know when you get verified.
Besides our EDP friends, it doesn't look like ANYONE (regular decision) who submitted on 6-19-06 is verified yet :mad: but I am sure they are working on it. That note about them not being available for like 6 hours a day makes me think that they are either
1. Working overtime to get them verified or
2. Not working on them, doing other staff things.
:rolleyes:

Maybe they had to work overtime to get the MCATs out so their bosses gave them vacation!

DrVanNostran said:
All I can say is oh s***, I just went crazy. I won't be in school the next year and will be working downtown and part time teaching MCAT so I decided all my finances will go towards my applications basically lol.

Deal with my parents:
1. I live at home this year and help out.
2. I will pay for 50% my application fees
3. My mom will not ask who my friends are and why I am coming home late.
4. My parents will pay for interiews
5. If I get in, I get to go on one hell of a vacation :thumbup:

All in All--41 AMCAS schools, about 12 reaches and soon to be 3 TMDSAS schools :eek:

DVN, could i possibly see a list of the school to which you are applying, you can PM me with it if you want. thanks

goooooo gunners!

I'm in the slow lane for now...I still have to finish my PS, but I'm applying MD/PhD/MSTP, so I had a few extra essays to work on ;)

I'm planning to finish that up next week, send my essays around for people to read and revise (feel free to offer your services! :D), and then submit around July 1.

scentimint said:
goooooo gunners!

I'm in the slow lane for now...I still have to finish my PS, but I'm applying MD/PhD/MSTP, so I had a few extra essays to work on ;)

I'm planning to finish that up next week, send my essays around for people to read and revise (feel free to offer your services! :D), and then submit around July 1.

Correction: MD/Phd<---------->Gunners :D

spospo said:
DVN, could i possibly see a list of the school to which you are applying, you can PM me with it if you want. thanks

Sure I am updating my mdapps pretty soon, thats why its not in my signature. But Ill PM you later today once I get the List finalized, I might add one more school :laugh:

DrVanNostran said:
Correction: MD/Phd<---------->Gunners :D

What about the Undercover Gunners? :laugh:
I have always been the furthest thing from a gunner, so I pretend that deep down inside I have a little Gunner version of myself in a med student coat, wearing sunglasses, all undercover.

Status
Not open for further replies.