Does pod school, like, end at 3pm or wat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Catayst

Hardest working man in toe business
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This one's for whiskers

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm not Whiskers but I look at classes like a job. I get to school about 30-45 minutes before class and study before class. Then I stay on campus until about 4-5. If you treat it like a job, you will get more out of your education. I'm not one who believes that you need to study 12 hours a day. Get 3-5 hours of productive studying and you will find that you are very prepared for class.

Hey dr.feel good,

I think it was a joke.

you need to get your face out of the books and pay more attention to the posts on SDN :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually just found out DMU is done by noon, though doc is right if you study right after class and organize the day's lecture you remember it alot better

krabmas said:
Hey dr.feel good,

I think it was a joke.

you need to get your face out of the books and pay more attention to the posts on SDN :smuggrin:

There are no jokes in life. My dad was a stand up comic and he died telling jokes. He fell right off the stage doing and impression of a guy running from bees. So let's get rid of the jokes b/c humor can and does kill!!!!

Dr_Feelgood said:
There are no jokes in life. My dad was a stand up comic and he died telling jokes. He fell right off the stage doing and impression of a guy running from bees. So let's get rid of the jokes b/c humor can and does kill!!!!

for real?

If I can't joke then I'll have nothing to say... um, uh. hmmm... see nothing :eek:

Schedules are a very important factor to consider when purchasing a podiatric education.

A decent school, in my opinion, will give the students a generous amount of time to study and absorb the material. If they don't then your potentially at a disadvantage compared with students at schools that allocate more study time to their students. Honestly, I think that this is one of the essentials of any well-respected academic program.

It's great to have professors read old power point presentations all day long and cram a ton of information into their presentation, but the students need enough time to actually learn it.

Before applying to any school, ask to see a schedule for the first year .

If they can't or won't do that, I'd suggest saving yourself the unpredictability and applying elsewhere.

Again, in my opinion, schools with lots of full time faculty (who are allowed more time to teach) are the way to go. They have one job and one work obligation.... the students at one school.

whiskers said:
Schedules are a very important factor to consider when purchasing a podiatric education.

A decent school, in my opinion, will give the students a generous amount of time to study and absorb the material. If they don't then your potentially at a disadvantage compared with students at schools that allocate more study time to their students. Honestly, I think that this is one of the essentials of any well-respected academic program.

It's great to have professors read old power point presentations all day long and cram a ton of information into their presentation, but the students need enough time to actually learn it.

Before applying to any school, ask to see a schedule for the first year .

If they can't or won't do that, I'd suggest saving yourself the unpredictability and applying elsewhere.

Again, in my opinion, schools with lots of full time faculty (who are allowed more time to teach) are the way to go. They have one job and one work obligation.... the students at one school.
On this sane note, which school's have the longest and which the shortest days?

your - possesive form. example: you have your own don't touch mine.

you're - you are.

just my OCD taking over :laugh:

doclm said:
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/scpm/
Check out Scholl's first year schedule.

Is this the norm?

for 1st and 2nd year NYCPM is pretty similar but 3rd year we are in the clinic or at a hospital rotation everyday except for 2 rotations that have only 3 days of clinic and 2 days of workshops.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I laughed at this

krabmas said:
your - possesive form. example: you have your own don't touch mine.

you're - you are.

just my OCD taking over :laugh:

grammer police omg run REZE REREERRE REERERW siren onomonapia how do you spell that word haha

Catayst said:
Actually just found out DMU is done by noon, though doc is right if you study right after class and organize the day's lecture you remember it alot better

Well, dont be mistaken. Classes are done at noon but there are plenty of labs in the afternoon. Dont most schools follow this format?

doclm said:
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/scpm/
Check out Scholl's first year schedule.

Is this the norm?

The 1st year schedule at CPMS is different. We have more lectures in the morning and our classes start and stop more frequently. We don't have as many labs like histology. Our histology labs are give on-line and can be reviewed at your leisure. Most of our classes are done at noon with labs in the afternoon (mainly anatomy and physical diagnosis).

2nd year is completely different. We have a systems approach at the beginning of year and then podiatric lectures in the second half. We again are usually done by noon. We also work in the clinic at the end of the 2nd year.

3rd year is different again. We have a lot of clinical in the 3rd year so we only have 4 formal classes in the first semester, and problem based learning in the 2nd semester

4th year is also different CPMS. We don't have to rotate at any affiliated hospital so you are free to plan when and where you go for the whole 4th year.

We also don't get Columbus Day off. :laugh:

WAIT!!! We don't get columbus day off. Now maybe I should have looked at the schedule a little closer, but they did not tell me this on the interview...

Hmm, I think I may transfer schools now, I mean I could just skip that day and celebrate but I think it's the moral of the issue that they don't cherish Columbus day, pretty much the biggest holiday in the US (next to a few larger ones of course)

dpmrunner said:
WAIT!!! We don't get columbus day off. Now maybe I should have looked at the schedule a little closer, but they did not tell me this on the interview...

Hmm, I think I may transfer schools now, I mean I could just skip that day and celebrate but I think it's the moral of the issue that they don't cherish Columbus day, pretty much the biggest holiday in the US (next to a few larger ones of course)

Agreed, but we cannot forget Flag Day or Take Your Dog to Work Day.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Agreed, but we cannot forget Flag Day or Take Your Dog to Work Day.

If we look at the facts it has been a federal holiday since 1971, I know Iowa can be slow but when will they get with it.

Anyways I think we should also show our appreciation for administrative assistants' day (formerly known as secretary's day), arbor day, and of course groundhog day, who can forget groundhog day after Bill Murray