I want to freak out the SDNers applying this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zach1201

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just perusing some MDapplicant profiles and I noticed somebody had an interview from University of Michigan already.

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6098

Have fun freaking out!

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh:
zach1201 said:
Just perusing some MDapplicant profiles and I noticed somebody had an interview from University of Michigan already.

Have fun freaking out!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!!

Good thing I didn't apply there. :laugh:

Plus, the guy just got an invitation. He hasn't interviewed yet. And other schols are already handing out invites (TX, some)....so you're not freaking anyone out. Still early.

Members don't see this ad :)
I happened to see a bunch of kids in suits walking around the medical school at Maryland today. Haven't seen that since interviews ended.

Probably weren't interviewing, but who knows...

Schaden Freud said:
Please stop talking.

OMG! This line alone brought back Mean Girls memories. I love that movie. Oh the sillyness....

TCIrish03 said:
Ann Arbor is a *****

sure is...you should see what she was doing with Madison after a few too many tequila shots....

:wow:

UMich does auto-interviews if the stats are high enough. That's normal.

**yawn** what's new?

ADeadLois said:
I trust that site almost as much as the physical descriptions on dating service websites.

amen.

ADeadLois said:
I trust that site almost as much as the physical descriptions on dating service websites.

Hey there, the mdapplicants profile in question is mine, and I promise that at least in my case, it's 100% accurate! UMich sends interview invites with secondaries to applicants with certain stats (I believe 3.8/36+ for out of state).

Thanks for the laugh ADeadLois.

Cheers

zach1201 said:

Have fun freaking out!

UMich hands out automatic interview invites to those with the right numbers. Like this guy with a 37.

Edit: It would seem 'this guy' has already replied.

durfen said:
UMich hands out automatic interview invites to those with the right numbers. Like this guy with a 37.

Edit: It would seem 'this guy' has already replied.

I work at UM's Cancer Center and I just walked over to the admissions office. They have not HAD any interviews yet. Rather, they have given them out and are shedualing them. .

dittozip said:
I work at UM's Cancer Center and I just walked over to the admissions office. They have not HAD any interviews yet. Rather, they have given them out and are shedualing them. Dime Bag Darell has misrepresented the situation.

Actually it is listed on my mdapplicants profile as "invited for interview," which is not a misrepresentation. Also, many other people on this site have received interview invites; I don't know why this is attracting attention.

Good luck everyone!

my appology. yes i see that now. and you are right, UM gives auto interviews. being around ann arbor you hear this a lot.

Wait, I already have a couple of acceptances...

Oh...you guys are referring to THIS cycle? I thought you were talking about last year...haha

Hope I didn't freak anyone out too much :laugh: