E-mail from Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gabujabu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like MCW, did anyone get an e-mail from SLU? This is the 3rd MCAT-related e-mail I've gotten (Army, MCW, SLU). People from last year, will there be even more (like college admissions)?

Dear <APPLICANT>,

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance and who manifest in their personal lives those human qualities compatible with a career of service to society. The University's mission statement affirms the value of a diverse educational environment to prepare students for life and work in a global society. Beyond the important objective of training competent physicians who are scholars of human biology, the School strives to graduate physicians who manifest in their personal and professional attitudes that reflect the Jesuit spirit and values, and affect the physician's interactions with patients and colleagues, and with society.

For more information about the school, please visit our web site: http://medschool.slu.edu/admissions.

Committee on Admissions
Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Gabujabu said:
Like MCW, did anyone get an e-mail from SLU? This is the 3rd MCAT-related e-mail I've gotten (Army, MCW, SLU). People from last year, will there be even more (like college admissions)?

Dear <APPLICANT>,

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance and who manifest in their personal lives those human qualities compatible with a career of service to society. The University's mission statement affirms the value of a diverse educational environment to prepare students for life and work in a global society. Beyond the important objective of training competent physicians who are scholars of human biology, the School strives to graduate physicians who manifest in their personal and professional attitudes that reflect the Jesuit spirit and values, and affect the physician's interactions with patients and colleagues, and with society.

For more information about the school, please visit our web site: http://medschool.slu.edu/admissions.

Committee on Admissions

yawn

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance and who manifest in their personal lives those human qualities compatible with a career of service to society. The University's mission statement affirms the value of a diverse educational environment to prepare students for life and work in a global society. Beyond the important objective of training competent physicians who are scholars of human biology, the School strives to graduate physicians who manifest in their (<--delete "in their"?) personal and professional (lives?) attitudes that reflect the Jesuit spirit and values, and affect the physician's interactions with patients and colleagues, and with society.

I like the lack of concern for commonly accepted English sentence construction. Shows creativity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gabujabu said:

Dear <APPLICANT>,

Committee on Admissions

Hey, I was the first to post on this! ;)

Why are people flummoxed by these e-mails? Who gives a ****?

I got one today as well.

Schaden Freud said:
Why are people flummoxed by these e-mails? Who gives a ****?

Yeah, for real. I couldn't care less about emails that I get from schools.

By the way, ADeadLois was the very first to post about this school. We are all, of course, very proud of her but we should stand up and give her recognition for this little-known but very important fact. Kudos to Lois. :D

defrunner said:
Yeah, for real. I couldn't care less about emails that I get from schools.

By the way, ADeadLois was the very first to post about this school. We are all, of course, very proud of her but we should stand up and give her recognition for this little-known but very important fact. Kudos to Lois. :D

Thanks for the kudos, but I am in fact male and my name is not Lois. My SN is a reference to a Family Guy quote. It's a common mistake here; no worries. :p

ADeadLois said:
Thanks for the kudos, but I am in fact male and my name is not Lois. My SN is a reference to a Family Guy quote. It's a common mistake here; no worries. :p

Haha yeah I was thinking of adding a second post and asking if you were male because I wasn't really sure but I had second thoughts because it wouldve seemed too anal on my part.

As for the FG reference, that was immediately obvious. It's only one of my favorite shows of all time. My favorite character (other than Stewie) is Chris. He cracks me up.

ADeadLois said:

I was about to correct, but then saw that you took care of that already! :thumbup:

I like the part where Chris gets sucked into the A-ha "Take on Me" video in the grocery store. Classic.

I saw St. Louis and I thought I got my secondary for Wash U. And then I was dissapointed. Stupid St. Louis University.

defrunner said:
Haha yeah I was thinking of adding a second post and asking if you were male because I wasn't really sure but I had second thoughts because it wouldve seemed too anal on my part.

As for the FG reference, that was immediately obvious. It's only one of my favorite shows of all time. My favorite character (other than Stewie) is Chris. He cracks me up.

"Excuse me sir, but you cannot park your VAN on the diving board."

Man that was funny. :laugh:
-Dr. P.

The funniest part of this email, is that nowhere does it say that you were selected in particular and that they want you to apply.

The beginning is very non-desricpt "Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance "

haha well im glad that applications from students who have a high level of acedemic performance is encouraged... now what about me?