BU Optional Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skkskillz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone doing the optional essay at the end of BU's secondary where they ask for additional information?

If so, on what?

Members don't see this ad.

skkskillz said:
Is anyone doing the optional essay at the end of BU's secondary where they ask for additional information?

If so, on what?

I didn't fill it out, I feel my Personal statement speaks for itself and says enough about me as a person outside of my stats and such. Don't put anything in that optional part that would just be a repeat of what they can already see on your primary.

I didn't fill it out either. My PS is much better written and says more about me than anything I could put there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I put a short essay just because I already written an optional one for another school and I feel like those are trick questions. Sounds like most people aren't filling it out so I wouldn't worry about it.

What is the essay prompt about?

I added a short little paragraph about the things I've experienced living in a diverse city like Los Angeles, and how I thought Boston would offer me the same opportunities. Nothing much. Most people I know left it blank. The question about the educational history was more absurd to me, I left that one blank.

i wrote it because i felt like i left out a prevalent aspect of my life that didn't fit in my personal statement or activities page and then i tied it to how that'll make me a better dr. if i didn't have that, i would have left it blank