transcript list...who has the longest??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommy2three

PGY-1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sicne we are all....ummm....older ;) i thought it would be a fun distraction while we anxiously wait for various verifications and secondaries to see who hasthe longest list of transcripts they have had to send off to the application services :) (because we all know that *we* are the reason that verification takes so long....lol)

here are mine:
college of lake county
southern illinois university at carbondale
john a logan community college
back to college of lake county
university of wisconsin - milwaukee
university of wisconsin - parkside (where i finally got my bs)
rosalind franklin university of health sciences
northern illinois university

so that makes it 7....yep you read that right ladies and gentlemen.....7 transcripts submitted and having to be verified

can anyone top that???

Members don't see this ad.

sicne we are all....ummm....older ;) i thought it would be a fun distraction while we anxiously wait for various verifications and secondaries to see who hasthe longest list of transcripts they have had to send off to the application services :) (because we all know that *we* are the reason that verification takes so long....lol)

here are mine:
college of lake county

so that makes it 7....yep you read that right ladies and gentlemen.....7 transcripts submitted and having to be verified

can anyone top that???

amazing. you should have 4 more children to match your transcripts :D :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't beat seven - I "only" had four (*technically* it should be five for the year I spent studying abroad, but that was included in my undergraduate transcript).

i have 6 but I attended two of those schools twice, so AMCAS made me send in 2 copies of each. so that was 8 copies of 6 originals. :laugh: AACOMAS only required the 6 :thumbup: Mommyof3 holds the record. Who will step up and try to defeat her??

Here's another question: how long did your longest transcript request take? My community college took a day while NYU took more than 3 weeks.:mad:

Wow and I thought I had a lot too. I only have like 5. With 3 of them being seperate transcripts from the same school (e.g., undergrad, extesion program, and graduate). I actually have to order these transcripts seperately..doh! I don't think I'm going to go beyond 5....in terms of applying to med school...haha.

Only four here, which I thought was bad enough. The most aggregious thing is that one of my schools was evil enough to charge me $10/transcript. Two were free, and the last was ~ $4.

amazing. you should have 4 more children to match your transcripts :D :p

nope...three is more than enough to keep me busy :)

as for the long list...it is called major change...lol. once upon a time in a land far far away i was a radio-television major :D

Members don't see this ad :)

can anyone top that???

We are tied. I have 7 as well. But it will be more by the time I am ready to apply!

Also UWM is on my list too.

can anyone top that???
I have 12 transcripts, 3 degrees, 1 minor, and currently working on certificate and another Master's. Why? Because every place I've ever lived I enrolled in classes. Besides, I love the hell out of school!:laugh:

Baylor requires separate official copies of all official transcripts sent directly to them. Goodness knows why. I don't know whether any other schools do this to us.

I recommend non-trads with a kazillion transcripts should order official copies sent to themselves in sealed envelopes... That way, especially if there's a time crunch, you can be sure the person with the transcripts (you!) sends them out in a timely fashion.

I had some sitting around from three of my four schools and sent them to Baylor all together enclosed in an outer envelope. No problem.

The fourth school claims they sent it. Baylor says they haven't got it. The fourth school won't send an additional copy for another week, just in case the mail's being slow. Even if I would have been admitted to Baylor already (and I think I elicited from the Baylor office woman the information that I wouldn't have been) -- I wouldn't have been admitted officially yet, because they don't have that stupid transcript!!!

5 transcripts for me.

Louisiana State University - Shreveport
Bossier Parish Community College
Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge
University of Delaware
Delaware Technical & Community College

During my interview at Jefferson last week, the family physician conducting the interview really grilled me hard about going to so many different schools before graduating. All I could tell him is that I lacked focus and direction, had been indecisive, and had made mistakes.

However, I completed 118 hours at the school I finally graduated from (University of Delaware), so I hope that shows I had finally gotten my head on straight and have no problem being committed now.

I think that it might even be more telling to admit how many undergraduate hours we have completed. I have (gulp) 222 hours to my name. That is all undergrad work. I went to UD after the military knowing I had to complete a lot of hours in order to do damage control for a terrible prior GPA.

Seven also.

I received my RN in 1997, and have just taken courses here and there since - for my own personal satisfaction. Now I'm paying for that (about $10 a pop on transcipts). Shame on me for just being intellectually curious :p

Seven transcripts = lots of paperwork. :laugh:

I had 6 schools (one in common with the OP). I just recently had an interview at a DO school and was slightly surprised that one of the interviewers actually asked me to explain why I has so many.
He was a MSIII (not Non-trad) so he probably only had one or two schools. He also asked me to explain the gap of time between my Bachelor's and my Master's. When I answered by giving my work history, one of the other interviewers (a professor) actually laughed and said,'yes, some of us had to do that'.
All in all it was a good experience. Just be prepared to answer some non-trad questions. Another interviewer asked me how I was going to handle being in class with 21 year-olds all day. I am 38 (39 when I start med-school, hopefully).

Mommy2three: I went to SIU-C, too!

SLU
SIU (undergrad/M.S.)
South Alabama (Ph.D)
NIU (continuing ed, but actual classes + genetics)
Waubonsee CC (pre-reqs)

Alas, only 5.

Mommy2three: I went to SIU-C, too!.

and now we may possibly be at niu together ...are you there this semester??
i loved siu-c...just not the stress that came with going there...being the lone female in a male dominated field is not exactly fun (i was in sportscasting) but hey it makes for an interesting interview discussion :D

and now we may possibly be at niu together ...are you there this semester??
i loved siu-c...just not the stress that came with going there...being the lone female in a male dominated field is not exactly fun (i was in sportscasting) but hey it makes for an interesting interview discussion :D

I'm actually taking orgo and physics at Waubonsee this semester and next. Will probably take biochem there next summer or fall. I took Genetics there last year this time.

Baylor requires separate official copies of all official transcripts sent directly to them. Goodness knows why. I don't know whether any other schools do this to us.

I recommend non-trads with a kazillion transcripts should order official copies sent to themselves in sealed envelopes... That way, especially if there's a time crunch, you can be sure the person with the transcripts (you!) sends them out in a timely fashion.

I had some sitting around from three of my four schools and sent them to Baylor all together enclosed in an outer envelope. No problem.

The fourth school claims they sent it. Baylor says they haven't got it. The fourth school won't send an additional copy for another week, just in case the mail's being slow. Even if I would have been admitted to Baylor already (and I think I elicited from the Baylor office woman the information that I wouldn't have been) -- I wouldn't have been admitted officially yet, because they don't have that stupid transcript!!!

??? :mad: When do you find *THIS* out? I'm guessing at the interview?

I haven't had my interview there yet (it's next week) but I know all they have right now is what AMCAS sent them..... so I should order more transcripts now?? Granted the cost is peanuts compared to the cost of med school, but this nickle and dime stuff is making me nuts!!! (OK - rant over.... thanks for listening!!)

Hi everyone,
I'm a veteran lurker.

I have eight transcripts. AMCAS was such a pain--each school had different rules about how to count their classes. I had to have AMCAS fix it twice. And even now there is still one mistake but no harm to me so I let it be. It took FOREVER for my file to be completely verified.

I'm one of the crazies that is applying to only one school. EEEP! I'll introduce myself properly on the non-trad progress thread when I have a chance.

cheers!

Hi everyone,
I'm a veteran lurker.

I have eight transcripts. AMCAS was such a pain--each school had different rules about how to count their classes. I had to have AMCAS fix it twice. And even now there is still one mistake but no harm to me so I let it be. It took FOREVER for my file to be completely verified.

I'm one of the crazies that is applying to only one school. EEEP! I'll introduce myself properly on the non-trad progress thread when I have a chance.

cheers!
I'm most likely only applying to one school too, so I feel your pain!

well, i don't have 7, but it's taken me 4 schools to complete my AS and i'll have to go to at least 2 schools to get my BS. my list is certainly interesting, including schools in both HI and NY. i start at Univ of North FL in january.

i'll have something like 6+ years of credits by the time i actually have a BS. the biggest reason is that my husband is in the military, so i have to transfer when he does.

P.S. i'm glad i'm not the only one planning to apply to just one school!

5...including LSU-Shreveport. 200 hours, B.S., 1/2 a masters.

What gets me is how the different schools require you to obtain them. For some, including one from a very long time ago, I was able to do it online. For others, a fax was required, including my id. Then it was lost, so I had to do it again!! Took almost a month!!

Eight!

I think I'm the new winner(loser?)!

Austin College, Sherman Texas
Northeast Texas Community College
Baylor University
McClennan Community College
San Antonio College
University of Texas at San Antonio
Tyler Junior College
University of Texas at Tyler

I made it through medical school in one shot though. Also just one internship, one residency, and one practice. I got all of my instability out of my system early. :)

I have 12 transcripts, 3 degrees, 1 minor, and currently working on certificate and another Master's. Why? Because every place I've ever lived I enrolled in classes. Besides, I love the hell out of school!:laugh:

Yay, 1Path!! I only have 7 transcripts (but have three degrees). I've been taking classes for the past 13+ years (undergrad + grad + more undergrad) and I, too, love the heck out of school! :) Actually, one of the things that appeals to me about medicine is the need to be constantly updating one's knowledge. I doubt I'll try to get another degree after an MD (well, maybe another Master's...), but I know I'll always be taking classes in some form.

I have 8...BA, post-bac work, and MEd

Yay, 1Path!! I only have 7 transcripts (but have three degrees). I've been taking classes for the past 13+ years (undergrad + grad + more undergrad) and I, too, love the heck out of school! :) Actually, one of the things that appeals to me about medicine is the need to be constantly updating one's knowledge. I doubt I'll try to get another degree after an MD (well, maybe another Master's...), but I know I'll always be taking classes in some form.
I know EXACTLY what you mean about medicine being appealing due to the need for constant knowledge.

I do think I'll probaby earn one more degree after I finish the MD/PhD, and that's an MPH (which I'm already 1/2 done with).THANKFULLY it probably it won't require I attend another school different from the ones I've already attended!:laugh:

<<here are mine:
college of lake county

so that makes it 7....yep you read that right ladies and gentlemen.....7 transcripts submitted and having to be verified>>

I can come close but I dont think I have 7....but here goes...
Leeward Community College (Pearl City, HI)
Hawaii Pacific University
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Northern Virginia Community College
Mary Washington University....wow, only 5...I dont feel so bad anymore:)

I've only got 5 transcripts. All undergrad. Who can beat this though?

As of the end of summer, I had 108 undergrad courses, for a total of 316.5 quarter units (211 semester). And I'm taking at least 40 more quarter units before I apply.

And just one bachelors (in math) to show for it all.

Please don't try this at home. With this much history, if I want to raise my GPA by a half a point (which would be terrific) I have to take another 300 units, all at a 4.0. Um, I'll just focus on that MCAT...

And, of course, I just meant my transcript Hx. :p

Let's see:

2 in U.S (one B.S and one M.S)

Med school 2.5 out of 6 required years from Europe, but most of it was included in my U.S B.S degree. So may be it will fly.

But...the most "screwy" one school of Nursing from Europe as well.

Here is the thing. I'm practicing RN in NY, and of course, my education was verified by the licensing body prior to license issue, after I passed NCLEX in 1992. But from what I understand this school no longer exists, so is this Country in its original version. So, what am I supposed to do? Will my RN license and registration do? Does anyone have same / similar situation?
I was accepted to a few reputable Caribbean schools. They never asked me to provide any foreign transcripts, as long as my license is current :confused:

Thanks

I've got six. I was only enrolled full time in 2 undergrad schools and 1 post-bacc. But every summer I'd be in some weird place taking a transient study course for some requirement that I didn't want take during the school year. So maybe I don't really count.

Anyway, does anybody know how AMCAS adds it all up? I don't know anything about calculating GPAs (fortunately I haven't had to worry about it too much) - but what happens if you get like a 3-credit 3.0 from school A in blahblah 101 and a 6-credit 4.0 from school B in blahblah 102? Just wondering. This is my first post here - so don't everybody reply if you think it's going to change the refreshingly laid back dynamic of this thread into another freak-out fest.

Anyway, does anybody know how AMCAS adds it all up? I don't know anything about calculating GPAs (fortunately I haven't had to worry about it too much) - but what happens if you get like a 3-credit 3.0 from school A in blahblah 101 and a 6-credit 4.0 from school B in blahblah 102? Just wondering. This is my first post here - so don't everybody reply if you think it's going to change the refreshingly laid back dynamic of this thread into another freak-out fest.

GPA = [(grade on 4.0 for class A)(credit hours for class A) + (grade B)(hours B)]/(total number of hours)

using your example:
[(3.0)(3)+(4.0)(6)]/9 = 3.67

hth :)

here are mine:
college of lake county

can anyone top that???

I only have 3 so far, and I am only planning on one more before apply to med school, but I wanted to say hi Mommy2three, I am at Northern Illinois University right now too, although I'm graduating this semester and will be moving on to either Northwestern or Loyola next year to finish my pre-reqs.

I've only got 5 transcripts. All undergrad. Who can beat this though?

As of the end of summer, I had 108 undergrad courses, for a total of 316.5 quarter units (211 semester). And I'm taking at least 40 more quarter units before I apply.

And just one bachelors (in math) to show for it all.

Please don't try this at home. With this much history, if I want to raise my GPA by a half a point (which would be terrific) I have to take another 300 units, all at a 4.0. Um, I'll just focus on that MCAT...

My undergrad transcript for my first degree had 5 transcripts. My post-bacc (all undergrad) have an additional 3 transcripts. My MBA has one transcript and my MS will have another transcript (and hopefully the same as my med school!)

I only had 50 classes to graduate with and will have 26 in post bacc, not including my 19 MBA classes. :( I feel ya. I'm barely going to be floating above a 3.0 (if that even) :( I'm getting to that 3.0 mark, doing an MS, and taking the MCAT with high hopes of getting into the one school I'm applying to.

I have 3 degrees

I was an idiot and got a degree in Bio....decided that I wanted to make my life hell and concurrently got one in Philosophy

THEN...after my research didnt pan out, I decided toget a BSN...a Bachelors' in nursing

arrrgh!

Oh, the pain... the pain!!! Um, sorry... I spent 12 years in the service and attended classes whenever I could. This meant I had to request trasncripts from 3 or 4 schools, submit an AAFS transcript (which is not even a transcript) to show my military training, and after getting out I attended a CC then transferred to a 4 year college... so my AAMCAS app had 8 "transcripts" to be verified. Talk about expensive. I only applied to a few schools initially, and only at one did I interview (I didn't send off the secondary apps to the other schools... too much money. Anywhere from $50 to $100 per app). Took me three tries (and three rounds with AAFS app, including all the transcripts) but I finally made it in the 2005 graduating class. I am now in my 2nd yr of residency. Trust me folks... it does get better. Getting into med school is the hard part!

actually you have to be careful for amcas. i acidentally put my name as the return name on the outside of a priority mail envelope and sent it to the school to send an official copy of my transcript in. the school sent the transcript in a sealed envelope with the schools addy on it, sealed and stamped across the back and amcas came back and told me that my transcript was unofficial because MY name was in the return address on the outer envelope.....nevermind that the transcript on the inside was completely sealed and stamped. :rolleyes:

Bumping this thread 'cause I've been spending to much time in Pre-allo abd beed to return to my non-trad roots.

I have 7 undergrad and one grad transcript so far. I will probably have 2-3 more by the time I apply.

What do I win???? :D