Surgery shelf -- any anesthesia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anesthesia appears in surg recall and pretest.. is there anesthesia on the surgery shelf? any study tips for the anesthesia part?

Members don't see this ad.

not that i can recall. good luck.

Not sure if you are doing this, but Recall really isn't meant to be a tool for the shelf exam. Stick to PreTest, maybe A&L. NMS Surgery Casebook is pretty good, too.

I can't remember if I had anesthesia on my shelf. Maybe two questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a little bit about fluids intraop on mine.

Anka

excellent thank you all :)

excellent thank you all :)

only anesthesia stuff that i could see them including is who needs a swan-ganz, how to fluid resus somebody (LR vs. NS vs. D5 1/2 NS), ventilatory reqiuirements, maybe something on MH (always go with buckets of dantrolene I guess), who gets intubated. stuff like that. probably no halothane hepatitis q's. good luck, it is a fun and challenging test.

only anesthesia stuff that i could see them including is who needs a swan-ganz, how to fluid resus somebody (LR vs. NS vs. D5 1/2 NS), ventilatory reqiuirements, maybe something on MH (always go with buckets of dantrolene I guess), who gets intubated. stuff like that. probably no halothane hepatitis q's. good luck, it is a fun and challenging test.

actually this sounds about right. i do remember a question or two with PCWP, PVR, CO (SV and HR) given and you had to interpret. fluids are good too.