LMU-DCOM Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooohh, this is my first time in the actual class thread. Nice.

Anyways, I'm going to be looking for a house to rent down in the area and if I find something I may be looking for roommates if anyone is interested. Also, I'd love to find a place that'll let me have a dog. Does anyone know if there are any breed restrictions in the area?

Members don't see this ad.

Bump, we were about to drop off the first page.

Oh, if someone is looking for the real DCOM thread, your going to have to go to the pre-osteo forum.

This one seems to be forever :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I was accepted into DCOM back in January and have just got onto this site!! After careful consideration I decided on DCOM over other schools and will have to say I am very excited about next year and attending DCOM. I anticipate it will be a great class for next year!:thumbup:

Good choice, i had to evaluate my decision to DCOM quite carefully as well. But i think we both made a great choice..see you in fall:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good choice, i had to evaluate my decision to DCOM quite carefully as well. But i think we both made a great choice..see you in fall:)

Not me! LOL! I knew right from the moment of my interview, but I did look at some other schools to compare. No one could compare to DCOM though. :biglove:

Hello guys , I was accepted in December but just bumped into this thread. I am excited about getting into DCOM too and actually excited about the non-traditional students attending. I am 30 with one daughter and feel at home already. I am also a horned frog. I went to TCU for my undergrad and was a scribe at Harris from 1999-2005. I am in Lawrenceville, GA now and closer to TN. Hope we work together to make DCOM great.

Can you tell me if you pay city taxes if you work in Knoxville, but don't necessarily live there? That's how KC, MO works...if you work or live in KCMO, you have to pay a 1% income tax.

I work in Knoxville right now and live in another county and I know I don't pay any city taxes. I'd be highly upset if they taxed me for working there. That's crap.

Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how property taxes work on cars/trucks and boats.

No state personal property tax. Knox co has a wheel tax that is $60 per vehicle. I think that is it.

No state personal property tax. Knox co has a wheel tax that is $60 per vehicle. I think that is it.

Geez. $60? That's a rip off. Anderson doesn't charge anything. We just have to renew our license plates every year for the $25 a car. I guess $60 is probably good for some of the people from other areas who get ripped even worse every year as it is.

Hello guys , I was accepted in December but just bumped into this thread. I am excited about getting into DCOM too and actually excited about the non-traditional students attending. I am 30 with one daughter and feel at home already. I am also a horned frog. I went to TCU for my undergrad and was a scribe at Harris from 1999-2005. I am in Lawrenceville, GA now and closer to TN. Hope we work together to make DCOM great.

Hello and welcome!:biglove: You will fit right in with all us old folks!:D ;)

If I don't have to pay property taxes on the two vehicles and jet ski (and I know I don't have to tag the trailer), I'm not gonna complain about 60 bucks for tags....I'm used to 60 or so for tags in addition to about 600 per year for property taxes.

Now, sales tax on the other hand... :)

AHHHH!!!! I don't know which thread to post on now! We should all agree to kill of one of them and only use the other one.:confused:

Anyway, house rental for someone:

2 bdrm 1 bath house, H’gate, near LMU, avail. 5/14/07, $650 mo, $550 dep. 423-869-3135.
Save ad
Email a Friend

For sale:

For Sale by owner , secluded, private, 1.7 acres, city limits, surrounded by woods, 2100 SQ. FT., 3 br/ 2 full baths, kitchen/dining room, den, home office, sewing room, 3 decks, partial basement, central heat/air, landscaped yard, exterior siding & brick front.. Nice, clean.. serious inquiries only, located in Middlesboro, $134,900 (606)248-6755...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

New Tazewell, 3 BR, 2 baths, stone fireplace, garage, 1/2 acre, near Norris Lake. $123,900. 423-526-5728....from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, one more:

Cherry Ave Apts. New Tazewell, TN, 2 Bdrm/ 1 Bath, W/D, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher $300 deposit $425 month (423)869-5228/(606)434-3683 pd 4d & 5a...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

AHHHH!!!! I don't know which thread to post on now! We should all agree to kill of one of them and only use the other one.:confused:

Lets kill the other one. Isn't it about 3/4 the way to 1000 anyway?

Lets kill the other one. Isn't it about 3/4 the way to 1000 anyway?

Yea, it doesn't have much life left in it.:( :laugh: Agreed. Everyone else? Make this our official DCOM thread and lose the other one? All in favor post here.

I just got an email from Dr. Leo. He is resent the email because I guess a lot of them didn't go through. He added the info about the BBQ too.:D :thumbup:

I need a new date for my BBQ. I know a lot of you won't be down there yet, but I was thinking of July 22nd or 23rd. How many people will be around then?

I know I'll be down there. And Andi will be around too. I just wish she had gotten herself addicted to sdn, she'd be fun.

I know I'll be down there. And Andi will be around too. I just wish she had gotten herself addicted to sdn, she'd be fun.

LOL! I know! I talk to her on Facebook and MySpace. I don't know how you can't become addicted to SDN. She is another horse fanatic, so we will be going riding together.:laugh: :love: Is there anyone at DCOM who doesn't love animals? (Besides Dr. I?:smuggrin: ) I think they did a great job at picking people who love the country and the outdoors. It certainly seems like we all do. :biglove:

us Horned Frogs really are taking over!

LOL! I think we will have to have someone lock this one. Mod please....:rolleyes: :laugh:

You mean lock the other one, right?

Okay, I didn't get the resent one either! Should I be feeling insecure?

You mean lock the other one, right?

Okay, I didn't get the resent one either! Should I be feeling insecure?

LOL! Yes. Sorry. Y'all got me confused.:confused: Too many DCOM threads. :laugh:

I would contact Dr. Leo and let him know. Nothing to be insecure about. Just computer errors.:D

OK. Let me try this again. Mod, lock the OTHER thread please.:p

LOL! Yes. Sorry. Y'all got me confused.:confused: Too many DCOM threads. :laugh:

I would contact Dr. Leo and let him know. Nothing to be insecure about. Just computer errors.:D

OK. Let me try this again. Mod, lock the OTHER thread please.:p

I was jk. :laugh: I did call and your right about 30 were shot back. They think it is their IT system. +pissed+

I am replying to posts in the other, now soon to be dead thread...

DrJamie, Dumb and Dumber...my favorite movie, at least comedy wise. I love it and laugh every single time.

NPEMTIV, you were talking about construction, if you want to see construction, come take a gander out here. As we say in Chicago, there are only 2 seasons, winter and construction. Right now we have an interstate (I-294/I-80/I-94 - which they just finished major construction on less than 3 months ago) under construction, again, to add another lane (why it wasn't done before, who knows) and the Dan Ryan Expressway :)laugh: yeah right, expressway :laugh: ) which is the major artery going from the south suburbs and indiana into chicago is going thru a complete makeover for the last year and will finish sometime this year. They reduced 7 into 4 and even 3 in some places. It is a freaking nightmare. On the interstate I mentioned before, there is a section that has been under consruction for, I kid you not, at least 15 years straight. They keep changing it and whatever and it makes those who come from Mich. or Ind. from their summer cottages a nightmare as well. The best part of TN construction is the "Blasting Zone" signs - those are awesome :smuggrin:

I need a new date for my BBQ. I know a lot of you won't be down there yet, but I was thinking of July 22nd or 23rd. How many people will be around then?

I'm always here so whenever is good for me. I'll just make sure I'm off work for whatever day we finally all decide on.

NPEMTIV, you were talking about construction, if you want to see construction, come take a gander out here. As we say in Chicago, there are only 2 seasons, winter and construction. Right now we have an interstate (I-294/I-80/I-94 - which they just finished major construction on less than 3 months ago) under construction, again, to add another lane (why it wasn't done before, who knows) and the Dan Ryan Expressway :)laugh: yeah right, expressway :laugh: ) which is the major artery going from the south suburbs and indiana into chicago is going thru a complete makeover for the last year and will finish sometime this year. They reduced 7 into 4 and even 3 in some places. It is a freaking nightmare. On the interstate I mentioned before, there is a section that has been under consruction for, I kid you not, at least 15 years straight. They keep changing it and whatever and it makes those who come from Mich. or Ind. from their summer cottages a nightmare as well. The best part of TN construction is the "Blasting Zone" signs - those are awesome :smuggrin:

{Mental note: Never visit Chicago.} I would be on blood pressure medicine within a week! Or has they say around here, "I got high blood." Everyone who is trying to read a medical terminology book needs to make sure it has a Southern cross reference as things are somewhat different 'round these parts.

Ex....
As above
Hypertension = High Blood
Hypoglycemia = The Sugar
etc... etc...

I'm always here so whenever is good for me. I'll just make sure I'm off work for whatever day we finally all decide on.

OK. It will definitely be in July sometime. I will look at the calendar once I get down there and set a date. I don't even know which box my calendar is in right now. I HATE MOVING!!!!:smuggrin:

{Mental note: Never visit Chicago.} I would be on blood pressure medicine within a week! Or has they say around here, "I got high blood." Everyone who is trying to read a medical terminology book needs to make sure it has a Southern cross reference as things are somewhat different 'round these parts.

Ex....
As above
Hypoglycemia = The Sugar
etc... etc...

Woohoo! I'll get to learn another language! :smuggrin:

OK. It will definitely be in July sometime. I will look at the calendar once I get down there and set a date. I don't even know which box my calendar is in right now. I HATE MOVING!!!!:smuggrin:

Don't worry, you can find solace in the fact that Paris Hilton is going to jail!:lol: oh man I love that...

Ex....
As above
Hypoglycemia = The Sugar
etc... etc...
if you want a long list of medical ebonics, this is from the EM page!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=243309

Ex....
As above
Hypoglycemia = The Sugar
etc... etc...

A couple of my favorites:

peanutbutter balls = phenobarbital
smiling mighty jesus = spinal menigitis

July is good for us - just not the weekend of the 14th and 15th, as we will be working at a racetrack for the NASCAR series in Chicago.

July is good for us - just not the weekend of the 14th and 15th, as we will be working at a racetrack for the NASCAR series in Chicago.

OK. Then it will be either the weekend before or the weekend after.:) :thumbup:

if you want a long list of medical ebonics, this is from the EM page!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=243309

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Haha...those were really funny until everyone got all uptight and started trying to make trouble. At least our thread isn't the only one that's ever gotten people riled up because of our "lack of professionalism" or whatever they accuse us of being. (I call it social, but whatever.) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Good tread! :laugh:

Speaking of construction...can one of you Knoxvillians :) fill me in on what's going on with Emory Road between I-75 and Halls Crossroads?

I drove the Emory Road section from Maynardville Hwy (AKA Broadway Ave AKA Henley Street AKA 411) to I-75 not too long ago and I don't recall anything going on, but it may very well have a new construction project going on! The Emory Road from Maynardville Hwy (AKAs above) towards the actual Halls Crossroads (Emory Rd & Tazewell Pike) is a stretch I drive very very infrequently so I have no idea. Basically, what I think I'm saying is...I dunno. Lrobin, any ideas?

I drove the Emory Road section from Maynardville Hwy (AKA Broadway Ave AKA Henley Street AKA 411) to I-75 not too long ago and I don't recall anything going on, but it may very well have a new construction project going on! The Emory Road from Maynardville Hwy (AKAs above) towards the actual Halls Crossroads (Emory Rd & Tazewell Pike) is a stretch I drive very very infrequently so I have no idea. Basically, what I think I'm saying is...I dunno. Lrobin, any ideas?

Yeah, do you remember what they did to Middlebrook pike btwn Cedar Bluff and Pellissippi? That is what they are doing.
They are just trying to make it less confusing, add lanes, and straighten it out a little. It is on Emory btwn 75 and 33 -mostly in the section that goes past the Wal-mart and Mynett rd. -you know, the part that you have to guess which way to go to stay on Emory. :laugh:

-mostly in the section that goes past the Wal-mart and Mynett rd. -you know, the part that you have to guess which way to go to stay on Emory. :laugh:

Oh yeah! Fun trick they added there. I always enjoy finding myself down norris freeway or andersonville pike or something because I jumped the gun or got confused. I've only done that about a hundred times!

Oh yeah! Fun trick they added there. I always enjoy finding myself down norris freeway or andersonville pike or something because I jumped the gun or got confused. I've only done that about a hundred times!

Me too!

I actually had "decent" luck with that confusing mess...but I think I've looked at a map of the area about 15000 times or so... :)

It appears they are straightening at least one section...and possibly trying to at least put shoulders on it...possibly adding a turn lane or something. Amazingly, we never really had too much trouble with traffic...except trying to go through Jacksboro/Lafollette at 3:30 on a Friday? Took 30 minutes or more to go about 10 miles or less from I-75.

I actually had "decent" luck with that confusing mess...but I think I've looked at a map of the area about 15000 times or so... :)

It appears they are straightening at least one section...and possibly trying to at least put shoulders on it...possibly adding a turn lane or something. Amazingly, we never really had too much trouble with traffic...except trying to go through Jacksboro/Lafollette at 3:30 on a Friday? Took 30 minutes or more to go about 10 miles or less from I-75.

Don't tell me that! :smuggrin: We have to got through Lafollette and Jacksboro to get home from Knoxville.:eek: :scared: :smuggrin: :laugh:

Hey MJB, do you know when you are moving to TN? I am trying to find out how many people will be there in the middle of July.:)

I've been trying to tell you. :)

LOL! Well, I guess I am stuck now. But, our house is worth it and the location is great. We didn't have much traffic around there when we were there, but I think it was earlier in the day.:scared:

Hey MJB, do you know when you are moving to TN? I am trying to find out how many people will be there in the middle of July.:)

Not sure...but probably sometime after July 9th..as I think that's going to be my last "official" day at work...

Don't plan around me! My summer is about to get flipped upside down, living out of a suitcase for about 45 days or so...

I'm still working on trying to do the Tennessee River 600 this summer in late July as well...so, if anyone wants to donate, it's for a great cause!

www.tennesseeriver600.com

Don't change your plans for me, but I won't be there until the 20th. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people living in the student housing won't be there until the apartments open up.

DCOM is supposed to be a high tech school. Somebody put a web cam and I'll make my own BBQ and party with you all the way from Oklahoma! :D

Don't change your plans for me, but I won't be there until the 20th. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people living in the student housing won't be there until the apartments open up.

DCOM is supposed to be a high tech school. Somebody put a web cam and I'll make my own BBQ and party with you all the way from Oklahoma! :D

LOL! We were actually going to get a web cam so our families could see the kids and stuff....and then we realized we had to have dial-up because I moved us so far out in the middle of nowhere.:smuggrin: :laugh:

I am thinking maybe the weekend around the 20th. Maybe Saturday the 21st. If you are around, you are welcome to come. I know a lot of people won't be though, which is why I was going to do it on August 4th, but that is too close to DCOM's BBQ.

I was just thinking the other day that I should email Dr. Leo and find out if they were doing some sort of welcome BBQ or something so that I could make sure it didn't conflict with mine. Then when I checked my email, there it was. WEIRD!!! Not only do they read SDN, they read my mind....:eek: :scared: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.