***Meharry Medical College Class of 2011***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boomerang

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so excited to start this thread!

I have been waiting to go to medical school for forever.
I heard from Meharry in a week and something is drawing
me to this school. So I decided to attend!

I look forward to meeting my fellow classmates of 2011.

I am planning to buy a house so if anyone is from Nashville
please share your expertise.

Also, share what you are doing to "prepare" for the big transition.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Boomerang!
Thanks for starting this thread. As of right now I'll be a fellow classmate at Meharry but I'm waiting to hear back from two schools to make the final decision. This is so exciting yet scary at the same time b/c I hope I make the transition quickly and efficiently.

I too am looking to buy a house in Nashville and any information I find out I'll be sure to share with you.

Hi tthorst,

What schools are you waiting to hear back from? I am waiting to hear from two myself, but it is possible that only one of those will trump my acceptance to Meharry (money reasons).

I am very excited. I am so antsy I have started doing Step I questions. I know that is crazy, but I seriously cannot find anything better to do with my time :laugh:

Certainly let me know abou the housing. Right now I am working on getting my score up a little bit more. I think I will put in the paper work around April
1st. That should be enough time to close before school starts.

Hi Boomerang!
Thanks for starting this thread. As of right now I'll be a fellow classmate at Meharry but I'm waiting to hear back from two schools to make the final decision. This is so exciting yet scary at the same time b/c I hope I make the transition quickly and efficiently.

I too am looking to buy a house in Nashville and any information I find out I'll be sure to share with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi tthorst,

What schools are you waiting to hear back from? I am waiting to hear from two myself, but it is possible that only one of those will trump my acceptance to Meharry (money reasons).

I am very excited. I am so antsy I have started doing Step I questions. I know that is crazy, but I seriously cannot find anything better to do with my time :laugh:

Certainly let me know abou the housing. Right now I am working on getting my score up a little bit more. I think I will put in the paper work around April
1st. That should be enough time to close before school starts.

Thanks for the welcome Boomerang!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Emory and Case Western. Not sure if either one of those will come through, but I have faith. I believe that either one would trump my acceptance to Meharry; however, if neither should come through...I'm going to be a doctor!!! :D

Wow - already studying!!! I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I've considered brushing up on my biochem (notice how I said considered!). :laugh:

Yes, you definitely have time before you need to start the paperwork for financing and looking for that matter. Luckily I have an Aunt in the business who will do my loan and is able to do it nationwide, so we'll start on the paperwork soon so that we know what we qualify for and begin looking in GA, OH, and TN!:laugh: :luck: :laugh:

Hopefully another future classmate may join us soon. Take care & I'll be in touch. Enjoy yourself too while you have the free time!!!

Hey future Meharrians!!!

tthorst you contacted me on mdapplicants.

I hope you both decide on Meharry. I am sending my deposit in now. :D

Hey how long did it take you guys to hear back, after the interview?

Hey guys....Doesn't the starting in june thing really really suck! Thats why i withdrew my acceptance..

Just wondering how you all are rationalising it!

Hey future Meharrians!!!

tthorst you contacted me on mdapplicants.

I hope you both decide on Meharry. I am sending my deposit in now. :D

WELCOME & Congrats! Yeah, sending in that $300 hurt yet was exciting at the same time. :D

Has anyone received any information since then? I got my email that I was accepted 11/18 but didn't get my registered letter until the beginning of December. Since then I haven't received any other information, have I missed something?

Hey guys....Doesn't the starting in june thing really really suck! Thats why i withdrew my acceptance..

Just wondering how you all are rationalising it!

Yes starting in June does suck, but I'll take what I can get. I feel fortunate to be accepted first time around. I'm still waiting to hear back from two schools, so if I'm waitlisted at those I'll really start to worry. :scared: I'm sure all will work out in the end.

Did you have another acceptance which is why you withdrew?

My letter was sent out 12/5 and I interviewed Nov. 17th. As for starting in JUNE!!! I thought I had the summer to finish my thesis but now:confused: I have to buckle down and have it done by APRIL! I think it will be a good change of pace for me to not spend the summer slaving in the lab. I am excited to start early.

My letter was sent out 12/5 and I interviewed Nov. 17th. As for starting in JUNE!!! I thought I had the summer to finish my thesis but now:confused: I have to buckle down and have it done by APRIL! I think it will be a good change of pace for me to not spend the summer slaving in the lab. I am excited to start early.

:wow: :eek: :scared: On the whole thesis. Oh I remember that agony and was certainly glad when it was over. Buckle down and get it down that way you have a few weeks of down time before we start class. :D

:wow: :eek: :scared: On the whole thesis. Oh I remember that agony and was certainly glad when it was over. Buckle down and get it down that way you have a few weeks of down time before we start class. :D

The paper is being written now. I am hoping that converting it into the thesis format won't be too cumbersome a task. If I don't get it finished before I go I can just stay enrolled and finish it when I have free time :scared: :laugh: !

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys received an email or letters (snail-mail) from them regarding the result of the interview?

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys received an email or letters (snail-mail) from them regarding the result of the interview? I recently had an interview there and I think it was one of the most welcoming school in the country! I am planning to attend here, despite the fact that I have acceptance from somewhere else! I LOVED THEM SO MUCH!!! I hope I hear good news from them soon......:)

I found out via email that I was accepted and then received a certified registered letter.

I hope your outcome is an acceptance as well!!!!

Just stopping by to say congratulations to everyone!

yeah, I interviewed on a Monday and received an e-mail saturday night. i don't know though if they have a constant turn around like that.

Just stopping through to say Welcome to the Meharry Family!!!

:thumbup: HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY EXCITED TO BE ACCEPTED AT MEHARRY.

Waiting on another school to make my final decision but apart from the JUNE start date, this school seems like a great place to spend my next four years. Hope to see you all there. peace:D

I got my acceptance email from Meharry and have sent in my deposit but I haven't received anything else from them :(

I got my acceptance email from Meharry and have sent in my deposit but I haven't received anything else from them :(

but you got your money in...so i'm sure they will be glad to take it and you'll get everything you need soon! congrats!!!!!:thumbup:

Since receiving your acceptance letter - has anyone received anything else from Meharry? The letter states to look for more information in the mail, but when is it coming? If no one has...I'm calling them.

Greetings everyone! :D I may be joining you guys but I'm still undecided. I'm a little discouraged with the start date in June :scared: but on a positive note, the pre-matriculation program is definitely a good aspect especially in helping us make the adjustment to the caliber of medical school courses.

Hey everyone I interview on Monday 3/19...any advice?

hey guys,
i interviewed about three weeks ago and i saw everyone got their decisions at varying times....can anybody gauge how long it is taking them to send acceptances now? also, when do u think the best time to call them would be? one more thing, have the ppl who have recently gotten acceptances gotten them both by email and mail? also, is it registered mail or priority mail?

hehe i know it's a butt load of questions....but would appreciate it if you could give me some more insight :)

there are three interviews...with no time in between...all 30 mins each...make sure u read the interview feedback and try to be genuine...make sure u are interested in their mission...show a decent but not overwhelming amount of curiosity and interest of going there

as far as techinical question stuff...just the normal...who, when, where, why questions and some personal quality questions...like what makes u unique

Hey everyone I interview on Monday 3/19...any advice?

there are three interviews...with no time in between...all 30 mins each...make sure u read the interview feedback and try to be genuine...make sure u are interested in their mission...show a decent but not overwhelming amount of curiousity and interest of going there

as far as techinical question stuff...just the normal...who, when, where, why questions and some personal quality questions...like what makes u unique

I couldn't have said this any better. Do as Mr_Bihari suggested and you'll do just fine.

hey guys,
i interviewed about three weeks ago and i saw everyone got their decisions at varying times....can anybody gauge how long it is taking them to send acceptances now? also, when do u think the best time to call them would be? one more thing, have the ppl who have recently gotten acceptances gotten them both by email and mail? also, is it registered mail or priority mail?

hehe i know it's a butt load of questions....but would appreciate it if you could give me some more insight :)

To be honest I can't gauge how long it is taking them to send out acceptances. I think you would be safe to call now as you have waited 3 weeks. I was part of the first group to be accepted so I received both an email and a registered letter in the mail. Hope this info helps and I wish you the best of luck. :luck:

thanks...this helps a lot....i'll call soon :)

To be honest I can't gauge how long it is taking them to send out acceptances. I think you would be safe to call now as you have waited 3 weeks. I was part of the first group to be accepted so I received both an email and a registered letter in the mail. Hope this info helps and I wish you the best of luck. :luck:

Hey Mr. B!
Yeah, all I received was a registed letter, I didn't get the email.
And Mr. Mosley said we can call him on his cell 4 weeks after we haven't heard...so you should be hearing soon!
Good Luck :luck:

tthorst- are you definitely going to Meharry?

KTMD2B- Good Luck on your interview!!! Just RELAX...during my interview I got so relaxed that I was semi- reclined (no feet up or anything) in the chair and when I noticed I quickly sat upright...hehe :)

cool...cool....well i guess i will wait one more week....hehe then i have to find his cell # because he was not there during over afternoon interviews....by the way...how long did u get ur decision after the interview??

thanks caged

Hey Mr. B!
Yeah, all I received was a registed letter, I didn't get the email.
And Mr. Mosley said we can call him on his cell 4 weeks after we haven't heard...so you should be hearing soon!
Good Luck :luck:

KTMD2B- Good Luck on your interview!!! Just RELAX...during my interview I got so relaxed that I was semi- reclined (no feet up or anything) in the chair and when I noticed I quickly sat upright...hehe :)

cool...cool....well i guess i will wait one more week....hehe then i have to find his cell # because he was not there during over afternoon interviews....by the way...how long did u get ur decision after the interview??

thanks caged

Hey, it took about 2 weeks post- interview to get my decision. I've seen in other threads where it took longer, I think I just interviewed close to the day they had an adcom meeting.
And if you want his cell#, send me a PM and I'll send it to ya, didn't want to put it on the thread...I don't think Mr. Mosley would appreciate that...hehe :)
Good Luck! :luck:

On a side note- anybody see the 2007 Match List for Meharry? I saw an article, where one girl matched into plastics at Baylor...impressive :thumbup:
I didn't see the whole list though.

I'm not sure...I've been waitlisted at one school and waiting to hear back from two others, but as of this moment...Meharry is where I'll be in 3months! Oh gosh...that is soon!:eek:

Hi Guys! I was there during match day. I am friends with two brothers who were matching. For one thing, it is very exciting! Many matched at their number one choice. There were several individuals who matched at top programs at Hopkins and Vanderbilt. I have not yet interviewed at Meharry. I sent them an e-mail expressing interest, but I don't know if they look at the e-mails. I have been accepted at my state school but I really believe that Meharry has a lot to offer! Good luck to everyone.

thanks!...i'll wait some more :)....then let u know....i have a feeling it's coming soon ;)

Hey, it took about 2 weeks post- interview to get my decision. I've seen in other threads where it took longer, I think I just interviewed close to the day they had an adcom meeting.
And if you want his cell#, send me a PM and I'll send it to ya, didn't want to put it on the thread...I don't think Mr. Mosley would appreciate that...hehe :)

On a side note- anybody see the 2007 Match List for Meharry? I saw an article, where one girl matched into plastics at Baylor...impressive :thumbup:

do u know where I can find this list? that's exciting...i have a feeling it's gonna get better every year

Greetings everyone! :) Anyone know if Meharry has a AOA chapter??