Any Half Jewish Half Puertorican Premeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgglaze

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm aware that Judaism is a religion, but run with it.

Members don't see this ad.

Jewish meaning Israeli?/Eastern-European Jew?, or meaning one of your parents follow the religion?

Lets go with Eastern European Jew.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well my mom is a sephardic jew from Puerto Rico. Does that count?

I'm Jew-Rican =) Nearly all the latino students were in my high school...

lol what kind of HS was this? I have yet to encounter another Jewrican in my travels.

Any one out there who is 12.5% Welsh, 6.25% Nigerian, 25% Muslim, 6.25% Canadian, 12.5% Greenlander/Artic Eskimo, 6.25% Egyptian, 12.5% Southern Baptist, 18.75% Southern Asian Indian with crosses of Thai, whose mother has what doctors call a Mexican/Latino birthmark?

-I'm not even sure that makes sense...

Any one out there who is 12.5% Welsh, 6.25% Nigerian, 25% Muslim, 6.25% Canadian, 12.5% Greenlander/Artic Eskimo, 6.25% Egyptian, 12.5% Southern Baptist, 18.75% Southern Asian Indian with crosses of Thai, whose mother has what doctors call a Mexican/Latino birthmark?

:thumbup::thumbup::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol what kind of HS was this? I have yet to encounter another Jewrican in my travels.

There is a sandwich shop at UCLA called Jose Bernstein's. My sister's friend asked him about the name. I believe she said the guy said he's half-Jewish half Puerto Rican.

The mentor i researched under in high school was a cuban/jewish if thats any consolation- mamas jewish and dadas cubano

hehehehehehe :D:laugh: I AM! wow thats so cool, we have ALOT in common!

Well...nyc has the world's 2nd largest jewish population outside of israel and the 2nd largest P.R. population outside of puerto rico, so you do the math. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
me! and my interviewer at harvard was, too!

I am a unique species of animal

My dad is of Jewish American descent.

My mom is Peruvian

What am I?

OMG! so now that you guys found your fellow jewricans, what in heavens will you all talk about!??! (i dont see the purpose of threads like these, you find other people like you and the similarity, for the most part, ends there...)

OMG! so now that you guys found your fellow jewricans, what in heavens will you all talk about!??! (i dont see the purpose of threads like these, you find other people like you and the similarity, for the most part, ends there...)

We will talk about the unique challenges we faced growing up half Jewish and half Puertorican. For example, why it's so difficult to get your Jewish friends to drink Malta.

We will talk about the unique challenges we faced growing up half Jewish and half Puertorican. For example, why it's so difficult to get your Jewish friends to drink Malta.
How about trying to get any non-puerto ricans to drink Malta? Soo good but such an acquired taste...

How about trying to get any non-puerto ricans to drink Malta? Soo good but such an acquired taste...

I guess that since I drank it a lot growing up I did not realize it was an acquired taste until I offered a friend some in Junior High. He spat it out and told me it tasted like raisin soda.

Damn, I was so close but instead of Canadian I had East Timorean. Oh well.

Malta apparently, so there's still hope for this thread yet!

huh.....people in the 1930's do horrible work.

Possibly Tiger Woods?

I dont think this can be possible...there has to be somekind of tenet against being only 25% muslim....isnt it an all or nothing kinda deal...and the Mex/lat birthmark can only be diagnosed on 18.75% NORTHERN Asian Indian...and by law in accordance to UN resolution 252, any trace of canadian ancestry below 100% is automatically removed and replaced by the other ethinic %...just like islam, being canadian is an all or nothing deal according to the world...you either with them or agaisnt them...:thumbup:...:laugh:

I am drinking malta right now and here I come across a thread about jewricans and med scool. Life is full of coincidences. :)

Wow I know this thread is old, but I came up on it when I did a keyword search to see if being Puerto Rican and Jewish is a lead on discussing me as a unique person for secondary applications. And the malta thing had me cracking. I've been trying to convince my Israeli bf to try it and he just won't break.

I have the Welsh covered for you! I have German, Norweigan, and Greek covered for anyone that needs it!

Last edited:
Wow I know this thread is old, but I came up on it when I did a keyword search to see if being Puerto Rican and Jewish is a lead on discussing me as a unique person for secondary applications. And the malta thing had me cracking. I've been trying to convince my Israeli bf to try it and he just won't break.

You've waited 10 months for this to be your big first post?

The mentor i researched under in high school was a cuban/jewish if thats any consolation- mamas jewish and dadas cubano

That's not too surprising since there was at one point a large Jewish population in Cuba.

I am a unique species of animal

My dad is of Jewish American descent.

My mom is Peruvian

What am I?

Oy vey...:eek:

yes and apparently I also waited a year to respond back.

Yes, I'm aware that Judaism is a religion, but run with it.
It's actually both a religion and a race, but the race divides between Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardi Jews. You can't be "half" Jewish either. It passes through your mother, so if she's Jewish, you're Jewish.

LOL. Old thread.

LOL @ jews being a race.

Are people still holding onto that lost tribe, no one is like us, we are our own special kind, superiority complex crap?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's like thinking that light-skinned people and dark-skinned people are a different race.

Who's next? Blondes and brunettes? Gingers?

It's no race but it's definitely an ethnicity.

Hmm well im sure there are plenty. They can do dishes,laundry and mow lawns like a good latino, as well as finding me great discounts and doing my taxes like a good Jew. Which doctor would say no to having one of those around?

This thread is way over the hill.

Hmm well im sure there are plenty. They can do dishes,laundry and mow lawns like a good latino, as well as finding me great discounts and doing my taxes like a good Jew. Which doctor would say no to having one of those around?

I would strongly suggest you share that brilliance with the admissions committees.

LOL @ jews being a race.

Are people still holding onto that lost tribe, no one is like us, we are our own special kind, superiority complex crap?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's like thinking that light-skinned people and dark-skinned people are a different race.

Who's next? Blondes and brunettes? Gingers?
There are genetic markers that are unique to Jewish people. If you do some research, you can find out more and see how the Jewish race is accepted by many scholars.

playa puts foot in mouth? shocker

I have a friend whose dad is a turkish jew, his mom is a cuban jew (both relatively dark skinned) and oddly enough him and his 2 sisters are white like they have a ashkenazi background as opposed to sephardic